FA RTS current version updates

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

FA RTS current version updates

Postby Evildrew » 08 Jun 2019, 00:39

On the request of some people I put together a general descriptive list of the most important changes/improvements that affect gameplay in the slightest as compared to the official game that unfortunately most players are exposed to. I did this rather than provide the complete details as the details exist in other threads. Unfortunately I cannot waste my time keeping up with meaningless twiddly tweaking of numbers by the balance team people anymore so if they change anything it will not be listed here as a difference.
Please check the following link for additional specifications if you want to know more about either the exact numbers/changes alluded to:
/viewtopic. ... st#p171530

Air
T1 bombers:
*11 speed
*Hover bombing is impossible
*Pre august 2016 costs

T2 fighterbombers:
*16 speed
*Higher AA damage
*Janus bombdrop as it used to be, just fixed so it doesnt undershoot
*Corsair does no friendly damage so they dont kill themselver on enemy shields. Their targeting is also improved
*Nothas AI behaviour in airfights is fixed.
Torpedo bombers sonar range is reduced

T3 air:
-Scouts: 25 speed
-ASFs: 22 speed
-T3 Bombers: 17 speed, 3k hp, do double damage vs shields
-Gunships: 4k hp
*Aoen gunship does more damage vs ground units

Land:
*Almost all land units have an added targeting bone that helps lazer weapons hit them almost all the time.
*Pathfinding improved on land units.
*T3 land unit stats are mostly same as before the so-called T3 nerf patch
*Firebeetle stats are as they used to be. They have an added cloak whilst they are not moving.
*Titans have 60 dps which puts them on the same effective dps as loyalists.
*Torpedo damage on Othum, Brick and Wagner were increased.

Sea:
*Intel ranges are modified.
*Sera cruiser and carrier missiles have 2 hp like the UEF cruiser
*Aoen AA boat cost reduced to 80 mass 800 energy and frigate to 270 mass and 2700 energy
*The performance of T3 subs was improved with intel changes without changing their dps or hp.
*Subs and harms are at lower depths which prevents groundfiring them with battleships.
*Aoen battleship cost was reduced to 8k mass 25k e to overcome its short distance cannons as to improve navy balance.

EXPs:
*The fattyboy's stats are buffed and the cost increased.

Buildings:
*Sams missiles firing is improved. They dont do splash damage anymore and their dps is increased.
*Splash on flak is reduced and firing accuracy improved which results in a much better balance.
*Harms HP reduced to 6250.
*Buildings like sonar, radar, mexes that use upgrades have cumulative costs, so to ctrl-k them and rebuild from scratch is no longer cheaper than to upgrade them.
*Hp on eco buildings is reduced to make attacking as viable as defending. This is to improved the attack-defence balance to move away from defensive play being OP and turning FAF into simcity.

Eco
*RAS: RAS is more of an energy income and less of a mass upgrade to make RAS vs T3 Pgen an option.
*Mass storage is only available on ACUs and mass storage units. Storage is also reduced on these to 200.

ACU upgrades:
*Chrono upgrade is rebalanced to also account for the description of having an energy consumption
*Most of the cost and balance of acu upgrades are as they used to be. See link above for complete changes.

Intel:
*Sonar range generally is reduced to enhance the viability of subs. Radar and scouts can be used to spot where the surface ships are at.

Other:
*OC damage radius is reduced to make units in formations that are spread out not suffer from splash damage that is OP
*Mobile factories are added from EQ to enhance those units usability.

Bugfixes:
Not going to list everything in here but suffice it to say, many small things that are broken in the official FAF sim city balance were fixed or fixes added from other mods. These fixes are of course the foundation before balancing and together they make FA RTS a vastly superior choice compared to FAF simcity for those who want to enjoy a game of RTS.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Latest additions to the FA RTS mod (June 2019, mostly mentioned in the post above):

OC has less radius
Mass storage on engineers and buildings removed
Mass storage adjusted 200
Scathis speed increased
Strats damage vs shields doubled
Auto OC gun heading fixed after oc, so it doesnt bug back to default heading anymore
Chrono consumption mainteneance cost added, energy cost reduced
Seraphim battleship target bone was outside of its hit box so torps couldnt hit it, this is fixed
Mobile factories from EQ mod added to enhance gameplay

I had to remove a file that was in that shouldnt be in yet :) therefore v2 is now v3 - no changes
V4 is simply adding 2 hp on sera cruiser and carrier missle because of balance
Evildrew

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Evildrew

Re: FA RTS current version updates

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 08 Sep 2019, 23:18

I found there so many equilibrium codes, so it looks like you just copy it and change some numbers,
I know that while there are even my notes :D.

so I guess it could be good, even if it come two years later with someone else name into it. :D
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Return to Mods & Tools