[REL] TA Legacy Tactical Unit Physics

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

[REL] TA Legacy Tactical Unit Physics

Postby A_vehicle » 17 Aug 2014, 08:52

The TA Legacy Tactical Unit Physics mod changes units to move more realistically. This is to make the difference between attacking with bots and attacking with hover units a bit more important. Examples:

Units:
Bots are more agile than tanks, and also reach their top speeds faster.
Tanks and wheeled vehicles have higher top speeds than equivalent bot units, but are less agile. They can also drift Fast and Furious style.
Hover units are faster than equivalent tank, wheeled, or bot units, however they take a little longer to break from their top speed and are slightly less agile.
Larger ships take longer to reach their top speed than small ones.
Aircraft will dive on targets at a lower altitude than them:
-Bombers dive bomb their targets removed in V3, caused carpet bombers to miss too often, will fix eventually.
-Fighters dogfight more realistically (they won't do yoyos or fancy stuff, but at least they dive now) and will dive on and strafe parked planes
-Gunships don't dive,but will reduce their altitude slightly when engaging targets removed in V3.
-New in V3: They now also bank more to maneuver like helicopters
-Czar and Novax don't dive, for obvious reasons (LOL)
--AS SEEN IN VANILLA! Aircraft have box shaped hitboxes instead of sphere ones. Certain aircraft benefit more from this than others (airscouts, being the smallest aircraft, are now the hardest T1 aircraft to hit). Now the only shots that hit air units are the ones that actually look like they hit them!
P.S. Feel free ( :D) to copy the code that does this to aircraft hitboxes for use in the Vanilla mod, because it is kinda lame to play that mod with aircraft that aren't shaped like Vanilla aircraft :) .

Weapons:
Heavy turrets turn more slowly than light ones.
Turrets turn faster if they were designed to counter faster targets:
-Antimissile turrets have the fastest tracking
-AA turrets have next fastest tracking
-Direct fire, followed by artillery turrets
-Torpedo turrets turn the most slowly
-New in V3: Directfire naval weapons will cause the ship firing them to rock in the water if the weapon has recoil.
Available in the vault!

If you have any ideas and suggestions, please post!
Last edited by A_vehicle on 21 Oct 2014, 21:06, edited 4 times in total.
Typical Voodoo Edition Map Dialog:
Master_lee wrote:Varaxis ist loser vote all my maps 1 !!! he cant make maps noob go home !!!!!!

Padfoot141 wrote:Terrible map. Spawn with 6 commanders and there are civillians with fatboys.

Master_lee wrote:Padfoot141 go home loser ! go play thermo !
A_vehicle

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: A_vehicle

Re: [REL] TA Legacy Tactical Unit Physics

Postby Wakke » 21 Aug 2014, 21:52

Can you post a youtube vid?
Wakke

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby A_vehicle » 22 Aug 2014, 01:21

The mod doesn't have any viruses, its not an .scd mod, so it's perfectly safe to download. If I posted a video of it, it would just be units driving around.

Downloading it is the best way to check it out.
Master_lee wrote:Varaxis ist loser vote all my maps 1 !!! he cant make maps noob go home !!!!!!

Padfoot141 wrote:Terrible map. Spawn with 6 commanders and there are civillians with fatboys.

A_vehicle

Postby Lionhardt » 28 Aug 2014, 00:59

And giving people a preview is the best way to make them download it.
Help me make better maps for all of us, visit my Mapping Thread.

Maps needing gameplay feedback:
Spoiler: show
[list updated last: 31.1.2018]

(maps available in the vault)

- Hexagonian Drylands
- Fervent Soil and Torrid Suns

YouTube Channel
Lionhardt
Contributor

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 144 times
FAF User Name: Lionhardt

Postby A_vehicle » 09 Sep 2014, 20:25

I am so sorry! I've been gone a while with school starting back up and all, and didn't realize it wasn't showing in the vault.

Also, the mod has been updated to make turrets on mobile units move more realistically. Now if you make a surprise attack on a tank formation's flank, the time it takes the tanks' turrets to turn and face the surprise will be significant enough to actually notice. Heavy weapons turn more slowly than light weapons, and the aeon mobile light arty can now turn its turret in any direction instead of just to the front. Next update will include static turrets as well.

Again, this isn't a total conversion or anything, it's a relatively simple mod. It is simple enough for all involved to just download and test it. If you really don't like it, just delete the folder from your mods folder. Also, unlike super modders like The Domino, I don't have a lot of experience with youtube :S .
Preview now available in the vault.

Edit: Am I the only person who can't see the mod in the vault?

A_vehicle

Return to Mods & Tools