New explosion FXs (RK's Explosions)

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New explosion FXs (RK's Explosions)

Postby RK4000 » 19 Apr 2020, 11:21

Version 11 is live! :D

Changes:
-Added Nomads support! The mod is now fully compatible with Nomads, all of their units will now use a factionally-varied explosion, based on their lore and general faction aesthetic.
-Reworked structure explosions (they now explode faster and with more variety in the effects)
-Reworked navy explosions
-Fixed Tempest and Atlantis explosions not working properly
-Added plane debris for T1 and T2
-Improved many textures
-Fixed some weird nuke effects from V10

Can be found in the vault under RK's Explosions (V11).

... And many more small changes which you will have to see out for yourself! :) Enjoy!
RK4000
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: RK4000

Postby RK4000 » 20 Apr 2020, 06:03

Quick hotfix: Uploaded Version 12, which fixes a bug in V11; somehow an emitter file was missing, which caused the fatboy to not be reclaimable, as it's script couldn't run.

Old version is now hidden from the vault, and the new one is now RK's Explosions V12.
RK4000
Priest

Postby SoHuje » 21 Apr 2020, 16:57

RK4000 wrote:
SoHuje wrote:This mod sounds really cool but am noobie here where is the vault ? :( looked and just cant find

If you are using the main client, it's here:

ss+(2020-03-31+at+08.33.33).png

You have to search for "RK's Explosions" or just "Explosions", and it will find it.

If you are using the old client, you unfortunately won't be able to find the mod in the vault, as sadly only the new client supports recently uploaded mods from what I understand. The old client doesn't show them.

Thxs that explains it I have not grapped the cleint and was just looking via forum :)
SoHuje

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: SoHuje

Postby alfmas » 24 Apr 2020, 22:42

RK4000 wrote:Quick hotfix: Uploaded Version 12, which fixes a bug in V11; somehow an emitter file was missing, which caused the fatboy to not be reclaimable, as it's script couldn't run.

Old version is now hidden from the vault, and the new one is now RK's Explosions V12.

Hey, i think im in the "old version"

I have a new icon that sais "Downlords FAF Client" but when i try to join it sais: "Unfortunately, you must currently link your account to Steam in order to play Forged Alliance Forever. You can do so on https://www.faforever.com/account/link.

This is the new version? or where i can find it??
alfmas
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Only_Desert

Postby RK4000 » 27 Apr 2020, 19:44

The topic about linking your steam account to your faf account is a different matter, not to be discussed in this thread. There are other forum threads for discussing this.

But yes, unfortunately every version after V9 is only accessible on downlord's client, and not the python client you are probably currently using. This means you can only download the current up-to-date V12 version of the mod from the vault if you are using downlord's client.

But, as it seems that many people (myself included) still like to use the old client, I have added an alternate manual download link for the mod to the first page of this thread.
RK4000
Priest

Postby Kalvirox » 05 May 2020, 20:37

So, when is this mod getting integrated into the main game RK?
Because, everyone knows how good it is. At the very least it should have it's own custom game option in the side bar under the automatch.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby BlackYps » 08 May 2020, 15:39

This mod is looking even better with every iteration! I only have one small thing: Some explosions are still taking a long time until the wreck spawns and you have to wait for that to reclaim/rebuild it. Most of the units are fine already. I noticed it on the factories and the soulripper. Especially in the case of the soulripper it would be nice to have the wreck spawn while it is burning. It is not visible then and it feels more natural to see the wreck after that that continues to explode than the totally fine looking soulripper.
BlackYps

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Calas Typhon » 02 Jun 2020, 02:24

My game keeps crashing in the transport loading page, before the game even starts. Anyone knows a way to fix it?
Calas Typhon

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Calas Typhon

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools