Unfair exclusion on ladder when a internet router reboot.

Moderator: keyser

Re: Unfair exclusion on ladder when a internet router reboot

Postby laPPen » 30 Sep 2012, 13:04

I guess some ppl need sth to be proud of and sadly there is
nothing else in their life than their hardware
and their internet connection.
So lets give them a hug and tell them how jealous we are
that we dont got that.
laPPen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: laPPen

Postby -_V_- » 30 Sep 2012, 13:22

ToejamS wrote:The OP wanted a 2 minute increase in kick time. You should spend more time reading and less time trolling. 2 minutes is too long for a ranked game. Fix your stuff, its broken. I sure dont pay a lot of money for my 100mb conneciton, 5ghz i7 with ssd to wait for someone else with a bad connection or crappy router. If you want to live with 1980's internet, thats fine, please dont ask us suffer it, it was bad enuf once.

So 3 min, I think it's stil OK. Funny how you brag about your stuff. I thought you were living in Australia. Did they get rid of the quotas yet ? ;)

I guess some ppl need sth to be proud of and sadly there is
nothing else in their life than their hardware
and their internet connection.
So lets give them a hug and tell them how jealous we are
that we dont got that.

YEah no, I got a better connection, 1000Mbps symetrical, so no hug from me sorry :lol:. But it's funny to see people brag about it. 2 min or 3 is longer when you have hexacore or whatever haha.

NEvermind, bottom line, some people are fair play, some aren't.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby ToejamS » 01 Oct 2012, 12:34

Strange how every thread that -V- posts on eventually turns into a troll fest. I was pointing out my stuff because I like playing the game, without lag or connection issues. Personally 2 minutes is too long to wait for a 10-15 minute game for something that can and should be fixed. I wont be waiting just as I expect others not to wait for me when I drop, which has happened several times and they didnt wait for me.
BTW, I live in England now.
ToejamS

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: ToejamS

Postby rootbeer23 » 01 Oct 2012, 19:00

ToejamS wrote:Strange how every thread that -V- posts on eventually turns into a troll fest.

don't feed the trolls
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Postby Doompants » 01 Oct 2012, 20:32

My god. This happens what? 1 time in 50? Less? In the name of community and sportsmanship, an extra minute and a half won't kill you. If it can be coded (moot point if it cant) I would support increasing the timeout.

because something else I haven't seen mentioned: I've played for years, and up until about 2 months ago I didn't even realize that anybody ever came back after the 50 second mark. I'd seen people blip out for 10th seconds or so, but by the time the kick button came up, I assumed they were gone. it was only after a multiplayer game, where the guys friend I asked us all to wait that I realized FA could recollect you after so long.

So while some people here obviously see an extra minute or two as a huge inconvenience, I bet a lot of us just don't know better and hit kick when it pops up.
Doompants

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Doompants

Postby Softly » 01 Oct 2012, 22:55

I personally think you should wait longer than the 50 secs in 1v1, and will wait longer myself, but I see no reason to enforce that on other people. If you dc and get ejected then take that as a prompt to sort out the issue whatever it may be, and that doesn't necessarily mean you have to throw money at the issue.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby discoverer2k4 » 02 Oct 2012, 10:25

One example... many people don't give a damn about peoples need to pause the game - they just directly unpause the game "because they can" and because they are fucking unfair people (happened again yesterday). It's the same with the "kick button" after 50 seconds the guy of team 2 will be kicked from at least one of team 1 - because he can. In ranked 1vs1 it is "maybe" different but there you have these fucking people who quit the game directly after its up because they don't like the map, they don't like "you" and your points or they just wanna have "more games" and this is... BECAUSE THEY CAN ... I don't know - but this takes time too and often it takes more time to find a new player or "another player" as this as***** who quits the game every time than waiting 1 min longer for the shitty kick button.

Or think about a compromise... change the time from 50 seconds to 90 seconds.

BR
ranking :
~1500 global / ~1100 ladder
~1100 games / ~ 400 games
discoverer2k4
Contributor

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: discoverer2k4

Previous

Return to FAF Suggestions