LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Postby HTKatzmarek » 02 Mar 2017, 01:37

I'm starting a new thread here dedicated to the LOUD project. This project has been in development for many years, and is still being actively supported. The main reasons for the LOUD project include the following:

1) We needed an AI that would give an experienced player a challenge. This AI will definately do that, with multiple transports dropping troops on you, to late game platoons of experimentals heading your way. The AI will use effectively all of the units in included mods with this project.
2) The game speed as the number of units increased has always brought the game to a crawl. By tweaking allot of the game code, as well as the maps and unit files, the game speed has been improved drastically. This version of the game will now run 5000+ units at a game speed of 0, with 4 AIs and a 20 or 40 km map.
3) We wanted a more strategic game, rather than one based upon building swarms of units the fastest, building game enders the quickest, or swarms of the same unit to kill the commander. To that end, the game's units have been balanced over the years to give just this kind of game. You will have to rely upon your intellect and planning skills to try and overcome this AI or your PvP opponent.

We invite you try this game mod. Since allot of the files have been changed, we have written a custom program that will switch between the stock game and the LOUD project game. This program will also update the files used for the LOUD game. Check weekly, as usually there are updates.

You can download this program here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtavRlY9f0iyioJRy1AKRAk61lC5wA
This project has also been posted to ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/loud-ai-supre ... d-alliance
You can also reach us on our Discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/nwR2whN

Windows Defender may complain about this program, as it is written using the AutoIT programming language. This programs is safe. If you have any doubts, please post, or contact us via PM.

Please post with your comments, thoughts, observations, or problems. We will make every attempt to fix any issues reported, and consider any constructive comments for future enhancements. Also, once you have tried this mod, if you would like to join us for a game, we play almost every weekend. PM us for our teamspeak information.

Finally, any donations are greatly appreciated, and can be made at:
https://paypal.me/pools/campaign/108918107179038336
Last edited by HTKatzmarek on 03 Mar 2019, 19:05, edited 11 times in total.
HTKatzmarek

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: HTKatzmarek

Re: LOUD AI & Game Speed Improvement Project

Postby HTKatzmarek » 02 Mar 2017, 01:42

After conversations with IceDreamer, it appears we will be unable to integrate our project into the FAF environment. The LOUD project is written by modifying a large amount of files, including core units(.bp), maps, and .lua. This was necessary to give the sim speed improvement you will see in the LOUD version of the game. FAF does not appear to have any way to handle this type of game mod at this time.

Please feel free to download our game switcher program from the last post, and enjoy both versions of the game!
HTKatzmarek

Postby IceDreamer » 02 Mar 2017, 02:17

To clarify, LOUD itself is not compatible, but the principles of programming they've used to make it are. So the essence of LOUD, if you like, will be slowly brought into FAF. I suspect parts of FAF will also be brought into LOUD, as each project took a slightly different route to optimisation. I have high hopes that in the future enough changes will have been made that the LOUD AI can be brought into FAF.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby speed2 » 02 Mar 2017, 16:22

When switching back to original configuration, the original gamedata folder didn't move to right place and I found it inside gamedata.save
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby PhilipJFry » 02 Mar 2017, 17:02

The 3v3 version of setons that you distribute has some hydros placed on uneven terrain so you can't build them.
The LOUDER AIx doesn't try to expand properly and seems to make next to no units and way too much t1maa.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Sprouto » 02 Mar 2017, 17:19

Thanks. We've been alerted to the hydros on Setons and it should be altered by the weekend.

More specifically, which Seton's did you encounter this on - 20k, 40k or 80 ?
Last edited by Sprouto on 02 Mar 2017, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby PhilipJFry » 02 Mar 2017, 17:21

i did notice the AIx issues on Blasted rock as well as setons
i just tested the 20km version of setons

i just don't think that this is a good unit composition to start with
Spoiler: show
1st tank was made after min 10 or so, next to no additional factories

disclosure: i have basically 0 experience when it comes to playing vs AI so i have no clue what the regular AIx/sorian AIx would open with.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Sprouto » 02 Mar 2017, 17:58

LOUD will open differently depending upon map size and map type. Typically opening with land on smaller maps, or where an opponent is within a certain threat range. His initial build is also greatly impacted by nearby opponents, and what his intel is telling him. If the enemy is showing air, and is close, he may alter his construction demands accordingly. You'll notice standing base patrols, some exclusively dedicated to AA, and some to ground, depending upon threat conditions and the quality of his intel work.

As for base expansion, LOUD will not add additional factories unless his eco supports it, preferring instead to have constant production from those he does have. Likewise, his decisions to upgrade or enhance, are likewise bound tightly to his eco.

Just generally, in comparison to Sorian, he is much more aware and adaptive, preferring to remain mobile than investing in static defense. LOUD is specifically built for larger maps, and does have some weaknesses on any map of 10k or less. LOUD is generally NOT inclined to get into heavy base building unless there is reason to, but if so inclined, will get [i]very[i] busy.

Both the 20k (3 on 3) and the 40k (5 on 5) versions of Setons are getting a complete marker review today. Over the course of this project we've learned quite a lot about what works and doesn't work when it comes to marking a map for the AI, and I'll be honest, even though the maps included for use with LOUD have been given the once over -- many of them will benefit greatly from what we've learned since they were originally marked.

Again, thanks for ANY useful feedback.
Sprouto
Priest

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 74 times
FAF User Name: Sprouto

Postby HTKatzmarek » 03 Mar 2017, 16:08

@speed2 -- Can you post the log file from when you did the game switch, and the directory didn't rename properly?

Thanks
HTKatzmarek

Postby speed2 » 03 Mar 2017, 16:23

Code: Select all
23.2.2017 20:02:44 - SCFA Updater & Configuration Switcher version 3.01
23.2.2017 20:02:47 - Connected to primary FTP server
23.2.2017 20:02:52 - Downloaded SCFA_UpdVer.txt, Size = 6 bytes
23.2.2017 20:02:52 - 'root' directory cleanup complete
23.2.2017 20:02:54 - --'Switch Configuration' selected
23.2.2017 20:03:03 - Active & saved configurations swapped
23.2.2017 20:03:03 - *** Warning *** Saved configuration 'Loud' detected, but is missing 'loud.txt' in at least one subdirectory
23.2.2017 20:03:03 - *** Warning *** Active configuration is missing at least one required subdirectory
23.2.2017 20:03:03 - --'Switch Configuration' completed
23.2.2017 20:05:09 - Program closed by user
23.2.2017 20:05:09 - 'root' directory cleanup complete

only thing I had to do was to move gamedata foldeer from here
Code: Select all
Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\gamedata.save\gamedata
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Next