Invasion of the Smurfs

Moderator: keyser

Re: Invasion of the Smurfs

Postby mondaymoonlight » 22 Sep 2012, 02:30

Actually V just uses one of he laptops to smurf. Her transcend screen name was made so she could get smurf a setons game she got booted out of.
mondaymoonlight
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: mondaymoonlight

Postby -_V_- » 22 Sep 2012, 02:37

OMG you're even more "funny" than what i thought.

Ask Zep when the account Transcend was created , and if it was used to "smurf" as in playing not saying who i was :roll: .

Oh btw genius, maybe you would notice the SG flag in front of the name.
Another hint genius, there's a script name to check the previous names , if you can manage to make it work (Ask for a tutorial maybe), you should see the HBE_V name or something like this.
I think (not sure) that this might lead to the track in case one would wonder if it's a beginner player or not. Just a thought.

So yeah, anyway best solution to play unrevealed :lol:

And BTW, no i didn't get kick from this one ;) , I mostly get kicked from "all welcome" games because of the ping nazis :mrgreen: . Experienced players are usually a bit more intelligent.

Anything else ?
It's OK, in the end, I forgive you.

And I am truly sorry if sometimes the game is filled with players that are not worth me getting out of the bed to play. I will try to make an effort for you in the future.

Kiss and Hugs!
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Softly » 22 Sep 2012, 10:47

Why can't you use your first account on the laptop?

How hard could that be...
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby -_V_- » 22 Sep 2012, 11:12

Hum I thought it was not recommended. Guess I missed something on the explanations.

Bottom line, people in the game knew, not that it was secret anyway ;)
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Postby Andyrooooooo » 22 Sep 2012, 11:44

not that ive read any of the previous posts in this thread, but i think u should be able to hide ur identity at will

all that should show is rank... u get a lot of trolls that like to follow you around and sometimes i just CBF dealing with the history of other player sometimes

i think when you go into a game and you see laPPen you know what the game will consist of... when you see megatron219 u know what the game will be like

i would rather people scout their opponent and discover what they plan to do from scratch, not just come in knowing what play style they are about to face
Andyrooooooo
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Ctrl-K

Postby noobymcnoobcake » 23 Sep 2012, 18:33

Andyrooooooo wrote:not that ive read any of the previous posts in this thread, but i think u should be able to hide ur identity at will

all that should show is rank... u get a lot of trolls that like to follow you around and sometimes i just CBF dealing with the history of other player sometimes

i think when you go into a game and you see laPPen you know what the game will consist of... when you see megatron219 u know what the game will be like

i would rather people scout their opponent and discover what they plan to do from scratch, not just come in knowing what play style they are about to face

What you are asking for is a blacklist that relys on the UID of the player and auto kicks them from your games and mutes them.

I do not think smurfs should be allowed. Any smurf accounts should be banned and the creators of them warned. Also remember if its possible to make a smurf, then its always a feature that is going to be abused. Nothing can stop them all together but with a bit of careful moderating and a few other anti smurf features it might cut down the numbers a little
noobymcnoobcake
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby -_V_- » 23 Sep 2012, 20:32

Well that would be valid if smurfing was truly bad. We need to avoid it , only because Zep decided he didn't want this.

Smurfing being a good thing or not is not the point, nor the debate.
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

Postby Casimus » 23 Sep 2012, 22:50

Andyrooooooo wrote:not that ive read any of the previous posts in this thread, but i think u should be able to hide ur identity at will

Fact is Mr Rooo whilst some people might like to hide their identity (which I can understand) others use it as a tool to stack, bash noobs and generally ruin games, a few months it was getting to the point where i couldn't be arsed as there were that many, that's when I started the thread.

You have to admit that it is a major advantage if 1 player knows the other and not the other way round, is that not deceit in order to gain an advantage??

Your obsession that certain individuals have done you wrong is laughable, I think you need to take a long hard look in the mirror my friend as some of the abuse you unfairly direct at people including me is wrong.
Casimus
Banned

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 23 times
FAF User Name: SN_CASIMITSU

Postby Softly » 23 Sep 2012, 23:44

If we decide to allow smurfing then we should get rid of the rating system as it would be made redundant by the fact that it would not be representative of the majority of players.

I for one am very keen on the rating system as it allows games to be balanced, and as we all supposedly know a balanced game is much more fun.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby -_V_- » 24 Sep 2012, 14:59

When you get better(not sure it will happen since you only play balanced games, good luck to get better with this attitude) maybe you will understand FIRST HAND how it is to ALWAYS ALWAYS have to be put with some lousy teammate and that your entire game is only about saving his ass.
I'm not talking about some games from time to time, it's like , you reach 2k rating, there you go, taste your noobs all the time!

Stay in the game, you gonna be babysitting the others. Leave you're a coward stacker :lol:

What could give a HUGE desire to hide the identity could be to avoid, from time to time, this bs, just to relax a bit.

Another reason would be to avoid playing with the so called pro players. I was so sick of the shit around setons that I ran away from those "good" players to play games just for fun, and those games were launching super fast. Remember you do the same too.

No more this 30 min bla bla bs in lobby. This was getting out of proportion. Each single day at the end me and galac were getting this shit, so I guess the others with a decent rating too. First 2 of us was stacked no matter what, I mean 2 versus 4, then even ONE of us ended in "stacked". This finally pushed Galac away and me to some extent. Not that you care much but just sayin'.
On the bright note I guess he made us get better at eco whoring so we could win 2 ecos and a bit against 4 decent ones.

With this attitude, better be a noob than getting better. People confuse not wanting to play with players with limited mental capabilities with stacking. Funky but w/e.

Besides, go ahead and continue to balance games for hours. Good call to get any better! There's a reason why the level on FAF is so average and no new good players is really emerging. GPGnet had its share of fast rising stars : VIP, kinky, erwin, usuq, dcc, and some others.

I personally remember those HBE playin' against much better teams on paper, and ended to win and even bash them. I Experienced that first hand :mrgreen: (Wasn't laughin at that time when we got toasted by a single fuckin' spider :shock: ).

And guess what, they're among the best now. I wonder if they would haven risen up so fast by always playin' without challenge.

First hand, I got severely bashed by Lappen's crew and a lot of others. When VIP arrived , he owned me so bad, I was mad and practiced and got better. That's how it works.

I can assure you, get better, and then smurf or not you won't care :mrgreen: . It can be anyone, it won't matter. If you can't be arsed to get better, it's a diff issue, but then don't cry all the time.

BTW, for someone who used to smurf for real, you have some guts to complain. But I guess since your rating is not in the top it's not a pb, right ? Same kind of funky story : when I see your games with lower level players to just bash them, I guess in this case it's alright for you to stack. double standard much ? ;)

Oh and BTW, smurfing to supposedly "steal" points can only work for a few games since if you're good, you will level up very fast according to the points system in place!

See you on the field !
-_V_-
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to FAF Suggestions