Alliance of Heroes Mod

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Alliance of Heroes Mod

Postby keyser » 11 Feb 2018, 16:41

will post here after testing, but i would prefer to contact you on slack next time if possible.

the limit of engineers consolidation is on purpose ? why does it change between different facto ? the number of level or something ?

can we have an explanation of different class ? eg : fighter, ardent, support and rogue

what does "train" button do ? doesn't seems to do anything (maybe just validate change ? in this case "ok" should be better)

the upgrade on the unit should take more time, when you increase the number you are doing at the same time. Right now, you can upgrade 1 or 12 level of upgrade with the same amount of time.
Also maybe show the % of the upgrade in a better way UI wise (like notify does or something similar)

i don't understand what does "Attack rating" do. doesn't seems to impact the dps at all.

Also maybe increase the price of unit overall, so you have less of them, and upgrading only few units become relevant, and you end up more easily with few upgraded unit with a gameplay like in a dota.

Also there is issue with height, gun range upgrade, and range upgrade from the specialization. you can have opponent unit in range of your unit but the unit won't fire, but as soon as you get close enough in range, you can get back in previous position while still firing and fire from there. I doesn't make a lot of sense.

will give you more feed back later.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Franck83 » 11 Feb 2018, 16:48

Hi Keyser,

All your question are answered on the detailed mod guide (you can find it in your mod folder) !
And i'm open minded in any changes !

About engineer consolidation : the max is 500 buildrate, and it's the same on all factories (idem on fatboy....) .Of course we can go higher !

The Fighter is the closest to the vanilla stats.
Rogue have better vision radius, and moving speed but but less dps and health. Their range upgrade is better.
Support have less dps can passive regen when idle and group repair when promoted
Ardent have less dps can passive transform damages in energy and health. Their upgrades are different (they can't have armors but they have damage radius upgrades, conversion to health and energy...)
If you move your mouse to the base class slot, it shows the stats.

ps : how to use slack ?
Last edited by Franck83 on 11 Feb 2018, 17:40, edited 2 times in total.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby PhilipJFry » 11 Feb 2018, 17:00

i can invite you to slack if you give me your email address (send it to me via pm on the forum/discord/irc)
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Franck83 » 11 Feb 2018, 17:06

keyser wrote:what does "train" button do ? doesn't seems to do anything (maybe just validate change ? in this case "ok" should be better)

It shows your attributes and skills level (usefull since most of them are auto training. See the guide).

You set move the Xp attributes priorities (they are saved on your template model).

i don't understand what does "Attack rating" do. doesn't seems to impact the dps at all.

Attackrating is the counterpart of defense rating. A high defensive rating unit can dodge fires. So you need to increase your attackrating to hit it. Long range direct fire weapons (you can have +30 range upgrades +40% heigh bonus) have less accuracy depending of the target distance. Increasing attack rating will hit with more success at higher range.

Also maybe increase the price of unit overall, so you have less of them, and upgrading only few units become relevant, and you end up more easily with few upgraded unit with a gameplay like in a dota.

You will see that simple promotion is not cost effective agaisnt vanilla unit. you need to use powers to be mass effective. And you cannot micro 10 heroes units at the same time. But any feedback is appreciated about unit promotion cost. I can of course higher it.

Also there is issue with height, gun range upgrade, and range upgrade from the specialization. you can have opponent unit in range of your unit but the unit won't fire, but as soon as you get close enough in range, you can get back in previous position while still firing and fire from there. I doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yes i'm on it. It's because the unit is granted of a tracking radius superior to unit range. Will fix it on next release.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 22 Feb 2018, 04:52

PRE-ALPHA 5 is out !

A complete class added : the Bard Class (promotion from Rogue and Ardent) and many fixes.

6 Exclusive Bard powers (Snare, Attack Speed Debuff, Strike with stun effect, Repair Chant, Health Recovery Chant, Movement Rate Buff, Damage / Power Damage Buff Chant, Power Capacitor Recovery Chant).

The guide is in the mod folder. Have fun :) !

Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 04 Mar 2018, 22:50

PRE-ALPHA 20 is out !!

A small video with recent changes in Alliance of Heroes MOD, if you missed the mod dev.

Please note this special feature that gives to some units the aggressive behaviour that lacks FA.

I'm really surprised to see a post 2000 game where artillery decimating bunching of units which simply don't react :shock: :shock: :shock: . Now you can set the behaviour when damage taken (aggressive, normal, defensive, standing)

Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 07 Mar 2018, 19:36

PRE ALPHA version 24 added to the vault !

-- [New Feature] Ressources (Mass and/or Energy) upgrades for Support Guardian SACU
-- [Fixed] Bard mass and energy buff on SACU that break vanilla ressources allocation.
-- [New Feature] Time based Passive Cloak for rogue promoted units
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 14 Mar 2018, 19:49

PRE ALPHA version 25 added to the vault !

-- [New Feature] Auto Cast function for powers.

Please note that this is an important feature that will save you a lot of apm during battle. Just right click on a power and it will be autocasted as long as you have enough capacitor power !
Now the apm use is same between heroes units and vanilla one.

Anyway, spending more apm on unit is still rewardful.

Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Franck83 » 06 Apr 2018, 12:39

Hi all FAF citizens,

After 2 months since the mod release and 420 games played (personally i played near 30 games mostly in campaign coop), it's time to make a global feedback and talking about the future mod releases :

Global feeback : . The global feedback is mainly good. Some players really love the mod. The main success is playing in coop campaign. By adding veterancy (factory buildrate bonus), the mod increases the AI difficult and it s fun. The last mod releases that lowered the apm usage (one click promote and upgrades, autocast powers) have received good returns. But most of players simply don't use templates and mod apm reducing features.

Mod learning curve is too hard : . Near 1/4 to 1/3 of players have difficulty to understand mod mechanics (Attack/defense Rating system, powers, upgrades...) and need special training. Because of the mod mechanics liberty and the high learning curve, it unbalances FFA games. I had near no high level players (>1800) feedback except Keyser, so that's a failure in this part. Near 30% players still don't know how to promote despite the mod guide and the complete in game tooltip system. The class system is provided to add a lot of deepness to the gameplay but it is still a lot confusing for part of players who has not RPG knowledge.

Future mod releases : It was a first time experience for me to build a working 14k line of code mod, fx creating...it s really interesting. And now it's time to conclude and talking about mod future releases :
1. the current mod will not receive any more future release. It have to correct 1 or 2 bugs then i will freeze this mod version in this current state. I think this current release reached the end of an idea. Some players love the mod in this state, with its deepness, that why i don't want to remove it from the vault.
2. If God gives me life, energy and motivation, i plan to release a mod variant with a much simplier and friendlier ui interface. With the experience gained in the current mod, i release that players simply don't read tooltips more than 2 lines of text. It's a modesty lesson, players simply want a mod with well known and intuitive mechanics.
So, i plan to :
- Remove the current class system (too much data, too confusing and too hard learning curve)
- Remove all current active powers and switching to a complete passive system (no apm usage)
- Remove all current unit's attributes (puissance, dexterity...)
- Add a skill tree system (spending global pool XP points in it)
- Add a upgrade/tech tree system (spending mass in it)
In this variant, the only apm usage will be reduced again and used mainly in building your hero unit.

I'm open minded in all feedback. Ty for all mod dev support from the FAF community.
Franck83
Evaluator

Postby Myxir » 06 Apr 2018, 19:47

Franck83 wrote: - Add a skill tree system (spending global pool XP points in it)
- Add a upgrade/tech tree system (spending mass in it)

hi Franck, those ideas are quite familiar to what i've started a while ago, but i never got around to make it really playable...

basically, the mods adds "perks" that are grouped in trees (so they may have a parent, aka a requirement to take them). they are bought with points, currently there are player and team points, the idea was that player points can buy perks that affect the only player, team points all, and team points are shared among the players of a team... from what i tested, that seemed to work already.
an idea how to get points was to occasionally get assignments, like capturing/destroying civ units

on the technical side, the sim layer sends perk information to the users, when users click a button (and have the required points), the chosen perk sim function is executed and the ui updates accordingly.

in case you want to play around with it, or even use some parts to speed up your development (because it's very unlikely that i'll spend much more time on it), i've attached the mod file

happy living coding
Attachments
PerkTrees.zip
(77.43 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools