EcoManager [v7 for 3641]

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: EcoManager [v7 for 3641]

Postby schwartz1030 » 20 Sep 2018, 05:04

keyser wrote:what does it triggers at 4 storages; The "start and pause" of the mexx upgrade or the assist on the already started but paused upgrade ?

Exact sequence:

Starting point: T2 Mex and single engineer.
1) Select single engineer
2) Right click (assist) on the T2 mex
3) Mex Upgrades/Pauses + engineer queues 4 mex storage
4) Engineer starts to assist Mex UPGRADE --> Mex unpauses upgrade
5) 4 storage remain queued, but engineer continues to assist T3 Mex upgrade
schwartz1030
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: schwartz1030

Postby schwartz1030 » 20 Sep 2018, 05:05

SpoCk0nd0pe wrote:
schwartz1030 wrote:Hi all,

Apologies if I missed this, but I've read so many threads on this, I'm now confused. I'm running v11 (you guys who write these things are awesome BTW) and I'm getting the bug described in last year's post:
Does this also fix the upgrade on-click and assist to build mass storages bug?

I am only using upgrade on-click and when I select an engy and right click a T2 mex, it upgrade pauses to T3, I get the build queue for the mass storage, and then the engy starts assisting the upgrade of the mex.

Am I missing some option to prevent this?

As far as I know, EcoManager is still incompatible with assist storage build by default. There is a workaround that triggers assist upgrade only if x storages are built already. In cases of adjacent factories, bad terrain or lost commands, you have to remember though. I tried x=2, problems came up very rarely.
I lost the code since my last reinstall but I'm pretty sure I posted it in this thread.

OK, thanks. I tried one of your code changes but it was for older version of EcoManager and didn't work on V11, unless I did something wrong. I think it's OK, I can live without the one click upgrade pause. :)
schwartz1030
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: schwartz1030

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 20 Sep 2018, 17:31

schwartz1030 wrote:OK, thanks. I tried one of your code changes but it was for older version of EcoManager and didn't work on V11, unless I did something wrong. I think it's OK, I can live without the one click upgrade pause. :)

Maybe I misunderstood you. The code changes I proposed are meant to allow the build storages on assist feature to work with the upgrade on assist function in EcoManager. Last time I checked the code was essentially there, but only for the upgrade mex on select function. There is a listener function that checks for assistance bonus on the mex. Everything is already there it just needs to be implemented into the upgrade on assist code.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby keyser » 20 Sep 2018, 18:24

schwartz1030 wrote:
keyser wrote:what does it triggers at 4 storages; The "start and pause" of the mexx upgrade or the assist on the already started but paused upgrade ?

Exact sequence:

Starting point: T2 Mex and single engineer.
1) Select single engineer
2) Right click (assist) on the T2 mex
3) Mex Upgrades/Pauses + engineer queues 4 mex storage
4) Engineer starts to assist Mex UPGRADE --> Mex unpauses upgrade
5) 4 storage remain queued, but engineer continues to assist T3 Mex upgrade

i wasn't asking you but SpoCk0nd0pe
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 21 Sep 2018, 10:27

I think we misunderstood each other, my choice of words is a little confusing. The idea is to add an if clause to on assist upgade so on assist upgrade only triggers if you have a certain amount of storages already built. My code doesn‘t trigger anything, it prevents on assist upgrade from triggering if there are not enough storages built. This is a possible workaround to make on assist upgrade compatible with on assist storage build.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby keyser » 22 Sep 2018, 14:33

i'm sorry to ask again, but then what does it prevent from happening ?
1) it prevent the assist, until the 4 storages are done : ie, you assist the T2 mexx, the engie build the 4 storages and then assist the upgrade of the T2 mexx to T3 mexx that was paused until then.
2) it prevent the upgrade from launching/pausing. so engie can safely build the 4 storages, and won't assist the upgrade (since it never started) from the T2 mexx to T3.

the 2nd way being way more interesting than the first one.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 24 Sep 2018, 09:09

The second one. It prevents the on assist upgrade from launching, so the engies can build storages.

I never tried it with the feature that sets all mexes to paused upgrade when built (can‘ recall what it was called). That may use a different function to unpause mex upgrades on assist. It should be fairly staight forward to implement the same behaviour into that function, but I never took a look at it because I don‘t think the feature is beneficial.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby keyser » 24 Sep 2018, 10:27

Ok I'm gonna look for your "fix", it sounds like useful
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby OnlyFighter » 04 Oct 2018, 19:34

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a fix for giant black squares that cover part of the screen sometimes after upgrading a mex?
OnlyFighter

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: OnlyFighter

Postby keyser » 04 Oct 2018, 20:23

what is the list of other mods you are using ?

as a fix in game, you can desactivate EM in the option, and put it back on again. It fixes it, but won't prevent it from happening again afterward.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools