SupCom Android Project

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: SupCom Android Project

Postby GuardPatroller » 08 Aug 2012, 03:35

I played the web version, it's good though needs some work. If I may put in my suggestion...

Maybe instead of that bar or with the bar, have a hp counter, like next to the artillery make a small number say 2, then one. And on the ACU, the regeneration's terrible (if it exists)... I think you should have it say 100hp or something (10,000 divided by 100) and then have 1 regenerate every 3-5 seconds, like it is in the current SC:FA. (37 or so for 10k hp ACU)

Also, if we do a survival, like the first mission which I couldn't get past, display the number of units left at the top left/right or something. Maybe this can develop into a full browser-based game. But in order for it to do that, we may need for the T1-T3 PD to really work. And it's interesting how the bombers work and you could implement a type of DPS thing. If so, let the units come and then actually be able to build point defense.

In the repair menu, it's there, but when you click on a building, nothing happens. You should be able to pick a faction and build the PDs (idea: touch repair icon, touch on the pd that appears, then touch where on the screen to put it). Otherwise, it gets stale. What I was hinting at about DPS is having Cybrans and Aeons (if adding them in) be able to build a T3 Beam defense, a defense that fires beams.

Costwise, maybe have them do...

(Note: Since this game is simpler than SC2 and SC:FA and doesn't require an actual building of economical structures (and it's easy and playable on a phone because of it) then maybe you should compress to one resource, a measure of mass-energy equivalence, equal to, say, 1 mass + 1/100 energy with the ACU producing 2 mass-energy units per second.)
T1 pd: .5 dps, cost (50 meu)
T2 pd: 1.5 dps, cost (120 meu)
T3 pd: 4 dps, cost (250 meu)

Then if you do decide to put in economical structures, they can generate that resource, like
T1 production: 1 meu/s, (20 meu cost).
T2 production: 5 meu/s, (200 meu cost).
T3 production: 25 meu/s, (2000 meu cost).

That should probably be the limit if you want the browser based game to be the same as the phone game. Have those icons, for pd and eco, but make them smaller.

However, we are limited to survival modes. Maybe have pd be able to build a few of their tier of units like a factory, and if you select units (touch/click on one at a time to gradually select entire fleet) then you can touch somewhere on the map to get them moving. Maybe we can have a small AI base where the objective is to destroy his ACU or a structure in his base.
There, just my two cent. :geek:
GuardPatroller
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: TechnoGuard

Postby ozonex » 08 Aug 2012, 13:00

GuardPatroller wrote:That should probably be the limit if you want the browser based game to be the same as the phone game.

cool feedback and some good ideas, but, as i say in my last posts, I leave the mobile version and I'm trying to do full FA gameplay in web browser with some cool stuff from SupCom2 (pathfinding, better shaders, groups strategic icons etc.) This give us better modding support than oryginal game and should work on every PC : win, mac and linux

for now im have almost done unit selection, groups, formations, support 8 players + civilians. New build will be available today or tomorrow
FAF Map Editor Alpha v0.605 > Get it now!
ozonex
Priest

Has liked: 197 times
Been liked: 263 times
FAF User Name: ozonex

Postby Softly » 08 Aug 2012, 13:21

Incredible.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Postby Kryo » 08 Aug 2012, 15:05

ozonex you should really check copyrights and so on before you complete your work. I dont think SE will sue you but it would be possible. It is not something that you should take lightly.
Kryo
Evaluator

FAF User Name: Kryo

Postby ozonex » 08 Aug 2012, 16:17

you are right kryo, i thinking about that all the time. Next update will be propably last before gamescom. I need to talk with CT about that.

but i think best way will be make all staff from begining - create new game, new universe, new fraction, new units, new controls based on SupCom. But for that i need rly good people to help, 3d artists, designers - and for that i need money... yeah
Kickstarter? for that i need to show something, and it cant be game with SupCom graphics...

to make game popular i will add connection to facebook, Free to Play (something like Age of Empires Online ftp model with more PvP). You guys say that you are pro gamers, and you dont like that idea. But what is wrong with facebook notyfication "your freend was nuked on Desert Arena, help him now get revenge!" or some new skins for units or new single player/coop mision package for 1-5$? casual people like this, and this dont change hardcore gameplay.

i already talk with people from Revamp mod for supcom, they make rly great units, amazing graphics. But they dont want to work with me, they only want to make revamp mod.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/revamp-mod/im ... 2#imagebox

and another think... can i use strategic map/zoom in my game? can i use SupCom economy system? it is patented or something?
ozonex
Priest

Postby ozonex » 09 Aug 2012, 00:07

ok, still not everything that i say before works, but you can see that players, teams and selection work. Enemy units are visible all the time becouse i dont work on radars now.

by keys 1-4 in numpad you can change player. Player 2 and 4 are ally (team 2)

WATCH LATEST BUILD

ozonex
Priest

Postby ozonex » 10 Aug 2012, 23:35

you can now select units and give them order to move. For all players. Also player 1 have unit gropu strategic icon, like in SupCom2.

And for now... project is on hold, we need to talk with CT :)

WATCH LATEST BUILD

ozonex
Priest

Postby Beej » 24 Apr 2013, 12:32

Anything happening with this?

I thought the Andriod app was pretty cool!
Beej
Contributor

FAF User Name: Beej

Postby ozonex » 31 May 2013, 18:11

Sorry, but i stoped production because of copyrights to SupCom. Making game about other game was not a good idea.

In free time i also created Mini Planetary Annihilation (January)
http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewto ... 64&t=43193

And now im working on new RTS game for mobiles and on big mod for PA. This requires a lot of time from me, so I assume that something more will be known in November.
ozonex
Priest

Postby Shadows » 09 Jun 2013, 10:46

ozonex wrote:if someone is good in 3D graphics, or java/C# programming, then he can help me with this project :)

for now i realy needs someone who would deal with the import and optimization models, or creating a new

I know c# and im good with 3dsmax.
could i take part in the project?
Shadows

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times
FAF User Name: Shadows

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools