Naval Transport

Moderator: keyser

Naval Transport

Postby partymarty81 » 23 Mar 2017, 22:14

Ever since I found this game just felt like it would make sense for each faction to have access to naval transport unit

I'm guessing this has been suggested in the last 100 years of FAF
partymarty81

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Re: Naval Transport

Postby zeroAPM » 24 Mar 2017, 12:35

Long story short: pathing issues with units in the same "layer" (if i recall correctly).
One way around this is to use a air unit with a transport hook (UEF Stinger gunship) and any air staging facility (Salem cruiser for Cybs, Fatboy for UEF) or a carrier (naval carriers, Atlantis, CZAR).

As such a workaround with invisible and untargetable drones could be possible in theory.

And now, am i the only one thinking of a Mongoose with sunglasses riding a Riptide swerving around enemy ships while firing it's guns?
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Re: Naval Transport

Postby partymarty81 » 24 Mar 2017, 14:39

zeroAPM wrote:Long story short: pathing issues with units in the same "layer" (if i recall correctly).
One way around this is to use a air unit with a transport hook (UEF Stinger gunship) and any air staging facility (Salem cruiser for Cybs, Fatboy for UEF) or a carrier (naval carriers, Atlantis, CZAR).

As such a workaround with invisible and untargetable drones could be possible in theory.

And now, am i the only one thinking of a Mongoose with sunglasses riding a Riptide swerving around enemy ships while firing it's guns?

I have visions of ariel drops as well as naval transport drops to move large number of land units across the sea, wreaking havoc on the enemy coastlines :D

Mongoose with sunglasses would be cool 8-)
partymarty81

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Return to FAF Suggestions