LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Postby Sprouto » 20 Mar 2018, 03:27

The one failed file is nothing to worry about. Terminator is adding some new options to the updater package and one of the support files is missing. I'm sure it'll be taken care of shortly.

The LandRatio is a dynamic value but I probably should explain it better.

As you may be aware, every unit in the game has a threat value, and one of the reasons that LOUD requires it's own unit database, and also why we adapt any mods we use, is that we have a series of formula that are used to give every unit in LOUD a threat value that is relative to what it is - and what it does. In this way - when LOUD is looking around the map, he can make much more informed decisions about where he can go and fight and where he cant and if it's worth it do so or not. LOUD will not be a mindless automaton and just throw himself away just because he can. The 'kitchen sink' attack is simply a 'pressure valve' that will flush him out, mostly to minimize traffic issues, but often to allow him to replace them with bigger ticket items.

The LandRatio is an overall average of enemy LAND threat versus his own overall LAND threat. Now - having said that - it's not perfect - it's only going to be as accurate as his intelligence gathering - and LOUD knows that - so he has other similar metrics that tell him if he's getting his intel reliably or not - and that too will impact his evaluation of threat.

At this point - as we tune LOUD in more specific ways - we are thinking that we may be able to reintroduce a feature that was laid out in the game, but never used. AI Personalities.

AI Personalities would be a small table of 'adjustments' to those trigger points that would allow one AI to be more aggressive while another would be less. Without the human player knowing what he's getting when the game starts.

Going back to your comment about scalability - there are a number of interrelated issues and their not all about the AI and his cheat level. More often than not, the map, the amount of mass, unit cap limits and the number of players are more a defining matter than the AI. That's why the LOUD team spends as much time going over maps as we do, mostly to find situations that put the players into team-oriented tactical situations that require a collective solution. Generally, we prefer the larger maps as we see them as providing an opportunity to push the player out onto the map - and give all that real estate some value - but also make the 'shoulder to shoulder' team defense situation much harder to come by.

Again, thanks for your comments. They all help us refine LOUD each and every day.
Last edited by Sprouto on 20 Mar 2018, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby HTKatzmarek » 20 Mar 2018, 16:56

@ ColdScout

The failed download file issue should be resolved, it's part of one of the new buttons on the new version of the updater. Sorry about the issue, trying to keep things straight as the primary FTP server hosting the files is case sensitive.

Thanks for pointing this error out!
HTKatzmarek

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: HTKatzmarek

Postby ColdScout » 20 Mar 2018, 21:24

HTKatzmarek wrote:@ ColdScout

The failed download file issue should be resolved, it's part of one of the new buttons on the new version of the updater. Sorry about the issue, trying to keep things straight as the primary FTP server hosting the files is case sensitive.

Thanks for pointing this error out!

No problem. Updated again, no errors this time.
Thank you for the quick fix.

@Sprouto

Thank you for your elaborate explanation. I'm looking forward to what you can come up with implementing these AI personalities.
ColdScout

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Enigma_01

Postby Domino » 25 Mar 2018, 22:38

HELLO!

Oh Oh Oh... what's this....

:)
Domino
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby Exotic_Retard » 25 Mar 2018, 22:49

huh havent seen you in a while domino, welcome back i guess? : D
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Domino » 25 Mar 2018, 22:56

Exotic_Retard wrote:huh havent seen you in a while domino, welcome back i guess? : D

Hi,

don't think i've ever seen you? :)

i'm not back, just passing through i guess..
i'm just going to clean up my "OLD" stuff before i delete it all..

thank's though pal for the welcome back...
:)
Domino
Priest

Postby Exotic_Retard » 26 Mar 2018, 00:13

deleting!?

man you gotta dump all your mods somewhere so the community can have them! especially that target priority painting one!

you already resurrected the ability to put custom videos into the game, who knows what other secrets you have been hiding!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Postby Domino » 26 Mar 2018, 01:07

Exotic_Retard wrote:deleting!?

man you gotta dump all your mods somewhere so the community can have them! especially that target priority painting one!

you already resurrected the ability to put custom videos into the game, who knows what other secrets you have been hiding!

i did? how did i do that? that said i do remember someone asking me a while back.. and i did tell them....
think i actually sent them the required files to do it..

i prolly havent got anything else to add tbh, i see there are some very capable scriptors here now.. no doubt they know what is what :) besides, what i offered then fell on deaf ears asit prolly would now... :)

that said i am going to just zip up all i've done and just put it in a post.. reason im here now... before i just delete it all..
its been sitting on my hard drive for like 3/4 years i think... its time to let it go, as i prolly wont be coming back to SC scripting... as forgot most of it now anyway lol..
Last edited by Domino on 26 Mar 2018, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
Domino
Priest

Postby Exotic_Retard » 26 Mar 2018, 01:11

yep, that was me, and thanks to your efforts the tools are not lost, and all the custom videos you saw in speeds tutorials were made. would be a shame if other such things disappear :<
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Postby Domino » 26 Mar 2018, 01:15

Exotic_Retard wrote:yep, that was me, and thanks to your efforts the tools are not lost, and all the custom videos you saw in speeds tutorials were made. would be a shame if other such things disappear :<

oh awesome, glad i helped then.. :)

can honestly now say i contributed something to the community.. :)

and here is some other stuff i did.. well me and Resin...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=thed0m1n0
Domino
Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools