IceDreamer Tweak Pack

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: IceDreamer Tweak Pack

Postby IceDreamer » 04 Apr 2014, 19:51

Regarding Janus mate, not a clue. Download the mod and try it out!
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby IceDreamer » 05 Apr 2014, 19:54

V2 of this mod will be released soon.

Changes:

Megalith change removed entirely - Error was quite correct, it causes units to be more expensive than they should be. The Eggs will have to wait for another day.

T3 Cybran Artillery change removed entirely - The poll, and my chatting, have showed overwhelmingly clear opinion. Yes, it's strong, but it's not OP and doesn't need changing. It is part of the things which make up for Cybran's extremely poor shielding.

Resin_Smoker's latest Bomber changes integrated. Personally I'm not so sure about these. In my testing, the Bombers behave better than aver before one second, then they fail to drop 9 times in a row. It's really very very odd, and I need way more people to try them out :/

Lobo - Camera changed to be a bit smaller but much longer lasting, which will be more handy in medium-size battles.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby rockoe10 » 05 Apr 2014, 20:02

Quick point about aurora's strength and weaknesses. This shows a player using them correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ayiA#t=908

They are slow to the fight, but with micro will win an evenly numbered fight.

IceDreamer wrote:Resin_Smoker's latest Bomber changes integrated. Personally I'm not so sure about these. In my testing, the Bombers behave better than aver before one second, then they fail to drop 9 times in a row. It's really very very odd, and I need way more people to try them out :/

Im not sure why you are having problems droping. Are you using v.5? Remember that the attack must be in front of the bomber (Roughly somewhere in the 50 degree range? Give or take) and must be OUTSIDE of the attack ring. I have done many runs with the bomber and have had all of them hit so long as the attack was initiated outside of the attack ring and roughly in front of the aircraft. Maybe some replays of the bomber failing its drop?
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby IceDreamer » 05 Apr 2014, 20:09

I've had straight circling attacks fail multiple times in a row. Also, it seems to be worse when you attack something within the range. Yes, I'm not expecting it to drop immediately, but I do expect it to drop once it has flown over, looped around, and is on the second pass. It's very odd.

Also yeah I saw that video just today and noticed exactly that. Aurora are in a good place power-wise, but remember it was Blackheart who suggested this change in the first place, not to change the power level, but to change the way it is useless on some maps and OP on others (In his opinion).

V2 now live in the Vault.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby Resin_Smoker » 05 Apr 2014, 20:34

IceDreamer wrote:I've had straight circling attacks fail multiple times in a row. Also, it seems to be worse when you attack something within the range. Yes, I'm not expecting it to drop immediately, but I do expect it to drop once it has flown over, looped around, and is on the second pass. It's very odd.

Also yeah I saw that video just today and noticed exactly that. Aurora are in a good place power-wise, but remember it was Blackheart who suggested this change in the first place, not to change the power level, but to change the way it is useless on some maps and OP on others (In his opinion).

V2 now live in the Vault.

Bombers will not attack unless the target is in-front of them...

Hover bombing and side bombing is gone.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby IceDreamer » 06 Apr 2014, 00:46

V3 changes...

The big test game which was played today threw up some big problems with Bombers. Lobo was revealed to be a really nice change, but the camera range really does need to be a bit more (Units aren't revealed unless they go all the way through the middle), and the Satellite fix really isn't the right way of doing things, so I'm trying a totally different approach there.

Bombers - Now much less fussy about which direction they are facing. They *Should* drop the bomb against targets which are moving or microed away. They might not HIT it, but they should drop.

Lobo - Camera radius from 5 to 6.

Satellite - Radar = 100 (From 70), Vision = 70 (From 40), Speed = 8 (From 6), AOE = 2 (From 1). So it's the same unit it is now, just a bit faster, a bit more of a spy, and not 100% useless vs stacked shields (That's the AOE at work).

Beginning work on rewriting all the ingame unit descriptions... This is going to take a while :/
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby rockoe10 » 06 Apr 2014, 02:09

I watched that replay live (tried to join in to play but was kicked :( ). From what I saw, everything looked fair, but i mostly focused on the bombers. As this was an interest of mine. From what I saw, there wasn't too much of a problem. I did see an aeon player attempt to hover bomb, and fail :D and one bomber who gave a late attack command and also failed to drop. All other bombers dropped as expected. No one took advantage of the increased handling however; which was disappointing. All-in-all it looked like a respectable mod
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby IceDreamer » 07 Apr 2014, 04:18

V4 - Quick Update

Sane Changes - Cybran Strategic Sub now drains 200 E correctly when built.

Insane changes - First attempt at making Mavor as powerful as it deserves to be

Edit: 4.1 up, fixing typo.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby IceDreamer » 10 Apr 2014, 01:23

There are now two mods on the Vault. One, the main Tweak Pack, as it has always been.

The second is a refined, cut down version including only the very most serious, sensible changes. Only input from top players will be considered for this part of the mod, and the idea is that without any silliness, more playtesting will happen.

Code: Select all
Lobo
CameraLifetime = 20 (From 5)
CameraVisionRadius = 6 (From 5)
DamageRadius - 1.2 (From 1)

Aurora
Speeds to 3.0 (From 2.9)
FiringRandomnessWhileMoving = 0.4 (From 0.1)

Medusa
T1 Stun = 2.5 (From 3)
T2 Stun = 1.5 (From 2)

Mongoose
MuzzleVelocity = 30 (From 25)

Satellite
Health = 20000
Now takes Damage, still untargetable. Basically, now dies if used to block a Nuke.

Fatboy
DamageFriendly = false
Stops it from blowing up its own shield 80% of the time

Mavor
Explosion FX slightly too small, rescaled

Plan-B
Now the Energy Drain is turned on when built, preventing it haveing free Stealth

Corsair
MuzzleVelocity = 30 (From 35)

The next step, after Unit Descriptions are done, is going to be to take a look at what Blackheart has called the "Hoverspam Problem". He's explained it to me as best he can, and I'm going to look at Hitboxes, movement physics, and spammability.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby IceDreamer » 11 Apr 2014, 06:52

V5 and V2 on the vault, including the working Unit Descriptions in both, as well as more Bomber changes (FiringTolerance = 6 again) for T1 Bombers, and Mavor FX changes.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools