Reclaim Camera Zoom

Moderator: keyser

Reclaim Camera Zoom

Postby partymarty81 » 16 Feb 2017, 12:57

Apologies if there is a mod or something out there that does this..... How annoying is it to be zoomed out and then have to zoom in to the correct distance to set the manual reclaim.....

How possible/worthwhile is it so that when you select reclaim, the camera automatically zooms in, to the furthest distance out, so that you can just crack on with clicking away:D
partymarty81

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Re: Reclaim Camera Zoom

Postby ZLO_RD » 16 Feb 2017, 15:05

can probably be done by UI mod.
as soon as you click "reclaim" icon or press "e" camera will zoom to some set height (only if current height is higher)
(i am not modder so maybe it is not that simple)

what also is annoying, that you often can accidentally click on wrecks/trees with ACU when micro it
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby zachyattacky » 16 Feb 2017, 15:24

I've been looking for a way to zoom in to a specific level to gain a few moments not having to scroll in and out, or accidently scroll in too far and then back out a few clicks.
zachyattacky

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: zachyattacky

Postby partymarty81 » 16 Feb 2017, 17:58

zachyattacky wrote:I've been looking for a way to zoom in to a specific level to gain a few moments not having to scroll in and out, or accidently scroll in too far and then back out a few clicks.

the closest i have found is the ctrl TAB / shift TAB - from memory i think it lets you set preset camera positions, used it a couple of times for main base, expansions but it's not going to achieve what I was meaning
partymarty81

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Postby zachyattacky » 16 Feb 2017, 18:24

Yeah, I was thinking more of a 1 click zoom to mouse with cycle of an adjustable zoom levels, one on the highest point where you can still reclaim, one just a tad further out for move orders without accidently clicking on trees, then just have the mwheel extra sensitive to zoom out quick, while possibly limiting the zoom so you can't go "too far" out and see past the furthest edges of the map.

Add edit: It'd be nice to have the mwheel zoom in to cycle between those two zoom levels, and then just have the mwheel zoom out, then you could still use the spacebar (default) to free look for hills (for PD placement) etc. when you're on the reclaim zoom level.
zachyattacky

Postby Morax » 17 Feb 2017, 20:25

Search "LOD" in the mod vault and you will find a mod that has a distance you can set for props to show up in zoom states.

I will warn, however, that you need a VERY good PC to run it without a detrimental hit to your FPS. The game engine does not handle the drawing of props at extreme zooms well. I had to uninstall it and I'm running an i5-4690K @ 4.5 GHz with a GTX 1070 for reference.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby R_Charger » 17 Feb 2017, 23:30

Zachyattacky:
Get UI Party v11 which has fixed zoom pop. Assign it to a key and set the zoom pop distance in the interface options.....
R_Charger

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Reckless_Charger

Postby zachyattacky » 18 Feb 2017, 12:56

R_Charger wrote:Zachyattacky:
Get UI Party v11 which has fixed zoom pop. Assign it to a key and set the zoom pop distance in the interface options.....

That's actually what I'm using :D its getting me by for now,I just couldn't figure out how to get it to the mwheel
zachyattacky

Return to FAF Suggestions