Games with adjustable speed should be ranked too.

Moderator: keyser

Re: Games with adjustable speed should be ranked too.

Postby Batmansrueckkehr » 08 Jan 2013, 17:25

no offence, but u should play some round based strategy and not real time. maybe chess or something like that....

it is a challenge to do all things at once at the same time. those who can do that best (and do the right things ofc) win the game.
and i think we got the picture, but somehow u dont see it.
sure would be efficient to pause once a min to get all orders done i want to - but this would be no skil, challenge - fun!?

as i said. this is real time and not round based.
UET_bat
Batmansrueckkehr

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: batmansrueckkehr

Postby ColonelSheppard » 08 Jan 2013, 17:34

Batmansrueckkehr wrote:no offence, but u should play some round based strategy and not real time. maybe chess or something like that....

it is a challenge to do all things at once at the same time. those who can do that best (and do the right things ofc) win the game.
sure would be efficient to pause once a min to get all orders done i want to - but this would be no skil, challenge - fun!?

agreed, more or less my opinion
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Wakke » 08 Jan 2013, 21:53

So if FA was created with +3 as the default, you all would be clamoring speed 0 would be too slow to consider? Something like that? :lol:
Wakke

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby shabbathai » 08 Jan 2013, 23:55

Batmansrueckkehr wrote:no offence, but u should play some round based strategy and not real time. maybe chess or something like that....

Actualy this is a game with different options of playing. Not just one. From -9 to +9. Or with pause while u give orders..Otherwise why are so many mods there? Why isn't everyone playing only forged alliance original? So why should we condemn these options if they are avaliable? If they weren't meant to be used why bother putting them in?

ZaphodX wrote:I think the problem Shabba is that no-one who knows how to play would even consider playing at a slower speed. It would also make games so much longer!

Anyone should able to choose how he/she wants to play. And if you ask me, i'd rather play 1 nice war for 2h than 5 rush and tumble wars in those 2h.
I will repeat again. I dont wish to take anything away from how it is atm, i would just like to see sth added.
shabbathai
Crusader

FAF User Name: LS

Postby ColonelSheppard » 09 Jan 2013, 00:14

feel free to play FA on any speed, just not ranked
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby discoverer2k4 » 09 Jan 2013, 16:53

PLEASE read and understand this:
http://www.faforever.com/mediawiki/inde ... kill_works

thank you...

If you want other game speeds ask for another ladder or a 2nd rating. Ah ... don't forget to ask if we can have a seperate rating for Setons, No Air, Survival, Thermo, XtremeWars, Vanilla, Claustrophobia, LABwars and so on.

Pilot or the others will be happy to implement that :)

If you don't understand the trueskill wiki - ask if somebody can explain it to you.
ranking :
~1500 global / ~1100 ladder
~1100 games / ~ 400 games
discoverer2k4
Contributor

FAF User Name: discoverer2k4

Previous

Return to FAF Suggestions