Idea for FAF Council Communication

Moderator: keyser

Idea for FAF Council Communication

Postby Deribus » 22 Jul 2018, 07:07

First and foremost, I want to start by thanking each and every one of you who have worked on the FAF project. You guys put in an immense amount of (often thankless) work to keep improving this game, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

However, as has been pointed out several times over the past few years, there seems to be a lack of communication between the Council and the larger FAF Community, and this has caused quite a few problems. My proposition to hopefully improve the lines of communication is to take a page from Fortnite's book.

Fortnite has a publicly viewable (but not publicly editable) Trello board, where they post major issues that the team is aware of and working on:

https://trello.com/b/Bs7hgkma/fortnite-community-issues

I think this is a great way to view that kind of information, and FAF could greatly benefit from a similar board. Topics could include balance issues, technical problems, general community complaints, and anything else the various teams are working on. Now I don't think this should have absolutely everything on it, the Council could make this as transparent or obscure as they like, but I think it would ease a lot of people's fears to see that the Council knows about X issue and is working on it.

Let me know your thoughts!
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Re: Idea for FAF Council Communication

Postby FtXCommando » 22 Jul 2018, 07:43

Funny enough the promo councillor, his team, and I had a discussion about using the FAF newsletter that people signed up for as a way to provide monthly (or whatever period of time) FAF news. It could include tournaments, dev work, balance work, whatever. The promo team would need help with this of course so if you’re interested in assisting with data collection you could PM JJ about it.

Otherwise, I try to post relevant info about features people want and what is holding them back in my Discord after I talk with FAF devs to see what is keeping them from working on stuff.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Re: Idea for FAF Council Communication

Postby Exotic_Retard » 22 Jul 2018, 10:22

i like the idea of a trello board, brutus made one for the stuff hes personally working on, it could be a good way to check how much stuff a dev has in their queue, and having one for faf would also be good for new devs joining and knowing about the issues that need to be worked on.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Return to FAF Suggestions