Some Idea's/Suggestions

Moderator: keyser

Some Idea's/Suggestions

Postby partymarty81 » 23 Nov 2017, 16:11

Again don't shoot down if technically out of reach, some things I have been thinking about.....

UNIT MOVEMENT

- Is there any way, when grouping a bunch of units, to get the scouts to follow behind the tanks.... 1 step further, perhaps the AA/arty to follow just behind.... I know there is the CTRL move function which I think they go into formation and then move slowly but I'm imagining at normal pace... If there is a mod which does this kind of thing already please share!

LADDER CONNUNDRUM

- So the high rated players want lots of maps, big pool.... New players want small map pool to limit amount of learning needed..... I have read in depth the issues of what is being discussed/worked on.... Surely copying the code to create a second ladder "training/mini ladder or whatever" with either an unofficial rating or no rating at all. People can practice then on the training ladder to get used to 1v1 until they feel ready to advance.... Normal ladder map count can then be upped and hopefully keeping the high end players happy or who knows maybe tempting some back to play

TESTING STUFF/PATCHES/BALANCE

- Reading a thread from Downlord, some of the comments said that it may be harder to find people to test things than it is to actually make it. I think this is mainly as it's quite daunting as a lot of people don't have a deep enough knowledge to be able to comment constructively (like me). It's not that I don't want to help, I would actually like to. However when for example patch notes come out, although I play a lot I don't have the knowledge to know what is trying to be achieved or what the changes are going to mean to the gameplay, so it's impossible for me to say if I think if desired change is working or not.... If perhaps the suggested patches/balance stuff etc were explained in real lay terms by someone who knows exactly what is trying to be achieved, lower rated players which are active might be more willing to chip in

NEW PLAYER TRAINERS

- So currently there is a training team, which are happy to help look at replays etc and give advice to new players, most of these are of a real high rating who maybe can't connect with someone starting out..... What I mean by this is having someone who is 1600 trying to help someone who is brand new into this game may be like having Cristiano Ronaldo teach a 6 year old how to play football. It's going to be far better for someone of that rating, to start training someone when they hit perhaps 1000 and the person has an idea of the basics, BO's etc and needs tweaking to improve. My idea is tasking some active players who have got around the 900-1000 level, who can help people on a basic level to get them up as much as possible. If they do, the higher rated players can take over.... Other ideas I had was perhaps a separate chat channel where people could opt in to automatically join which could encourage like minded players to learn and improve together... I'm happy to help on this if anyone thinks it's a good idea - i know on the flip side it might mean people low rated teaching other new players bad habits.....
partymarty81

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Re: Some Idea's/Suggestions

Postby biass » 23 Nov 2017, 17:30

partymarty81 wrote:NEW PLAYER TRAINERS

- So currently there is a training team, which are happy to help look at replays etc and give advice to new players, most of these are of a real high rating who maybe can't connect with someone starting out..... What I mean by this is having someone who is 1600 trying to help someone who is brand new into this game may be like having Cristiano Ronaldo teach a 6 year old how to play football. It's going to be far better for someone of that rating, to start training someone when they hit perhaps 1000 and the person has an idea of the basics, BO's etc and needs tweaking to improve. My idea is tasking some active players who have got around the 900-1000 level, who can help people on a basic level to get them up as much as possible. If they do, the higher rated players can take over.... Other ideas I had was perhaps a separate chat channel where people could opt in to automatically join which could encourage like minded players to learn and improve together... I'm happy to help on this if anyone thinks it's a good idea - i know on the flip side it might mean people low rated teaching other new players bad habits.....

Good trainers will be able to train people of any rating level by helping them learn on their mindset and decision making, something a 1000 would not yet have even thought about working on, training typically isnt about "oh you didnt make a pgen at minute 8" then it is about background issues (espcially about making excuses for their play like some examples in aeolus..)

About ladder, there just isn't the people around to fill that, there isn't enough to fill the ladder already! :mrgreen:
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Return to FAF Suggestions