Accessibility

Moderator: keyser

Re: Accessibility

Postby biass » 15 Jan 2017, 17:45

Its true currently, maybe around 1300 and under but i moved it up because some 1600s said they got some also, trueskill things

its impossible for me to fall under 1400 anymore because i can just farm 0 ratings (they count for a lot of points) until i get back up
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby PhilipJFry » 16 Jan 2017, 14:41

Since we already have a thread about accessibility i'll add some stuff that i'd like to be added to the game.
1. Proper descriptions of ACU upgrades such as UEF nano (how much hp/regen does it give) or the engineering suite (how much BP do you get from it)
2. Proper description for tac missile cost, strategic missile cost, strategic def missile cost and experimental missile cost.
3. Get rid of forum accounts and let people log in to the forum with their FAF acc
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 16 Jan 2017, 16:29

I added your ideas to the OP.

biass wrote:1: is that ladder games are already too hard to find as it is right now, like phillip said
and 2: is that 5x5 maps are normally more cancerous punishing for mistakes

It's not really about being more punishing for mistakes, it is about so much going on in the game and so much to learn that a smaller map doesn't seem as overwhelming. It's not really about loosing either, it is about the initial hill that may seem so steep to climb.

The idea is to get people to play ladder that currently don't because they feel overwhelmed, not to split people who are already interested in the 'real' ladder.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby KeyBlue » 16 Jan 2017, 16:55

SpoCk0nd0pe wrote:
biass wrote:1: is that ladder games are already too hard to find as it is right now, like phillip said
and 2: is that 5x5 maps are normally more cancerous punishing for mistakes

It's not really about being more punishing for mistakes, it is about so much going on in the game and so much to learn that a smaller map doesn't seem as overwhelming.

I think he means that a small advantage is easily snowballed on a 5x5. For example 5 more tanks due to better BO can win you the game, because they have an almost immediate effect. While having 5 more frigates early on setons won't be that big of an issue due to the long travel distance.
Also less map means less map to control, so every piece of map control you lose/gain has a bigger impact. For example losing 4 mexes when you only had 10 makes more difference then when you had 20+.

And if i remember correctly we have the current system of smaller ladder pool with rotation to allow new ladder players to only need small amount of bo's and knowledge about small amount of maps.

Please correct me if this is not the case.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 16 Jan 2017, 17:46

Doubting that smaller maps are more punishing for mistakes was never my intention, I fully agree with the logic. My point is that smaller maps feel like they are easier on your attention and may overwhelm new players less. Learn small, get bigger later.

I like the small ladder map pool as I'm very much a noob :)
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby KeyBlue » 16 Jan 2017, 19:40

Oh ok then i misunderstood you. Nevermind that comment then. :)

This punishing aspect can be quite annoying too though, as it can make you feel like you lost from the start and have no chance at all.
Well this can actually happen on all map sizes, so maybe not a really good reason against 5x5.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Previous

Return to FAF Suggestions