Change To The Restrictions Screen

Moderator: keyser

Re: Change To The Restrictions Screen

Postby Uveso » 11 Sep 2016, 08:04

Just a guess can you set the game to windowsmode and try this again ?
if you are running windows10, please try to run the game in windows7 mode.

Maybe its not the game itself.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby AaronD » 12 Sep 2016, 05:06

Uveso wrote:Just a guess can you set the game to windowsmode and try this again ?
if you are running windows10, please try to run the game in windows7 mode.

Maybe its not the game itself.

The game was already set to window mode, I changed it to full screen but that didn't work. The popup works for the units, I can see all the units details but it just doesn't work for the top bar.
AaronD
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: AaronD

Postby Hawkei » 12 Sep 2016, 06:27

AaronD wrote:...I find it difficult to add the same restrictions that I'm used to...

I do believe there is a button in lobby which allows the host to save the current game configuration as a preset. Which includes the map, team, victory condition, settings, mods, and unit restrictions.

For instance there is one particular setting which I like to play, which is T1 and T2 only, with Quantum gates and SCU's enabled. It is of course a lengthy process to set this up; but with a saved pre-set this is now a one click operation.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby JoonasTo » 15 Sep 2016, 12:29

Too bad you can't save presets at the moment. Creating a preset crashes the game.
Bug with the new patch.
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby CookieNoob » 15 Sep 2016, 12:52

JoonasTo wrote:Too bad you can't save presets at the moment. Creating a preset crashes the game.
Bug Feature with the new patch.
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

Postby HUSSAR » 26 Dec 2016, 23:34

AaronD wrote: ... The popup works for the units, I can see all the units details but it just doesn't work for the top bar.

That's interesting because the top bar shows tooltips using default mechanism for creating popup/tooltips and unit icons use custom tooltips that are always showing up. I was able to reproduce your issue with missing tooltips for the top restrictions by renaming Game.prefs file that is located in:
C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\

and then starting the game again. This causes to create a new file with default game preferences which has tooltips turned off.

So you need to do the following:
1. Start FA game
2. Go to Menu - Options - Interface tab
3. Find option: Display Tooltips
4. Select On in the combo-box
5. Click the Apply button and then OK button
6. Close the game
7. Verify that tooltips are showing up on the top restrictions in Units Manager

If you still have the same issue then tell me what is your localization/language of the FA game?
Menu - Options - Interface tab - Language
FAF Feature - Unit Restriction Manager
HUSSAR

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 59 times
FAF User Name: HUSSAR

Postby codepants » 30 Dec 2016, 18:07

HUSSAR wrote:Well, everyone should know what these icons represent since most of them are also used in the game. Thrust me when I say that you should learn these icons if you want to be a good player.

Are they? Because I've been playing three years and I don't recognize them (I do recognize units by icon when in-game). Are they colored different or are they literally the exact same image?

I think the real problem is information overload. There's what, 100 icons? Yet I'm betting 90% of the time people go to unit restrictions they want to do one of the following:
- Turn off air
- Turn off navy
- Turn off a game ender

Can we have just those icons and then expandable menus for the rest? So the 90% of the time people want to do one of the above it's super easy to find, and then if they want to restrict a particular unit they can expand, for instance, the faction menu for the faction containing the unit they want to ban? I think it's worth the extra click or two if it's that much easier to use.
codepants
Priest

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: codepants

Previous

Return to FAF Suggestions