Cybran durability upgrades

Moderator: keyser

Cybran durability upgrades

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 26 Jun 2017, 02:35

The lack of a Cybran durability upgrade has been discussed a lot. They lack a Nano/Shield upgrade to boost their HP. Thinking about that, I had a crackpot idea:

What about making stealth also increase manoeuvrability of the Cybran ACU? Make it faster and make it turn faster. That way you could dodge more, resulting in a virtual HP boost. It could also be an interesting combat upgrade for offensive pushes, because your ACU could outrun the opponent's ACU. I think such a move could lower the gap between Cybran and other factions for early midgame combat ACU capabilites. It would also be an interesting and diverse buff, imho true to the Cybran style.

But like I said, it's just a crackpot idea, still worth brainstorming about though.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Re: Cybran durability upgrades

Postby biass » 26 Jun 2017, 06:07

The issue with acu combat is that its all balanced around the same speed and changing the speed of one faction almost immediately breaks the balance

Im pretty sure stealth gave a little regen but i still fail to see how them having not a hp boost but other things is a "problem"
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Endranii » 26 Jun 2017, 13:42

Unfortunately Stealth upgrade is not giving anything else than stealth. The idea on forum was to higher the cost of the stealth upgrade so we can add some small regen bonus making the cybran acu way better on hit and run tactics as now the stealth can't really balance the more regen/hp on enemy coms.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby Zeldafanboy » 26 Jun 2017, 15:15

Simple solution-- we just go back to the old Cybran ACU's rate of base regen, which was nerfed for some strange reason. It really wasn't needed, Cybran coms have never been difficult to kill.
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Postby FtXCommando » 26 Jun 2017, 19:53

Old regen was nerfed because all regen on ACUs was nerfed. Giving Cybran old regen while keeping all other ACUs at their current regen would be blatant imbal.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Farmsletje » 26 Jun 2017, 20:35

wouldn't really be imba, just a slight buff on cybran acu's right? Although i don't know how much it was nerfed
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Endranii » 26 Jun 2017, 21:57

Also forgot to point it out that Cybran is the only faction without a Gun+t2 upgrade path which rest of the faction get's even more hindering the cybran player in using his acu.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby FtXCommando » 26 Jun 2017, 22:01

Not really true as Aeon can't get range upgrade while going tech and range is far more important than fire rate.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 26 Jun 2017, 22:12

biass wrote:The issue with acu combat is that its all balanced around the same speed and changing the speed of one faction almost immediately breaks the balance

Im pretty sure stealth gave a little regen but i still fail to see how them having not a hp boost but other things is a "problem"

Yes, slightly upsetting that ACU combat balance was the idea behind the proposal :)
It was meant as an alternative to getting more HP.

I think some people view it as a problem because ACU pushes are really good on some maps. Cybrans have some difficulty doing that at T2.

This thread was originally meant for the balance forum as well btw, messed that up :/
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby Nepty » 26 Jun 2017, 23:21

OMG look at all these Cybran threads. WTF? You guys do know there's 3 other factions available...
I thought everyone had paper ACU's. Cybran's ACU is just wet paper, that's all. No big deal.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Next

Return to FAF Suggestions