LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Postby Resin_Smoker » 15 Jul 2018, 18:42

As i understand it, beyond AI improvements, LOUD incorporates a number of mods?
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby Sprouto » 15 Jul 2018, 22:31

It includes subsets of existing mods, adapted for use with LOUD, but fully separate from the core package so they can be turned on and off as desired. Likewise, the included mapset has been revamped to take advantage of what we've learned about marking and about how the AI uses markers.

While the AI is certainly one of the prime features, the performance of the whole package is also key.
Sprouto
Priest

Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby Resin_Smoker » 17 Jul 2018, 13:01

Assuming someone hasnt already done so...

If i thought there would be serious demand for it, i could release the 4DC units in a generic form for inclusion in LOUD. This would strip away all the specialized scripting and leave the just the units and some of their custom projectiles. Something like this wouldnt be a quick thing either as i’ve not touched these files in literally years.

Like i said it’s really up to the community if i would pursue this or not.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Been liked: 106 times

Postby MetaOntosis » 21 Oct 2018, 03:03

My problem with LOUD is that every time I set up a transport waypoint for MY OWN land forces, "HQ" has to tell me about it as if the enemy is doing this!
MetaOntosis
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: MetaOntosis

Postby Sprouto » 21 Oct 2018, 03:57

I think we could disable that particular voice-over since it's completely wrong.
Sprouto
Priest

Postby Azure_Spectrum » 25 Oct 2018, 05:07

Hi I don't know if I should be asking this question here so please do not get mad at me. I downloaded this mod a month ago but I did something dumb in the sense I wanted to force mod Battlefeel into the LOUD folder. Needless to say it didn't work. But now something else has happened where now none of the hit effects show up, so projectiles would fly towards the ground/unit, but no hit effect would show up. Can you help, please?
Azure_Spectrum
Crusader

Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Azure_Spectrum

Postby Sprouto » 25 Oct 2018, 19:16

No worries.

One of the many methods the LOUD uses to increase performance is to disable certain visual aspects that are controlled by the SIM thread - and this includes projectile collisions that take place on terrain (as opposed to those that take place on units). Many of these are controlled on a projectile basis and we have been slowly re-enabling some of those as the project progresses - so what you are seeing is quite intended.
Sprouto
Priest

Postby Azure_Spectrum » 26 Oct 2018, 00:57

Ah thank you, I must of deleted and reinstalled the mod 3 times now, at least I know now! Also may I ask, would you be including any sort of tvg or the like mod in the near future? I love the performance boost over playing the steam version, but the mods is what keeps me going back.
Azure_Spectrum
Crusader

Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Azure_Spectrum

Postby Sprouto » 26 Oct 2018, 02:28

We continue to develop the project and we consider all mods for inclusion. Some (like TVG) are simply to invasive to be included with LOUD, and while many mods will work with LOUD, due to the nature of the work we've done, many will not work or may interfere with the overall function of LOUD - you simply have to try them to know for sure.

By all means, come onto our Discord server and talk with us about what you use, and if we can make it fly.
Sprouto
Priest

Postby rytram » 05 Feb 2019, 03:25

i have a major issue.

i instructed my friend to download this and all that, everythiong i did, and we also made sure to have the same mods.

for some reason. even after we both made sure we were both up to date, he doesnt have the same map versions as i do. or he is missing maps/maps/[mapname]_scenario_lua. bla bla. some maps he will have a later version some i will. but in most cases our maps list simply do not line up.

plz help
rytram

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: rytram

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools