LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Postby Sprouto » 19 Apr 2018, 05:46

Greetings DoomWalker;

We're only too happy to help you.

Here is a OneDrive link to env.scd - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtavRlY9f0iyg7w1Kn0SAqdi7hPUgg

And another for units.scd - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtavRlY9f0iyhZh42XOkxJ1uFaudSg

Let us know if you need any other assistance.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby MandeR » 19 Apr 2018, 20:20

Hey Sprouto,

I know you guys are making frequent updates to the client. Is there somewhere we can see what has been updated when a new version is available?
MandeR
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: MandeR

Postby Sprouto » 19 Apr 2018, 22:58

That's a good question Mander - I'll let them know. I don't have anything to do with the Updater, but I will pass it along. Since migrating most of our communications over to ModDB and Discord, it's a lot easier to communicate with people, but it's still an uphill struggle.
Sprouto
Priest

Postby MandeR » 19 Apr 2018, 23:58

Sorry, I could have worded that better -- I was referring to updates to the mod itself, not the client used to update the mod.
MandeR
Crusader

Postby Sprouto » 20 Apr 2018, 02:06

I'm posting all LOUD updates on our ModDB page, but you're correct - while we do release something almost every Friday, I don't always announce what it is - but rather roll them all up in a single announcement every 3rd or 4th week. It's an old habit that's hard to break I guess..but I must try.
Sprouto
Priest

Postby Tanksy » 21 Apr 2018, 16:48

A brief, bulletpoint list of changes would be a nice addition to our usual update process. We're now set up using GitHub, Which lets us keep track of every change commited to the master build -- However, I do notice that not every commit comes with a full description or run-down of the changes in that commit. I myself have done a few commits in the past where the message has been briefly summing up only one of the changes as part of that commit. We really should enforce ourselves to post at least a short summary of the changes per commit. That way, any one of us can collate these changes and edit them into a "Changelog".

Sprouto already writes a healthy document of changes, which is a great read. It contains not only changes, but the rationale behind those changes and the plans for the future. The only issue with this -- it's wordy, and not really pointed out. It's the "Current FA Notes.txt" (Or something to that effect) burried in the Docs folder that comes as part of the updater's download. A short 'n' sweet list of changes accompanying this would be good for people who just want a quick run-down of the changes.

On one file we'll have, for example;
    3rd Week of April Update/LOUD 5.0:
  • Changed mantis to fly.
  • Mass extractors explode like nukes.
  • Erased king kriptor from existence.

and on the more detailed file written by Sprouto, we'll have these changes detailed -- the reasoning and whatnot. This might seem like adding extra work, but with Github being our history of changes anyway, it's no big deal for I or anyone on the team to compile these changes into a file. I also think we/Sprouto should label the merge or commit that signifies the final update for the week before it's rolled out.

So in GitHub we'd see (Or at least, something to this effect);
  • Commited this
  • Commited that
  • Merged everything with master - LOUD 5.0 rolls out here
Tanksy

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby MandeR » 22 Apr 2018, 03:59

That would be very helpful! I've read the updates on the ModDB page, which is very descriptive, but a succinct bulleted changelog would be awesome. Would probably be a good idea to split out changes/updates to the AI and changes made to the balance of the game itself.
MandeR
Crusader

Postby HTKatzmarek » 25 Apr 2018, 20:55

Here's a link for the 'gamedata' folder that will always be up to date, as this is where the updater program gets it's files from. If you do have trouble pulling down a specific file like 'units.scd', or 'env.scd', you will be able to get the files manually from here:

https://htkatzmarek.exavault.com/share/ ... l-7k8hke02
HTKatzmarek

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: HTKatzmarek

Postby Coppice » 12 Jun 2018, 17:07

Back again :D First LOUD managed to somewhat kill my game so I needed to reinstall (was kind of weird) (and I havent reinstalled LOUD yet), second is there any chance of using the Firey Explosions Mod with LOUD (havent checked it yet but I think it is unsupported atm). :D
Coppice
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Coppice

Postby Sprouto » 12 Jun 2018, 18:55

You are the second person to ask about this mod, but no, at this point we don't have support for it.
Sprouto
Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools