Have you got a sweet UI mod idea?

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Have you got a sweet UI mod idea?

Postby nine2 » 16 Apr 2015, 14:39

what about attack-split for engies... build split. with location awareness so they build what is close.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby madformuse » 16 Apr 2015, 15:07

That would be amazing, do it now :-)

I'm sure I've seen Zock ask for this before.
madformuse

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: madformuse

Postby dstojkov » 16 Apr 2015, 16:26

partytime wrote:
SAKO_X wrote:jamming much better by using a ui mod which toggles it off and then on again every 10 seconds, causing the blips to refresh

in my opinion that is crossing the line, so I won't be making that. however you could have a hotkey to select all jamming units so you manually do it easilier

Actually I reworked the jamming in my FA_UNLEASHED mod, not only what you asked for is there but for every refresh your unit even if they were scouted they come back as unseen.

Not to mention the jamming crytal that i added to the sera ;)

I think I even found a way to make as unseen again the buildings that have been scouted though i need to test it first ...This feature need to be added to the stealth too.

Regards
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Saxxon » 17 Apr 2015, 03:13

Ally Engineer request. Very frequently in team games, you share engineers to get some key techs your faction doesn't have. IE, as Aeon you might want a Cybran or UEF engy just for the engineering structures that will automatically repair or assist in their radius. This is somewhat superior to a bunch of T1 engineers you'd have to task to repair in that fashion and far less cluttering of the base. Conversely, Eye of Rhianne is a huge boon, reason enough to grab an Aeon engy later in the game.
Saxxon

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Saxxon

Postby nine2 » 17 Apr 2015, 06:08

Understand you want engies from other factions. What is the mod idea though? You push a button and it asks for you? In which case, no :)
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby ZeRen » 17 Apr 2015, 16:04

Saxxon wrote:Ally Engineer request. Very frequently in team games, you share engineers to get some key techs your faction doesn't have. IE, as Aeon you might want a Cybran or UEF engy just for the engineering structures that will automatically repair or assist in their radius. This is somewhat superior to a bunch of T1 engineers you'd have to task to repair in that fashion and far less cluttering of the base. Conversely, Eye of Rhianne is a huge boon, reason enough to grab an Aeon engy later in the game.

better would be if you could capture ally engi, but only T1 engi,

sry but it is waste of coder's time, you can use chat or ping
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby nine2 » 19 Apr 2015, 10:46

i think i will try and make a transport load button. you select some units and some transports and hit the button and they go in.

not quite sure how to do it exactly... transports could fit different combinations of units and you might end up with all your mantis in one and your bricks in an other but maybe we should have a mixture.

probably I will take the selected units and order them by mass value descending and then try and load them into transports one by one. that would probably work nice.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Postby ZeRen » 19 Apr 2015, 16:42

partytime wrote:i think i will try and make a transport load button. you select some units and some transports and hit the button and they go in.

not quite sure how to do it exactly... transports could fit different combinations of units and you might end up with all your mantis in one and your bricks in an other but maybe we should have a mixture.

probably I will take the selected units and order them by mass value descending and then try and load them into transports one by one. that would probably work nice.

I think it would be usefull if units would start loading into all trasports in same time, now there are problems when you want trasport more units with more trasport:

1)manualy: you select units and shift+RMB clicks on several trasports, it is slow, becouse you loading one tratsport at the time
2) by ferry: this is faster, but you cant make those trasports to unload units at same time
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby ZeRen » 19 Apr 2015, 16:47

"lock minimap" shortcut

it is annoying when I accidentaly change size of minimap, or zoom it

it would be cool to have shortcut, you just resize your minimap as you like zoom where you want then hit shortcut and done now you can't change size of minimap or zoom minimap

all so when minimap is locked, could be possible to zoom main view through minimap
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby Myxir » 25 Apr 2015, 13:32

new idea:

seperating the unit icons in the builder bar when having a selection
example seperation:
[t4 land | t3 land | t2 land | t1 land | t4 air | ...]

by seperating i mean having it like the list of buildable units for engies (except for the tech switch at the top):
[production buildings | eco buildings | defense buildings | offense+misc buildings | intel buildings]
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools