Advanced Strategic Icons mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Advanced Strategic Icons mod

Postby Lewnatic » 11 Feb 2017, 01:28

Hey!

Im currently working on a TVG veterancy mod version. And i want to add a colored border for my strategic icons when the units are leveld.

Is there a lua version of this mod to look at to see how you changed the colored icons? Would be pretty nice to know.

Cheers
Lewnatic
Lewnatic

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Lewnatic

Postby ZeRen » 11 Feb 2017, 19:49

Lewnatic wrote:Hey!

Im currently working on a TVG veterancy mod version. And i want to add a colored border for my strategic icons when the units are leveld.

Is there a lua version of this mod to look at to see how you changed the colored icons? Would be pretty nice to know.

Cheers
Lewnatic

sry but this mod has no lua inside, There are only DDS files

by colored icons you mean the coler border around icons, right? if so , he made it in the DDS picture
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby Lewnatic » 13 Feb 2017, 23:15

Thank you for answering ZeRen. Is there a way to load different DDS files vial lua for the game? Im planning a colored border around strategic icons to show the level of the unit. For example

vet 1 = white border
vet 2 = yellowborder
vet 3 = orange border
vet 4 = red border
vet 5 = purple border

But im not know if its possible to include DDS files in the lua mods. What would be nice where something like.

Normaly take the DDS strategic icons from supreme commanders gamedate. ->
If unit is veted -> Take DDS from the mod folder.
Lewnatic

Postby ZeRen » 15 Feb 2017, 17:43

Lewnatic wrote:Thank you for answering ZeRen. Is there a way to load different DDS files vial lua for the game? Im planning a colored border around strategic icons to show the level of the unit. For example

vet 1 = white border
vet 2 = yellowborder
vet 3 = orange border
vet 4 = red border
vet 5 = purple border

But im not know if its possible to include DDS files in the lua mods. What would be nice where something like.

Normaly take the DDS strategic icons from supreme commanders gamedate. ->
If unit is veted -> Take DDS from the mod folder.

I am not a coder, but there is mod that rename your units by vet level and HP level, there is all so mod that create overlay("icon") over idle engy

so what you want probly could be possible with overley, but replace whole icon? I dont know
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby Lewnatic » 19 Feb 2017, 04:36

Yeah even nomads uses multiple old strategic icons and sticks them together to create the "new one". It seems like there is no reverese engineered way to add or change the strategic icons to this point.
Lewnatic

Postby Stormrideron » 22 Feb 2017, 18:26

Same here, I want to add color border for the TvG Level Up! Mod that I am working on. It would be a very cool feature to add!

Are these icon color border independent from the icons or a direct copy-over and pasted with color definition border? If it's just a new layout that adds, not replace then I guess it should be possible to do it.
Stormrideron
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Stormrideron

Postby ZeRen » 23 Feb 2017, 17:14

Stormrideron wrote:Same here, I want to add color border for the TvG Level Up! Mod that I am working on. It would be a very cool feature to add!

Are these icon color border independent from the icons or a direct copy-over and pasted with color definition border? If it's just a new layout that adds, not replace then I guess it should be possible to do it.

every unit icon have a four .dds pictures, "idle", "mouse over", "selected" and "selected mouse over"

and all those color borders in ASI mod are part of those .dds pictures, so yes you can make your own borders by creating them in those files

but if there is anothe option to do that? I dont know

I created few icons just for my self (wasn´t happy with vanila MEXes and some more), so yes you make your own icons, all thanks to Shadows for creating this awesome mod 8-)
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby Lewnatic » 25 Feb 2017, 03:24

>and all those color borders in ASI mod are part of those .dds pictures, so yes you can make your own borders by creating them in those files

But that sounds like a hell of work.(I dont really think anyone would recolor 250+ Icons) The more clever approach would be to inject a shader that outlines the texture at the clamped alpha. Link -> http://i.imgur.com/0bzEcAz.png

Actually a very simple thing to do with a shaders. The problem is to get it in FAF i guess.
Lewnatic

Postby nine2 » 03 Mar 2017, 13:41

How would you inject the shader?
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby ladderff » 07 Apr 2017, 17:36

I just had an idea: Tech levels for a unit are indicated by those 1-3 vertical tickmarks below the icon. What if there were an option to not display this tickmark for T1 units? I find they make it hard to pick out a higher-tech engineer, flak, or aircraft when you are zoomed out. What do you think?
ladderff
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: ladderff

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools