RAS Notify

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

RAS Notify

Postby Crotalus » 29 Jun 2013, 14:11

A little mod that notifies allies when you start upgrade RAS and when it's done.

News in v2:

* Possible to enqueue enhancements by holding down shift. You can mix it with normal orders, for instance order ACU to move somewhere and then start upgrade.
* Possible to upgrade enhancements which require prerequisite, for instance you can choose to upgrade ARAS and it will auto upgrade RAS first.
* When an ally is upgrading RAS the ETA and progress is visible on the strategic map.

Get it from mod vault, search for "notify" and look for v2
Last edited by Crotalus on 28 Apr 2014, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

Re: RAS Notify

Postby Hawkei » 03 Jul 2013, 04:24

Great. Now I just need a mod that notifies my allies everytime I build a pgen, or upgrade a mex. Or when I'm being raped by air units. Oh, I'd be all set then.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Crotalus » 03 Jul 2013, 07:27

lol?

You know how often there's a need to know exactly when RAS is done for the first player in 4v4? It's all about the window of opportunity to get your own RAS before the overflow is gone.
Crotalus
Priest

Postby Hawkei » 03 Jul 2013, 09:16

Crotalus wrote:lol?

You know how often there's a need to know exactly when RAS is done for the first player in 4v4? It's all about the window of opportunity to get your own RAS before the overflow is gone.

Yea, but usually I just press Shift + Enter >> "RAS Done" >> Enter
I've never thought that this one singular piece of information deserved a Mod. However useful it might be... While you're at it, you may as well incorporate broken alliances, for phantom games. Such that your allies are informed when another ally breaks with you. Or perhaps a create a message, which updates your allies with your strategic missile inventory. Or a message to say when you are bleeding mass, or notify allies of a resource dump.

I guess my point is that team chat is an important aspect of team games, and I had never considered it worthwhile to create a mod just for one item of communication. But if it works for you, then great.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy

Postby Crotalus » 03 Jul 2013, 09:40

I'm thinking of sharing more information between users of my mod but then I would be using a seperate chat channel which wouldn't be visible, i.e. just update some UI on the screen.

For instance, maybe share current storage status to see if someone needs mass / energy.
Crotalus
Priest

Postby Hawkei » 03 Jul 2013, 10:35

Crotalus wrote:I'm thinking of sharing more information between users of my mod but then I would be using a seperate chat channel which wouldn't be visible, i.e. just update some UI on the screen.

For instance, maybe share current storage status to see if someone needs mass / energy.

You know there is a way of displaying this information in game already. You just create a bank of Energy storage and mass storage. Then give one of each to your allies ;) Then you can easily see their eco status, by looking at the building cluster. But maybe you're right. A UI interface for this information would be better.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Postby errorblankfield » 04 Jul 2013, 19:18

Firewall wrote:
Crotalus wrote:I'm thinking of sharing more information between users of my mod but then I would be using a seperate chat channel which wouldn't be visible, i.e. just update some UI on the screen.

You know there is a way of displaying this information in game already. You just create a bank of Energy storage and mass storage. Then give one of each to your allies ;) Then you can easily see their eco status, by looking at the building cluster. But maybe you're right. A UI interface for this information would be better.

:shock:

I just realized that storage react to mass/energy but it had yet dawned on me to do this...

Which begs the following questions:
1) Why don't more people do this? Esp. with random teams with little talking.
2) Do you have any more useful nuggets to share cause you keep sharing odd bits of info that are surprisingly useful?
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby Hawkei » 05 Jul 2013, 13:17

errorblankfield wrote: :shock:

I just realized that storage react to mass/energy but it had yet dawned on me to do this...

Which begs the following questions:
1) Why don't more people do this? Esp. with random teams with little talking.
2) Do you have any more useful nuggets to share cause you keep sharing odd bits of info that are surprisingly useful?

