Are these Mods possible?

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Are these Mods possible?

Postby Crazy Cossack » 11 Jul 2014, 03:21

I am in the process of learning Lua and where all the blueprints and scripts are that I might need to work on. In addition to making basic blueprint changes for my mod (the easy part), I can't stop my mind racing on to broader ideas that I want to implement. I would be interested to know if people think the following ideas are scriptable or not. After, all stuff in the executable is inacceasible, at least to modders like me.

1. I want to give factories and some capital units (like T4 and some heavy T3 navy) an inflation cost. That is to say after the first factory, each new factory will have an inflation cost. This inflation rate could be quite high say 100% (doubling) or more. The reason for this is to push the game growth model from exponential back to linear. I have my theoretical reasons for doing this. I will explain them if anyone wonders about the theory of it. Ordinary T1 to T3 mobile units will not inflate in cost. PD might inflate in cost.

2. I want to make it necessary for mass and energy to be piped to factories. That is to say factories must be connected directly to resource production, or by "pipes" of connected mass extractors or energy makers or by actual "pipes" or "conduits". Conduits will be a new above-ground fixed structure which can pipe mass and energy to factories. The ACU, SACU and engies will be considered special cases and will build, as now, without conduits.

3. I want to create more resource categories for the game. Stadard Mexes will produce "base metals" and "rare metals". However, different mex types and upgrades will allow mexes to speciliase in one or the other or even in fission materials. So a home base might have 3 mexes producing base metals and one producing rare metals. Units, whether basic or advanced will need differinf proportions. Hydrocarbons and vegetation will provide carbon compounds ( a third resource) mainly for fuels. Energy makers will provide energy but they will be solar, wind, tidal fission and fusion. Rocks will provide only rock for berms etc. not metal or mass.

So I envisage a resource system of;

(a) base metals;
(b) rare metals;
(c) fissile metals;
(d) carbon compounds;
(e) rock for berms, concrete and dragons teeth;
(e) energy;
(g) Hydrogen for fusion from water (via electrolysis).

Thus a much more complex resource and cost system but it might work more on a stock than a flow model.

Is this possible or could the engine not account for more resources? That is to say, would scripts alone be unable to implement this?
Crazy Cossack

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Crazy_Cossack

Re: Are these Mods possible?

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 13 Jul 2014, 22:50

I have no idea how coding work, try it 3time whitotu significant progres from zero.

But on gameplay :

1. hmmm hard to say, would be wery hard to rebalance all what price can get up after time, and what not... When you take inflation on fabric then ppl would build only one fabric, when it would be link on units cap, it is better but styll we would see only experimentals and not others units. that is not a solution. Make it link with mass income As average mass income in this time on this game is 100 player X have 150 = get price of units by with inflation rise +50% easy and simply. But on my opinion it doesnt help gameplay, but as a mod it would be funny, some swift winds.

2. when you mean it as isolate total reasourc sourse and get it individual for all fabric As on thi fabric is building -8 mass - 60e you must be linked for this source. If yes then allow them build when dont have enought only sllow proces of building by same % as fabric dont have.
What would be nice on normal game would be if this pipe would exist on normal game too, and get adjustency discount on building = posible link more building as is on map (but then get back adjustency discoutn number as was in deep past)

3. this is bad solutuion, and it would not work, supcom is very fast game, and imagin what happends when you would not have one from 7 reasurse and cant build units what you need on that time..

GL and hope you will have sukces i would like to try that mode.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby IceDreamer » 13 Jul 2014, 23:10

1: Yes
2: Yes, but it would be inelegant
3: No
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Domino » 17 Aug 2014, 09:35

Hey,

setting up and making/using new resources is actually quite easy. Its something i always wanted to do, add Black matter for Exp units, where by you need black matter to build and power the exp units.
Domino
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby rockoe10 » 17 Aug 2014, 17:19

I'm curious if you have gotten anywhere on these mods yet. The first option interests me allot. I have friends who enjoy making "castle" and that is the only way I can get them to play. So I would like to make defensive structures cheap at first (make them happy) but increase their cost as more are built as to prevent their base from becoming impenetrable

Edit: maybe even the cost only takes into account other defenses within its own attack range. There by allowing multiple outposts to be constructed, but reduces the amount in one location
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Return to Mods & Tools