Supreme PostProcess

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Supreme PostProcess

Postby Zeldafanboy » 15 Oct 2015, 18:36

Wileman wrote:I made a preset with a washed out vintage sci fi look. Though it only really has this look in desert maps which is kind of nice actually since it adds a nice character to them. The heat haze shader from reshade works really well here.

This is what it looks like in temperate conditions, the colours are actually a lot more natural than vanilla I think in this case.

With ingame bloom on - looks better but sand is overbearing at times.

Off

Heres the look of my settings so far trying to compromise between bright and darker maps while keeping the cinematic look and slightly cartoony look.

I'm still having problems with toning down the bloom even with the bloom toggled off in game. I think its the battlefeel mod im using which has harsher bloom, its nice at times but its hard to get a consistent preset made for all conditions because of it.

If anyones looking to give reshade a go without dramatically altering the games look, just enable lumasharpen, adaptive sharpen, heat haze, some gaussian blur and reflective bump mapping. It makes everything stand out and blend together nicely at the same time. Emboss is good as well for bringing out detail if used subtly.

For darker, more cinematic colours use filmic pass, hdr and curves. The tonemap exposure setting controls the overall brightness if that needs changed afterwards.

Does anyone here know where settings like the ingame bloom rendering are stored and if they are tweakable? Or maybe something about modifying textures so i could make the sand textures a little less bright so they trigger less bloom?

That looks literally amazing- I do feel like Supcom looks better in more barren places like tundra, ocean, or desert than more temperate locations that are forested. How do I make my game look like that? And what's your performance like?

I'd also like to see a preset for more tropical maps like Paradise. Something that makes the colors more saturated-- the foliage should be green and full and lush, the soil red, and the ocean a pale azure.

Edit: That smoke on the nuke launch and AA looks really good too, is that a seperate mod or not? Also, that second set of pictures looks really similar to the SupCom 1 title screen-- sort of a washed out sepia tone.
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Postby d-_-b » 25 Oct 2015, 20:09

If you use reshade, and search the forums for a "highpass sharpening/contrast enhancement" shader, it will help restore the sharpness to the image here without producing that weird oversharpened feel normal unsharp mask shaders do.

I also find that contrast enhancement does help with revealing small land contours on otherwise monotone maps like say, wonder... i can see the little hills with it for placing PDs well.

Also, if you want to get AO/IL going, (not that it will be particularily effective on FA since the units are so small, maybe itd look good zoomed all the way in for cinematic shots like) but, the depth buffer is inverted. Any normal AO shader will work if you just access depth(x,-y) instead of depth(x,y) :)

I'll have to get some screenshots. I use reshade with mastereffect and a couple of others myself :D
d-_-b

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: d-_-b

Postby Nickaye » 26 Oct 2015, 06:43

How do I delete this from my game? It lags my game so I'm gonna delete it. But whenever I try to delete the files, it always comes back whenever I startup a new game. :L
Nickaye
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Nickaye

Postby d-_-b » 26 Oct 2015, 21:58

you must remove or rename the d3d9.dll from "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin"
d-_-b

Postby Nickaye » 27 Oct 2015, 04:12

d-_-b wrote:you must remove or rename the d3d9.dll from "C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin"

I removed it, deleted it, and renamed it. It keeps coming back.
Nickaye
Crusader

Postby d-_-b » 28 Oct 2015, 19:15

did you install it into your normal FA path also?
when faf starts i believe it copies the contents of the bin folder to programdata.

if you installed reshade in the game folder, and deleted it only from programdata it will be copied back every time by faf when it launches.
d-_-b

Postby Nickaye » 12 Nov 2015, 02:20

Wileman wrote:I made a preset with a washed out vintage sci fi look. Though it only really has this look in desert maps which is kind of nice actually since it adds a nice character to them. The heat haze shader from reshade works really well here.

This is what it looks like in temperate conditions, the colours are actually a lot more natural than vanilla I think in this case.

With ingame bloom on - looks better but sand is overbearing at times.

Off

Heres the look of my settings so far trying to compromise between bright and darker maps while keeping the cinematic look and slightly cartoony look.

I'm still having problems with toning down the bloom even with the bloom toggled off in game. I think its the battlefeel mod im using which has harsher bloom, its nice at times but its hard to get a consistent preset made for all conditions because of it.

If anyones looking to give reshade a go without dramatically altering the games look, just enable lumasharpen, adaptive sharpen, heat haze, some gaussian blur and reflective bump mapping. It makes everything stand out and blend together nicely at the same time. Emboss is good as well for bringing out detail if used subtly.

For darker, more cinematic colours use filmic pass, hdr and curves. The tonemap exposure setting controls the overall brightness if that needs changed afterwards.

Does anyone here know where settings like the ingame bloom rendering are stored and if they are tweakable? Or maybe something about modifying textures so i could make the sand textures a little less bright so they trigger less bloom?

download?
Nickaye
Crusader

Postby zhoujy18 » 19 Oct 2019, 04:00

Hey,i can not download from the link,can someone re-post th file again?Thx :D
zhoujy18
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Zhoujy

Postby Rowey » 19 Oct 2019, 09:53

I'm pretty sure this is dead an not compatible with the game version today as this post was back In 2015
Rowey
Contributor

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 71 times
FAF User Name: Rowey

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools