New explosion FXs (RK's Explosions)

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New explosion FXs (rks_explosions)

Postby RK4000 » 30 Oct 2014, 18:38

Progress update #1!

Everything, including the debris from naval units/buildings has been proven to now work with the toggling system.

Now all that's left to do is:

1. To polish up the default-looking explosion (i had to re-create it to be more performance friendly, and also updated the texture for it so it looks less like a cartoon-ish fireball and more like actual fire) and to get all the timings properly on building/naval units to work with the default explosions,

2. To make the default-looking explosions work on the experimental units as far as scale and timing goes.

3.* General optimization of the whole way explosions are handled, for better performance.
*The default explosions used a slightly different way to emit the particles and time it. I'm trying to blend both ways (mine and the default one) together to get the benefits of both.

As always, stay tuned for more updates.

Slight sneak peek into V8/integrated! http://fr.xfire.com/video/62e38a/
-Added more effects to all fall-down trails,
-Tweaked charge and fire texture,
-Added blue after-glow to Seraphim explosions.

And P.S., E8400-CV, please, if you have nothing to contribute other than deliberately wanting to start arguments with people posting here, please do not post at all. This thread is mostly for constructive criticism and not for you to practice flaming skills on. We all know you dislike the mod, and if you don't have something else to say, or just want to start pointless arguments with others posting here by posting in a negative attitude, do not post anymore.
RK4000
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: RK4000

Postby Aulex » 30 Oct 2014, 18:47

RK4000 wrote:Slight sneak peek into V8/integrated! http://fr.xfire.com/video/62e38a/

I would reduce the sparks on the t3 sera fac drastically, a few sparks here and there is good, raining blue hell is not very pretty.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby RK4000 » 30 Oct 2014, 18:51

Aulex wrote:
RK4000 wrote:Slight sneak peek into V8/integrated! http://fr.xfire.com/video/62e38a/

I would reduce the sparks on the t3 sera fac drastically, a few sparks here and there is good, raining blue hell is not very pretty.

Yeh, the increased number of sparks is due to the fact that I recently changed how factory explosions are handled. There are normally way less sparks for building explosions. The point was to show the blue after-glow, so disregard the bugged sparks for now ;)
RK4000
Priest

Postby E8400-CV » 30 Oct 2014, 19:22

RK4000 wrote:[...]
And P.S., E8400-CV, please, if you have nothing to contribute other than deliberately wanting to start arguments with people posting here, please do not post at all. This thread is mostly for constructive criticism and not for you to practice flaming skills on. We all know you dislike the mod, and if you don't have something else to say, or just want to start pointless arguments with others posting here by posting in a negative attitude, do not post anymore.

I just showed my appreciation for the toggle. :shock: I think it's awesome.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Postby RK4000 » 30 Oct 2014, 19:26

E8400-CV wrote:
RK4000 wrote:[...]

I just showed my appreciation for the toggle. :shock: I think it's awesome.

That's fine, but just a simple "Awesome, finally no more arguing over whether to enable or not in the lobby" sounds way less negative (and less argument-bait) than "Finally no more dividing the community over overblown explosions." :D
RK4000
Priest

Postby E8400-CV » 30 Oct 2014, 19:27

I like to be factual right, regardless of political correctness.
E8400-CV
Evaluator

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: jcvjcvjcvjcv

Postby Coffee nut » 31 Oct 2014, 12:27

Has the heart shaped explosion from Lu_Xun been integrated yet? Haven't really seen it in game, or I haven't noticed....
Coffee nut

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby RK4000 » 31 Oct 2014, 12:29

Only Lu_Xun's Ilshavohs will explode into hearts. It is his personal explosion, so only his units use it, not everyone's. :)

Well, technically, mine and Sheeo's Ilshavohs also explode into hearts, but that's because we were the ones that made it, so I think we are allowed to use it aswell :D
RK4000
Priest

Postby Aurion » 31 Oct 2014, 12:31

E8400-CV wrote:I like to be factual right, regardless of political correctness.

There is absolutely nothing factual about 'overblown' and also seperating the community is more subjective than you're trying to make it look like. You also sound like Geert Wilders, stop that. I'm sure you're more intelligent than that.
Aurion
Priest

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: NuclearPudding

Postby Coffee nut » 31 Oct 2014, 12:39

RK4000 wrote:Only Lu_Xun's Ilshavohs will explode into hearts. It is his personal explosion, so only his units use it, not everyone's. :)

Well, technically, mine and Sheeo's Ilshavohs also explode into hearts, but that's because we were the ones that made it, so I think we are allowed to use it aswell :D

Oh :( are we privy to at least a screenshot?
Coffee nut

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools