Ping tab useless

Moderator: keyser

Ping tab useless

Postby Masyaka » 13 May 2017, 20:07

Never saw it displaying ping. Everyone is empety. Make an use for it already.

>Desync ratio (Put ratio on the guy who has lost those net packets)
>Stabilty (spikes, make a detect system some way)

Atleast cpu is no longer considered ping.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Re: Ping tab useless

Postby PhilipJFry » 14 May 2017, 09:36

ping is shown when it is over 500 which is the most important indicator for lag other than packet loss

unless you are willing to code the other stuff you did suggest you shouldn't expect them to get implemented within the next 10 years
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Masyaka » 15 May 2017, 12:58

PhilipJFry wrote:ping is shown when it is over 500 which is the most important indicator for lag other than packet loss

unless you are willing to code the other stuff you did suggest you shouldn't expect them to get implemented within the next 10 years

Biass has 2500 ping and doesnt lag.
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Postby biass » 15 May 2017, 13:59

Masyaka wrote:
PhilipJFry wrote:ping is shown when it is over 500 which is the most important indicator for lag other than packet loss

Biass has 2500 ping and doesnt lag.

Yes, i am the ping god of all Australians. I give endless ms ping to any that worship me

Spoiler: show
but rly i avg like 300=400 ping git educated pls little one
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby RocketRooster » 15 May 2017, 14:44

Sitting on the arse end of the world sucks. I'm surprised though that your ping is worse than mine (although I do have times when I just can't play at all).
RocketRooster

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: RocketRooster

Postby biass » 15 May 2017, 15:28

RocketRooster wrote:Sitting on the arse end of the world sucks. I'm surprised though that your ping is worse than mine (although I do have times when I just can't play at all).

I mean yeah, because the server is Amsterdam or wherever, only reason we can really play is because the game server only needs to update at 500ms as it is

When i played CS 100ms ping was just too much, when i started faf au to au ping (with good ol proxy) was 1000ms
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby BenDover » 15 May 2017, 16:38

http://imgur.com/a/UVoW4
couple hours of figuring out how lua works... All players share their pings with everyone so if anyone in the lobby has high ping to someone everyone immediately knows.
Also says if someone is not connected. Bar turns red if ping >450 or not connected. Only bug I noticed is the ping bars sometimes (after sitting in lobby for 20+ minutes) flicker but I doubt it's my fault since just editing the code just to show the bar has the same effect, I will try to fix if I have the time. If anyone has some suggestions they are welcome. Of course the toolbar text doesn't have to display every single ping it's for testing purposes, can be easily arranged to display only who has 450+.
BenDover

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Return to FAF Suggestions