Softles Appreciation Thread + Suggestions

Moderator: keyser

Re: Softles Appreciation Thread + Suggestions

Postby Softly » 26 Jun 2016, 21:05

Thanks for the suggestions,
PhilipJFry wrote:[give] us the option to make foed player quack in aeolus.

I can do that :)

Myxir wrote:make the leaderboard tab show the ladder ratings by default rather than scout division
if that does not fix the loading time, please find an elegant way to fix that too <3

I can probably do that too

Blodir wrote:Remove "win ratio" from the leaderboards since its not working, and probs not gonna work any time soon

The client just gives a web view on this, so really you need to edit the website for this one.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby Softly » 27 Jun 2016, 00:29

So I looked into the leaderboards tab code and, apart from it being really depressing, I was able to make it so that ladder ratings tab comes up first.

The one UI issue that would need resolving is that it no longer tells you your division on startup. If you'd like to tell me your solution to this Washy then I'll write some more code and make a PR.

I'll also get around to doing Philip's suggestion on quacking.

Apart from that I've decided that writing code for the client is useless right now, so I'm going to stop taking suggestions for it. I'm still happy to help people out elsewhere (e.g. UI mods), so feel free to continue posting suggestions.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby Viba » 27 Jun 2016, 02:09

Would it be possible to make an UI mod that counts the amount of reclaim in a certain area? Like with the selection cost UI mod, just for wrecks?
Viba
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: !smurfcheck Viba

Postby nine2 » 27 Jun 2016, 04:55

Yup that's should be possible viba and that's a sweet idea
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby nocaps » 27 Jun 2016, 05:05

Viba wrote:Would it be possible to make an UI mod that counts the amount of reclaim in a certain area? Like with the selection cost UI mod, just for wrecks?

this was briefly going to be included as the shift/ctrl display in 3652. it was removed when it was discovered how absolutely terrible it was. probably would be a lot better with manual selection, and you could just copy a lot of the old code
nocaps

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: nocaps

Postby PhilipJFry » 28 Jun 2016, 19:30

The download button in the map vault is fairly easy to miss.
If we had a download option in the context menu when pressing the right mouse button that would be great.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby PhilipJFry » 29 Jun 2016, 15:24

LichKing2033 wrote:Arguable. Viba's idea seems to me to be of more use.

You're right how stupid of me.
Softles please don't even consider what i suggested.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby TheKoopa » 29 Jun 2016, 22:54

Cleaned up irrelevant posts. Stay on topic.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Heaven » 08 Jul 2016, 16:23

A move-patrol command would be amazing. Patrol works like "attack patrol", which means when enemy units are in gun range, the patrolling units stop (or engage) to shoot. "Move patrol" would give moving priority over attacking, so that the units don't stop or engage but keep moving, and only shoot if enemy units enter the gun range. Units with engineering or reclaim capabilities would NOT assist, repair or reclaim when set to move-patrol.

Why?
1) Dodgemicro against bombers, hoplites etc. could be properly queued up.
2) MML vs MML battles would be less annoying, since it's common to let MML run sideways back-and-forth when it's being shot at by other MML to minimize received fire.

The situation without move-patrol is bad because there is currently no way to make units reliably move forever without babysitting them.
Heaven

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 135 times
FAF User Name: Heaven

Postby CookieNoob » 09 Jul 2016, 13:06

Heaven wrote:A move-patrol command would be amazing. Patrol works like "attack patrol", which means when enemy units are in gun range, the patrolling units stop (or engage) to shoot. "Move patrol" would give moving priority over attacking, so that the units don't stop or engage but keep moving, and only shoot if enemy units enter the gun range. Units with engineering or reclaim capabilities would NOT assist, repair or reclaim when set to move-patrol.

Why?
1) Dodgemicro against bombers, hoplites etc. could be properly queued up.
2) MML vs MML battles would be less annoying, since it's common to let MML run sideways back-and-forth when it's being shot at by other MML to minimize received fire.

The situation without move-patrol is bad because there is currently no way to make units reliably move forever without babysitting them.

thats a really good idea... it would help with this frigate vs hover arty annoyance too. A combination between both patrol types would be best: Normal patrol for air units and the "move patrol" for land and sea.
Check out the next level of maps: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13014
For adaptivity, customizability and less clutter in the vault.
CookieNoob
Priest

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 249 times
FAF User Name: CookieNoob

PreviousNext

Return to FAF Suggestions