Advanced Strategic Icons mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Advanced Strategic Icons mod

Postby ghostronin » 27 Apr 2014, 23:27

Ze_PilOt wrote:I have to whitelist it.

You can thank people throwing nxt/scd files all around messing with game.

Thanks Ze. Perhaps, this is happening to Duck's Lobby Manager mod as well? It also stopped working for me since that last patch, and like the icon mod is also not installed thru the mod vault.
ghostronin
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ghostronin

Postby Shadows » 28 Apr 2014, 12:19

Ze_PilOt wrote:I have to whitelist it.

You can thank people throwing nxt/scd files all around messing with game.

Awkward situation, when will this problem be corrected?
Shadows

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times
FAF User Name: Shadows

Postby Kulu » 29 Apr 2014, 09:36

Isnt the mod working? I cant play this game anymore without it, my eyes start to bleed due to small symbols.
Kulu

Has liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Kulu

Postby Shadows » 29 Apr 2014, 10:40

ghostronin wrote:Mod not working since last patch. My other mods installed thru the mod vault are working. Any change to make it into a mod installable thru the mod vault?
Kulu wrote:Isnt the mod working? I cant play this game anymore without it, my eyes start to bleed due to small symbols.
Apparently, Ze_PilOt blocked basic modding functionality with the clam that it's 'messing with the game'. He also said that he will 'whitelist' the ASI mod but I don't know when it would happen.
In the meantime you all just have to bare with the eye pain or play outside FAF (Through Steam or vanilla) as dictatorial platform patches that block modding is somthing out of my hands. :roll:
Shadows

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 Apr 2014, 12:05

It's on the whitelist for 3 days now.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 376 times
FAF User Name: Ze_PilOt

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 Apr 2014, 12:12

Shadows wrote:as dictatorial platform patches that block modding is somthing out of my hands. :roll:

Again, blame the modders missing too much with the game.
And by the way, a .scd/.nxt file is NOT a mod but an alteration of the game.

You prefer people able to play the game flawlessly or people that have tons of problems without knowing why?

So yes, It come with restrictions that doesn't please you, but these are temporary and it's for the best.
Nossa wrote:I've never played GPG or even heard of FA until FAF started blowing up.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby fondelaar » 29 Apr 2014, 13:08

Ze_PilOt wrote:And by the way, a .scd/.nxt file is NOT a mod but an alteration of the game.

Erm, mod = modification = alternation, right?
fondelaar

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: fondelaar

Postby Ze_PilOt » 29 Apr 2014, 13:27

fondelaar wrote:
Ze_PilOt wrote:And by the way, a .scd/.nxt file is NOT a mod but an alteration of the game.

Erm, mod = modification = alternation, right?

FA has a mod system. Any mod is freely useable with FAF.

SCD files are alterations of FA files. This is not directly supported by FA or FAF.

Yes, it's modding, but you don't use the mod support of FA, and so it's not 100% safe.
Ze_PilOt
Supreme Commander

Postby Shadows » 29 Apr 2014, 16:24

Ze_PilOt wrote:It's on the whitelist for 3 days now.
Excellent, that will spare a serious eye pain for a lot of people.. But what would happen when I create a new version?
Ze_PilOt wrote:Again, blame the modders missing too much with the game.
Ze_PilOt wrote:You prefer people able to play the game flawlessly or people that have tons of problems without knowing why?
If it means that mods that gives unfair advantage like an automatic fabricators would be denied then you just turned me into an enthusiastic supporter.
From what I recall this modding method is called "Shadowing" and it's one of the original ways for modding the game before the new way was added by a patch.
Ze_PilOt wrote:So yes, It come with restrictions that doesn't please you, but these are temporary and it's for the best.
Hey, you can block modding altogether by me, I just answered one of the many complaints I keep getting recently that may portray me as an incompetent creator just because of some unknown dictatorial patch from space (It dictates what mods would work and what wouldn't).
Shadows

Postby sasin » 29 Apr 2014, 17:44

Ze_PilOt wrote:It's on the whitelist for 3 days now.

Thanks for getting this done Zep! Sorry if this is obvious, but how do we get the now whitelisted mod back? I tried to play Sunday night and the icons were gone. I tried looking through options to see if it had been incorporated but I couldn't find anything (it also is confusing because GAZ has a lot of options that look like they might be this mod but aren't of course). I tried searching the mod vault and didn't find it.
sasin
Priest

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: sasin

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools