Proposed Seraphim Unit for FAF V1.2

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Proposed Seraphim Unit for FAF V1.2

Postby Resin_Smoker » 08 Mar 2015, 21:43

Anyone have feedback on version 1.2 ?
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby Saxxon » 09 Mar 2015, 06:45

I am not against adding new units, ie so that you can have much of what is in various mods in the main game as an option. IE, they are selectable in the restricted menu, or in this case enabled via the menu. Thus, default games would be much of what FA was, but it can easily be made into updated and improved version.

As for making a new game, sure, you got $5 mill or so?
Saxxon

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Saxxon

Postby Resin_Smoker » 09 Mar 2015, 07:47

Saxxon wrote:I am not against adding new units, ie so that you can have much of what is in various mods in the main game as an option. IE, they are selectable in the restricted menu, or in this case enabled via the menu. Thus, default games would be much of what FA was, but it can easily be made into updated and improved version.

How about you stick to the f'n question!
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby zeroAPM » 09 Mar 2015, 22:56

Saxxon wrote:

You are not welcome here, EA.
We already know you'll spend everyting on marketing anyway.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Resin_Smoker » 10 Mar 2015, 15:45

zeroAPM wrote:
Saxxon wrote:

You are not welcome here, EA.
We already know you'll spend everyting on marketing anyway.

Either stay on topic or post else where.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Kalvirox » 10 Mar 2015, 16:21

See. Uef/Cybran has many units that are not used for various reasons. I.e, they are crap. Every unit sera has is good other than the FB and Othuum. Fix those before you start adding more units please. I don't mind change so long as it is for a reason. Change for the sake of change I am strongly opposed to
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby Resin_Smoker » 10 Mar 2015, 17:44

Kalvirox wrote:See. Uef/Cybran has many units that are not used for various reasons. I.e, they are crap. Every unit sera has is good other than the FB and Othuum. Fix those before you start adding more units please. I don't mind change so long as it is for a reason. Change for the sake of change I am strongly opposed to

Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Kalvirox » 10 Mar 2015, 18:18

Fix those before you start adding more units please.

I am.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Postby Resin_Smoker » 10 Mar 2015, 18:28

Kalvirox wrote:

Fix those before you start adding more units please.

I am.

I have several pages of responses just like yours. How about either start providing serious feedback or STFU please and go back to troll land.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby Kalvirox » 10 Mar 2015, 18:54

Ok. Serious feedback.
"Transforming" is new. We like new things. Does the game need it, probably not. The idea for this unit is hit and do lots of damage yes? Tranforming allows for it to escape easily enough whilst still getting in. Why is this better than drops ect.? More tanky than a transport.... and that is about it. This is not what Sera "needs" right now. Sera harass is fine, drops work well even if they are zthuee they do fucktonnes of damage. Same with ilshies. This unit is not needed. Funnily enough Yhtota's are good against things that don't move - for sniping power ect. The whole "hit and run" dynamic does not need to be added too. The things that do are the balance between Othuums and other t3 land (maybe except harbies because they operate differently). Fix that and sera is fine.

So feedback. Even if you added this unit. The way you intend for it to be used has already accomplished by other methods. I feel it is rather redundant when there are other things that need fixing. As a sidenote, I think people would end up using this unit for another purpose. Sniping t2/t3 shield generators with shield piercing missiles. 400 damage 1shot's a t2 Shield gen. So it seems far more efficient to use it that way.

EDIT: maybe we can kill 2 birds with one stone? If you give it a bit more speed as a plane, then it could be a gunship/tank. Gunship good at killing tanks, tank good at killing buildings? You could then keep the transform idea (even though I am not a fan of it). This would balance Othuums ect?
Kalvirox
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools