Load time bar

Load time bar

Postby Farmsletje » 17 Jul 2018, 16:41

Units with a long load time have a timer shown below them.

Because a lot of units are very stupid and won't attack the target you want them to you can use this to micro units without having them waste 1600 damage shots on t1 engies.

It would be very nice if there was an ingame option to choose which units would have those bars because it will be very helpfull to have that for a lot of units (t1 bomber, t2 bomber, strat, percy, sniper boats, neptune, aeon destro, non uef battleships, etc).

Edit:

Might as well add some more things i'd like to see added.

- In the interface options there's an option called "Force Render Enemy Lifebars" which can only be turned on or off. The main reason for this function is so that you can specifically target weaker damaged units but that's why in other strategy games there is usually an option like "show damaged units only". To make it even better (but more work kappa) a slider could be added (1 to 100) to set the % amount of hp left on units before you want to let the lifebar be visible.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Evaluator

Has liked: 254 times
Been liked: 338 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Re: Load time bar

Postby Farmsletje » 22 Jul 2018, 22:01

When you queue move commands to dodge incoming shots you sometimes accidentally click too close on a place where you already placed a move order which will trigger "patrol initiated". This will change every single move order in a patrol order which means your unit(s) will stop moving at the next patrol point until every enemy unit in range is defeated, which is the total opposite of what you wanted to achieve with the move orders. This function has never helped me in anyway since i can just use the patrol option to achieve the exact same result, and has been a pain in the ass for having to redo move commands over and over again.

So what i'd like to see is an option to disable this "patrol initiated" from happening.
FtXCommando wrote:
Farmsletje
Evaluator

Postby Farmsletje » 10 Aug 2018, 00:59

When you add factories in a control group any units build by said factory will automatically be added to that control group. When you select the control group it will only select the units build by the factory and NOT the factory itself. This can have some upsides, for example: 3 factories for 3 lanes with 3 control groups where units will automatically get added, but can also have serious downsides: Can't change the build queue because it's impossible to select facs while using control groups and can't change the rally point of your facs because of the same reason.

So i'd like to have an option to stop this from happening.
FtXCommando wrote:
Farmsletje
Evaluator

Postby speed2 » 10 Aug 2018, 07:24

Isnt there some shortcut to select only the factories from a control group? I think I saw smth like that in there.
speed2
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 997 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Anihilnine » 10 Aug 2018, 09:26

yeah like one of the control-alt-shift combinations just selects factories within group
Anihilnine

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 368 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Return to FAF Suggestions