Yea.
1) If your mantis are standing there doing nothing. Tell them to assist ground and they will repair each other.
2) If you put an engineering station into your firebase template, it will build faster
3) Tell engineers to assist the ground between 2 T3 Land/Naval Factories, and you only need half the ammount of engineers
4) If you build an SCU. Select it and press Ctrl + N. Then Type your name... It makes it harder for people to find your ACU
5) Give your land factory rally point a move command, followed by an attack move command. Then tell transports to assist the factory. The transports will drop the units at the first point. Then, as soon as the land units hit the ground, they will proceed to the second location on foot. They wont get spread out at the LZ and it is useful when you don't have air control at the destination.
6) Transport load commands can be qued with other commands as well. If an engineer is moving toward the transport (but not yet loaded) you can tell it what to build at the destination. As soon as it hits the ground, it will carry out those commands.
7) Also, you can tell an engineer to hop back into a transport after it has finished a building project. Then by queing the transport to move to another location, it will move on as soon as the engineer is loaded. (This one is useful for moving engineers quickly between mex clusters ;) )
8) You can selectively unload transports and carriers. By navigating to the "cargo" palette, then an individual unit. You can tell a transport to only drop 1 engineer. Hence, you can que up a series of 1 engineer drops... You can also use this method with an aircraft carrier to unload a select group of aircraft (eg. unload your ASF's while keeping your stratbombers loaded).
9) With carriers. You if you give them an unload command after each plane build, or groups of plane builds, they will unload that plane as soon as it is finished, then continue with the rest of their build que.
10) As an extension to point 9. The unload destinations for each plane can be different. (Eg. You can tell an Adlantis to unload a broadswords to a series of different mex clusters, onshore. Each aircraft will unload and head off to its assigned target.
11) 3 Evensongs will kill a T1 mex in 1 volley and 1 Aeon T1 transport holds 3 Evensongs :) (Combined with point 7 above... The evensongs can be transported to the next Mex cluster, as soon as they have destroyed their assigned targets).
12) Rapid fire missile ships can be made more effective by switching targets during the fire cycle. 2 missiles will kill a T1 mex, 5 for a T1 factory and 1 for a cluster of T1 units. One Seraphim cruiser can strip a naval instalation of all its assisting engineers in 6 seconds. Or it can decimate an island on Roanoke in 20.
13) If you allies are floating lots of energy in a team game. Building T2 Mass fabricators will utilise their energy surplus, and give you some extra mass income. If you use the Mass Fab Manager UI Mod, they will self regulate so that you never stall power, and never waste it.
14) If you put a land factory, a radar some PD and an AA turret into a template, it makes building forward outposts SO much easier.
15) Surrounding Mexes with T1 Pgens will significantly reduce their energy draw when they are upgrading, in an eco rush. The pgens can then be reclaimed before the mex is surrounded them with storage.
16) A landed air scout (or bomber) has similar radar radius to a T1 radar, but draws no power, is mobile, and doesn't need an engineer to build it.
17) A Selen is not visible when loaded in a transport. If told to hold fire before loaded in the transport, it can be dropped onsite and never be detected.
18) If a stealthed land base is scouted, turning the stealth generator off and on again will remove the buildings strategic icons from your enemies map view.
19) The Aeon Quantum Optics facility can locate ACU's underwater.
20) A teleporting SCU with the Area Damage weapon upgrade can strip an air factory of all its assisting engineers in 6 seconds. Anywhere, at any time.
21) If you send a Spy plane immediately in front of a wing of bombers, when attacking an enemy base. The First volley of SAM will unload on the Spy plane.
22) ASF on a formation move will move slower and get more shots off against Restorers.
23) If you select some units and Ctrl + Right click >> Ctrl + Shift + Right Click >> Ctrl + Shift + Right Click >> Shift + Right Click on the first waypoint... The units will execute the patrol order in formation.
24) You can easily set up spam factories by telling them to assist a lead factory, which is on a repeat build que. If you then need a one off build order, you can give that special build order to one of the assisting factories. With its own rally point. It will then resume assisting the spam factory when it is done.
25) Putting one land scout into your Ghetto Gunship will allow it to find targets more easily.
26) UEF T2 gunships have a transport slot, which can carry a T2 unit. Stinger + Riptide combo is deadly vs Naval installations. Stinger + Mongoose, are a very dynamic "Air-mobile Raiding Force". A land scout loaded into one of your Stingers will give them intel, and a Cybran Deciever will stealth the whole squadron.
27) If you are in a phantom game, and the phantom is floating mass. Donating resources and seeing which players drain your storage can identify the Phantom. (And looking at the animation on their storage units will also give this information).
28) Selecting all land, Ctrl +L, is only one keystroke away from Ctrl + K. Make sure you deselect your ACU :lol:
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Postby errorblankfield » 06 Jul 2013, 16:41

Firewall wrote:28) Selecting all land, Ctrl +L, is only one keystroke away from Ctrl + K. Make sure you deselect your ACU :lol:

I bet that has a story behind it.

Definitely a useful list there, many thanks.
errorblankfield
Priest

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: errorblankfield

Postby ggstack » 07 Aug 2013, 20:21

errorblankfield wrote:
Firewall wrote:28) Selecting all land, Ctrl +L, is only one keystroke away from Ctrl + K. Make sure you deselect your ACU :lol:

I bet that has a story behind it.

Definitely a useful list there, many thanks.

I've done that before.

Also some one had the RAS Notify in Phantom... we more or less knew it was him..
ggstack

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Heimdall

Next

Return to Mods & Tools