How to use IssueUnitCommand?

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: How to use IssueUnitCommand?

Postby Exotic_Retard » 16 Sep 2018, 11:07

impressive, you look like you know what you are doing!

would you be interested in joining us on the fa forever slack? its a place where all developers and contributors hang out, and you can ask any and all technically oriented questions in there so some of your stuff from "further ideas" could be implemented. and in general being in a crowd of people who know these things is useful.

you can pm me your email address (dont give it out in public) and we can get you on there, if you would like!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby iliis » 16 Sep 2018, 11:54

Thanks! I've sent you a pm.
iliis
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby HUSSAR » 16 Sep 2018, 23:58

Hi Illis,
Interesting... I'm working on similar feature but with much better UI to display reclaim on the map. Basically, I created heat map of reclaim by dividing a map into sectors with equal sizes and quickly calculating which map sectors is worth more to reclaim. My code also includes reclaim value of trees in those map sectors. I added code to detect maps with unevenly spread reclaim and it also display how much reclaim is not evenly spread. You would be surprised by which side on regular Seton map has advantage at the start of the game by being closer to reclaim and having more reclaim than the other side!
FAF Feature - Unit Restriction Manager
HUSSAR

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 59 times
FAF User Name: HUSSAR

Postby keyser » 17 Sep 2018, 00:49

UNBALANCE ! UNRATE !
what is mod&map team doing ???
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby iliis » 17 Sep 2018, 16:17

Hi Hussar,

Cool! I tried that as well, but I found it to be much less visible/readable than using a bubble plot, where small clumps of reclaim are grouped together.
How do you read the reclaim of trees tough? Do you parse the map file itself somehow?
iliis
Crusader

Postby HUSSAR » 18 Sep 2018, 05:56

I reviewed your implementation and it has some advantages that I did not consider. However, you are basically doing the same thing by clustering reclaim with bubble plot. Your mod renders reclaims very well but I think performance might decrease in late game when there is a lot of reclaim. For best performance possiable, displaying reclaim should switch between your bubble plot and my map sectors, depending on zoom level and number of reclaim on the map.

I had to modify minimumLabelMass constant in prop.lua which means that you will have to change your mod to Sim mod instead of keeping it UI mod. I'm not sure if you want to change type of your mod. However, I'm planing to create a pull request that will give access to tree reclaim on UI side so I suggest you to just wait for it. Join our FAF channel on Slack and I can provide you details on how I got the reclaim of trees. My user name is also "hussar" on Slack.
HUSSAR

Postby HUSSAR » 18 Sep 2018, 06:10

keyser wrote:UNBALANCE ! UNRATE !
what is mod&map team doing ???

Unfortunately, the map team does not have access to tools that calculate balance of maps yet. I'm working on it and in a few weeks (b/c I need to finish a few other FAF features) they will be able to use. Ideally, map editors should provide the same calculation to balance maps so that map authors can check their maps before uploading them to map vault. That being said, FAF community and FAF lobby should have map verification enabled and displayed in map preview. Note that calculating map balance is a bit complicated because maps can divide players in a number of ways: North vs South, East vs West, NW vs SE Diagonal, NE vs SW Diagonal (e.g. Seton map). Unfortunately, this kind of map division is not set in maps but rather I had to infer it from locations of players and their relative distances from each other.
HUSSAR

Postby iliis » 18 Sep 2018, 10:32

Yeah, my current implementation is quite slow when there's a lot of reclaim. I have some ideas on how to fix that, but haven't yet gotten around to implement them ;) And yeah, grouping the reclaim in a grid will probably be the main thing.

Aah, there's a sim setting that allows you to see all the reclaim in the UI? Neat! But yeah, I'll wait for your pull request on that.
iliis
Crusader

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools