Modern War Mod error?

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Modern War Mod error?

Postby bofhlusr » 17 Feb 2015, 20:19

I don't remember installing any Modern War Mod although I might have seen it as a mod in the download vault but all of a sudden I'm getting these warning messages which weren't there a few days ago in FA.

INFO: Hooked /lua/ui/game/tooltip.lua with /schook/lua/ui/game/tooltip.lua
WARNING: Problem loading /mods/modern_war_mod/mod_info.lua:
WARNING: ...der forged alliance\mods\modern_war_mod\mod_info.lua(3): attempt to perform arithmetic on global `pre' (a nil value)
WARNING: stack traceback:
WARNING: ...der forged alliance\mods\modern_war_mod\mod_info.lua(3): in main chunk
WARNING: [C]: in function `doscript'
WARNING: [C]: in function `pcall'
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\mods.lua(240): in function <d:\sfa\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\mods.lua:225>
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\mods.lua(262): in function `AllMods'
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\mods.lua(315): in function <d:\sfa\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\mods.lua:310>
WARNING: (tail call): ?
WARNING: (tail call): ?
WARNING: ...medata\03_lobbyenhancement.scd\lua\enhancedlobby.lua(332): in function `GetCustomTooltips'
WARNING: ...medata\03_lobbyenhancement.scd\lua\ui\aitooltips.lua(1): in main chunk
WARNING: ...
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\menus\main.lua(13): in main chunk
WARNING: [C]: in function `pcall'
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(48): in function `import'
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\mohodata.scd\lua\system\import.lua(37): in function `import'
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\uimain.lua(59): in function <d:\sfa\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\uimain.lua:46>
WARNING: [C]: in function `EngineStartFrontEndUI'
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\splash\splash.lua(51): in function <d:\sfa\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\splash\splash.lua:48>
WARNING: d:\sfa\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\splash\splash.lua(68): in function <d:\sfa\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ui\splash\splash.lua:55>
INFO: Hooked /lua/ui/maputil.lua with /schook/lua/ui/maputil.lua

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of it? Thanks.
bofhlusr
Crusader

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: faforever

Re: Modern War Mod error?

Postby Resin_Smoker » 18 Feb 2015, 00:31

Disable your mods one at a time to see which is the offending mod. Odds are you downloaded the mod when joining a multiplayer match and it's not been disabled.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby bofhlusr » 18 Feb 2015, 07:26

I disabled everything. Still the same problem! :-(.
bofhlusr
Crusader

Postby Resin_Smoker » 18 Feb 2015, 20:43

Just a thought but you could have a corrupted FAF install.

Try running FA (not FAF) from the games default folder by using the exe file. If the game runs a skirmish without issue then I'd say to delete and reinstall your FAF files.

Resin
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby bofhlusr » 21 Feb 2015, 00:44

I could have sworn I already posted how I resolved this error.

Here's what I did to solve the problem. I've always installed FA on D: and my mods are on D: also. As suggested, I disabled all my mods in the game. This didn't resolve the problem. I did some more investigating and found out that there is another mod directory in C:\users\...\mods(!!). The mod was lurking in that C: drive. I checked the mod_info.lua of the mod and noted that the file contained a line, 'Version = pre alpha' (or something like it - why the author made such a careless mistake is hard to understand). That was what was causing the error. I changed that line to Version = .1. In other words, from a string to numeric value. Problem solved. I hope this helps someone else.

Mod has great units though except that some units are incomplete. Well, that's why it's called pre-alpha I guess. There are nice Russian tanks, US tanks, and airplanes from both sides. Notable ones are the A-10, the M1 tank, the T-90 tank, the US stealth planes, etc. Let's encourage the author to complete the work. It's different and worth it.
bofhlusr
Crusader

Return to Mods & Tools