Alliance of Heroes Mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Alliance of Heroes Mod

Postby Azure_Spectrum » 09 Nov 2018, 04:10

Aw, I was enjoying how broken they were, but I guess its fair. I only wish you wouldn't touch the Seraphim ones, they are really underpowered when compared to the Battletech mechs and others.
Azure_Spectrum
Crusader

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Azure_Spectrum

Postby Franck83 » 09 Nov 2018, 11:39

Azure_Spectrum wrote:Aw, I was enjoying how broken they were, but I guess its fair. I only wish you wouldn't touch the Seraphim ones, they are really underpowered when compared to the Battletech mechs and others.

If Seraphim ones are underpowered, it's about total mayhem balance. I can compensate with alliance of heroes mod but maybe the best way is to send a message to the author of the mod. Or maybe uveso is doing maintenance on the mod.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby Azure_Spectrum » 10 Nov 2018, 17:29

Sorry I did not see how to change a experimental's class before it is built, was there something I missed?
Azure_Spectrum
Crusader

Postby Uveso » 10 Nov 2018, 17:48

Franck83 wrote:
Azure_Spectrum wrote:If Seraphim ones are underpowered, it's about total mayhem balance. I can compensate with alliance of heroes mod but maybe the best way is to send a message to the author of the mod. Or maybe uveso is doing maintenance on the mod.

If i find a modeller who is willing to donate his models to Total Mayhem then i will include it (only for seraphim)
Also T3 and experimental point defenses are welcome ;)
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby Franck83 » 11 Nov 2018, 10:53

Azure_Spectrum wrote:Sorry I did not see how to change a experimental's class before it is built, was there something I missed?

It's a UI limitation, i need to expand it. At this time you need a factory to change it.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Azure_Spectrum » 11 Nov 2018, 11:56

Ah sorry, thank you. Can't wait to change (without factories because they do not have all the building options) my experimental class to bard! I love how the song bonuses increase as they level up, so watching a group of heroes with the: song of wind and all using the move fast power is a sight to behold! I just want to say how thankful I am when playing this mod! The amount of enjoyment having a hero level up only to unlock better in initial and over all stats keeps the game going 3-4 hours in. I go back to my save games thinking about all the possibilities on how to upgrade my heroes. Range, rate of fire, damage, HP, armor, speed, and now I'm trying out the abilities! It's amazing just how powerful a Dreadnought class is with a Bard giving him magic regen can really be. It's like when I have tried one strategy, there's 10 more that also work.

Amazing stuff, simply amazing!
Azure_Spectrum
Crusader

Postby Franck83 » 26 Nov 2018, 17:27

-- Version 115
-- [Added] Base class choice on engineers so you can build bards and restorers Experimentals and defenses ! (a long time community request)
-- [Feature] you can now manually set AI Imperial troops difficulty in game. So you can use this mod in survival games ! (a long time community request)
-- [Balance] Increase XP earn on killing imperial troops. Better Health bonuses per level for player units.
-- [Fixed] Dread dissonance damage amount
-- [Fixed] Dread Dissonance UEF ACU autofired even if no enemies
-- [Added] for a smoother start game. A promoting lock system for ACU and promoting cost malus decreasing overtime
-- [Added] Imperial guards that protect AI ACU (only if you set your AI Imperial troops difficulty to 'trained' and over). Take care of your ACU, these guards are really strong.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 01 Dec 2018, 14:36

-- Version 116-124
-- [Fixed] Artillery damage insane bug.
-- Performance optimizations
-- [Fixed] General Armor was not capped.
-- Dread disonnance power unlocked on anti-air weapons
-- Promoting the ACU cost no more logistics.
-- [Fixed] Extractor and power gen bard buff wrong buff values.
-- [Enhanced] Rescue Guards AI ACU. Before Dying AI when difficulty in game is set over trained imperial troops, AI can spawn Heavy heroes troops (air, land) and sometimes some experimentals.
-- [Fixed] Logistics bug.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Azure_Spectrum » 12 Jan 2019, 15:29

Hello I am back again from dealing with things in the courts. Glad that's over now I can review and play this amazing mod more! I've heard good things about the newest version and I'm trying it out now. Also I want to see how much I may increase the player count as of previously testing it, I was using 2-4.

From what I've gathered from the mod so far is that by allowing the ACU to upgrade free of logistic points, it really helps with the survivability and importance of the commander. The funniest thing is upgrading the armor then adding nuke defense! Against 2 alx ai in skimish, they shot around 3 nukes in a row that could not kill my commander! The Total Mayhem mod does present a fun, if somewhat overpowered ability to upgrade experimentals which is something I wanted since the beginning and am very happy that it made its way in. Bards and Restorers are so strangely syncronized it makes it seem like sense to use different classes together in order to have a desired effect. I also like the dreadnoughts ability to upgrade weapon stats as it levels up, so increasing the range by +2 goes up by +1 every few levels! There's still too much I haven't tried in order to make a proper review.

Quick question, I noticed that the classes have secondary and third tier classes. Are these classes going to be added later or are these classes all that are available?
Azure_Spectrum
Crusader

Postby Franck83 » 12 Jan 2019, 15:49

Quick question, I noticed that the classes have secondary and third tier classes. Are these classes going to be added later or are these classes all that are available?

A lot of really exciting things need to be still released. The mod is at 25% from its full concept.

About classes: theses are what is initially planned
https://ibb.co/mP5rwL

At full release, you should be able to train powers too.

And you should be able to use at factory other hulls types :

It s a work in progress. I just fear that things become too complex. So i need to think about easy UI integration before release.
Just like this design rule : "Easy to handle difficult to master"

Then i would plan to add powers linked to weapon types (beams, cinetic, missiles...)

Concept is ready. On all this, i would like to add melee weapons and real shield block.
Franck83
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools