Seiya Mods

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Seiya Mods

Postby seiya » 03 Nov 2013, 04:01

Okay, new version up.

Shields are fixed. I had left something from testing in on accident so the ratio of the shield shouldnt change when it levels up.

Did some more optimizations. It will not change much with normal games, but in coop and singleplayer, it should help... a little. There is a one minute delay before anything starts leveling up.

SCUs are where they should have been on their scaling. They still level quicker than a normal unit, but slower than the ACU.

And that crash on the coop of Black day should not happen. Still not taking fault for it, but the fix was easy enough.
seiya
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Seiya

Postby Krapougnak » 03 Nov 2013, 09:52

Where can I get hold of the Bouncer Shield ?
Krapougnak
Contributor

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: Krapougnak

Postby seiya » 04 Nov 2013, 00:35

Krapougnak wrote:Where can I get hold of the Bouncer Shield ?

I havent released that one yet, there are two more bugs that I need to get worked out first.

One is easy (how to detect and fix it if a projectile has vectors of 0), and the other is taking a bit more decision making. What to do about beam weapons.

The first is because you will sometimes have a projectile that drops all of its directional information before I can snag it. That causes it to either just float in mid air doing nothing or fall through the shield very slowly. There are ways to fix both of them, I just have other things eating into my free time right now (like having a job again).

The second is not a programming problem per se, just one where I need to decide if I want to do it as beams damage the shield or beams pass through the shield. Neither is all that hard, just they do change how you use them.
seiya
Crusader

Postby rockoe10 » 14 Dec 2013, 10:51

What about a transport ship similar to the one in Total Annihilation? I think that would add alot of strategy to the game. Its not game breaking and might even be implementable to the core game. I'm not sure why Gas PoweredGames never put one in the game. Its not something new and would be very helpful in making land assaults by sea when you have totally lost the air game, but control the sea.
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby The Mak » 14 Dec 2013, 19:26

rockoe10 wrote:What about a transport ship similar to the one in Total Annihilation? I think that would add alot of strategy to the game. Its not game breaking and might even be implementable to the core game. I'm not sure why Gas PoweredGames never put one in the game. Its not something new and would be very helpful in making land assaults by sea when you have totally lost the air game, but control the sea.

I will just re-quote myself from a few months ago :D:
The Mak wrote:I am just going to link my response from a similar thread from earlier this year.

It works by the way, but it has issues.
The Mak
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: The_Mak

Postby rockoe10 » 15 Dec 2013, 15:50

Oooooo very nice
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby Innomen » 21 Aug 2014, 09:45

Looking for auto engineers. (would love for it to apply to engi stations someday) where do I download it?

I opened the FAF client, clicked vaults, clicked mods, typed "auto" and I don't see it. I only see three things.
Innomen
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Innomen

Postby seiya » 10 Apr 2016, 23:48

This is kind of a hard reason to be posting here again, but my website will be going down in about a month. This means the location I have been hosting my mods will be going down as well. Not too happy about this at all.

If anyone has a place to they want/can host the mods, I will send you the files.

And just to be clear, the reason for this not something sad like, "I just dont want it anymore". No, it is because a medical problem is running me out of extra money right now. I am still very proud of the work I did on making a lot of early experimental mods for Supcom.
seiya
Crusader

Postby Exotic_Retard » 10 Apr 2016, 23:51

you can upload them to a file-hosting site so we can dl them and then they can make their way onto the faf wiki.

you could also specify or prepare a text to go with the mods and we can get a nice page running for you.

tbh i dont know much about these mods, are they faf compatible?
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby seiya » 03 Feb 2020, 19:13

I am, in theory, working on mods again.

My first attempt was the bouncer shield. I can get it to bounce projectiles no problem, but I have been trying for, literally, years to get get a flat shield. I also worked on making the bounce work better than its current implementation. Yeah, that was a work in frustration. I know more now, but neither of those want to work.

So I moved on to trying to fix something in one of my oldest mods, the Advanced PD Turrets. One of them broke for some reason that I cannot figure out. The Aeon version will not fire a custom projectile.

I compared it to the UEF turret and nothing is different. They both should work.

I then pulled out all custom code and told it to use the standard T2 PD code in everything but its name. Still does not work.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1utpSsDR0A28HwIUrvZjmjrvN-x_ERXL3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KNblhXlkX5Fu4i-v_FgXYZarYniA_3de

INFO: seiya_at3_abyss:Abyss:CreateProjectile: no projectile blueprint, doing instahit instead.

This is one of the most annoying errors to get in the game. No feedback whatsoever, and even following the code projectiles use to get made, I cannot find where the BP is being lost.

Any help would be appreciated
seiya
Crusader

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools