Pre-upgraded SCU mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Pre-upgraded SCU mod

Postby pip » 26 Jan 2013, 20:46

A quick notification for those who haven't checked the annoucement of the new version of the Nomads faction : there is a new feature in it that allows to build pre-upgraded SCU. It is available by default for the Nomad faction, but you can also have it for the other factions by activating a mod that is built in the Nomads version. Of course, you don't have to play with the Nomad faction to try it.

Having pre-upgraded SCU allows you to know better what total cost you will have for your Super UEF shielded SCU of Doom, or your Seton Knightmare Teleport Sera SCU. It makes it also much easier to plan your SCU use, and ease their management a lot, removing, if you want a specific SCU, a lot of micro.

Give it a try!
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Re: Pre-upgraded SCU mod

Postby rockoe10 » 31 Jan 2013, 22:21

Where can I get this wonderful mod and is it user side only? In other words, does everyone have to have it?
ZeP: doesn't matter if it's an avatar, a trophy or a collection of dead cats
ZeP: it's the same code
rockoe10

Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: Rockoe10

Postby ZaphodX » 31 Jan 2013, 22:47

rockoe10 wrote:Where can I get this wonderful mod and is it user side only? In other words, does everyone have to have it?

It's integrated into the Nomads mod.
ZaphodX
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TAG_ZaphodX

Postby pip » 01 Feb 2013, 15:08

rockoe10 wrote:Where can I get this wonderful mod and is it user side only? In other words, does everyone have to have it?

Host a Nomad game, go into game options > mods and enable it. Then, the other factions will have the same feature as the Nomads SCU = precustomized SCU.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Hawkei » 11 Jun 2013, 05:56

This would be a blueprint mod, so no, I don't think it would be a UI mod.

However, there was an old UI mod which does a similar thing. It is an SCU management mod, which ques a predefined sequence of upgrades on the SCU. With two separate, customisable, upgrade paths. One for combat, and the other for support. Basically, when the SCU gates in you click a button. Then a few minutes later, you have a fully upgraded SCU on the field. This happens even faster when you have engineers on ground assist near the gate. Because the SCU manager is UI, it can be used in ranked matches.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby The Mak » 11 Jun 2013, 10:32

What Firewall described is part of GAZ_UI.
The Mak
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: The_Mak

Return to Mods & Tools