Othuum Siege Tank /w Chain-Lightning

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Othuum Siege Tank /w Chain-Lightning

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 06 Mar 2015, 02:59

It looks cool. But does the Othuum really need an anti spam buff? I thought they are kind of good at that already and mostly needed a buff vs t3.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 06 Mar 2015, 11:19

SpoCk0nd0pe wrote:It looks cool. But does the Othuum really need an anti spam buff? I thought they are kind of good at that already and mostly needed a buff vs t3.

True, I don't see the point of making it better against (many) low HP units either.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Postby ZeRen » 06 Mar 2015, 17:03

what about make main cannon fire in angle between direct fire and t1 arty, with same range as brick/persi,good splash , with nice dmg against building?....you know siege tank :)
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby IceDreamer » 07 Mar 2015, 15:16

SpoCk0nd0pe wrote:It looks cool. But does the Othuum really need an anti spam buff? I thought they are kind of good at that already and mostly needed a buff vs t3.

It's the "It looks cool" part I was going for here. The numbers and balance are 110% customisable, so we can have the arcing keep the same DPS, or amplify it. We can have it bias towards other T3, or at T1. We can have it seek out low HP units, which will make large numbers of Othuums fantastic against Percivals.

Additionally, since 100 DPS from the side cannons has been moved to the main turret, and because of the way the damage splits, this version of the tank is actually WEAKER against pure T1 hordes in my testing, though only by a couple of tanks. Again, this can be easily adjusted around.

I just wanted people to be able to see how well the lightning fits the unit aesthetically. If a lot of people like it, we can use it and figure out good balance from there! :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools