TvG Official Mod - TotalVeterancy

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: TvG Official Mod - TotalVeterancy

Postby Cuddles » 07 Mar 2017, 07:42

I was using the mod in a COOP mission - Mind Games, lots of patrolling units around for long periods of time. I don't know what the level of the units was, i just teleported somewhere and died 5 seconds later.

I will give it a go again, maybe it makes sense that the enemy bases and units gets stronger the longer you leave them.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby Stormrideron » 11 Mar 2017, 22:23

TvG v1.14 balance changes updated.

TvG v1.15 balance changes updated.
Stormrideron
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Stormrideron

Postby Stormrideron » 12 Mar 2017, 21:20

TvG Official v1.18 is out for play.

Includes new perks and major changes from v1.15 to v1.18.

Happy TvGing :ugeek:
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby Stormrideron » 14 Mar 2017, 17:53

TvG Official v1.20 is out now with several changes.

Happy TvGing :geek:
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby Leviathan3 » 15 Mar 2017, 02:21

I was looking through my game.log while diagnosing an unrelated issue, and I saw a few warnings that are probably related to TvG. It's up to you if you want to fix them, but I'd appreciate it if you did.

Code: Select all
warning: *WARNING: Tried to apply a buff with an unknown affect type of Range for buff VeterancyPerkRange

It looks like the range perk is supposed to apply a 5% range increase, but it has no effect because uses "Range" as the Affects type instead of "MaxRadius".

warning: Error running lua script: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\unit.lua(4704): attempt to call field `IsInCombat' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
            ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\unit.lua(4704): in function <...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\unit.lua:4679>

This one showed up a lot. In the IsInCombat function in Unit.lua, you call oldUnit.IsInCombat, but I don't think the previous definition had a function by that name. If you're calling the original class's function for compatibility with another mod, maybe check if the function exists before calling it? Otherwise you could probably just remove that line.

warning: Error running OnCreate script in Entity urc1101 at 6e75ee08: ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\unit.lua(4165): attempt to perform arithmetic on field `xpTimeStep' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
            ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\unit.lua(4165): in function `OnCreate'
            ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\unit.lua(4758): in function `OnCreate'
            ...gramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\unit.lua(5080): in function `OnCreate'
            ...data\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\defaultunits.lua(57): in function <...data\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\defaultunits.lua:56>
            [C]: in function `CreateUnitHPR'
            ...rever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\scenarioutilities.lua(745): in function `CreatePlatoons'
            ...rever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\scenarioutilities.lua(1702): in function `CreateArmyGroup'
            ...ce\maps\scca_coop_r03.v0010\scca_coop_r03_script.lua(241): in function `OnPopulate'
            ...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\siminit.lua(168): in function <...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\siminit.lua:160>
            ...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\siminit.lua(277): in function <...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\siminit.lua:273>
            ...ogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\siminit.lua(356): in function `BeginSession'

This happened a few times at the beginning of a campaign mission. I think your function that modifies the blueprints doesn't set Economy.xpTimeStep for certain campaign-related units (civilian buildings, maybe?). The XPOverTime function in Unit.lua exits if there's not a value there, but the OnCreate function always tries to multiply it by 0.002, which causes the errors. The simplest solution is probably to move that math into the XPOverTime function.
Leviathan3

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Leviathan3

Postby Cuddles » 16 Mar 2017, 08:44

Hello,

There is something weird going on with the sera ACU restoration field upgrade, it stops all regen in the area and gives no bonus.
Cuddles
Contributor

Postby Stormrideron » 18 Mar 2017, 14:42

Leviathan3 wrote:I was looking through my game.log while diagnosing an unrelated issue, and I saw a few warnings that are probably related to TvG. It's up to you if you want to fix them, but I'd appreciate it if you did.

warning: *WARNING: Tried to apply a buff with an unknown affect type of Range for buff VeterancyPerkRange

It looks like the range perk is supposed to apply a 5% range increase, but it has no effect because uses "Range" as the Affects type instead of "MaxRadius".

Fixed.

This happened a few times at the beginning of a campaign mission. I think your function that modifies the blueprints doesn't set Economy.xpTimeStep for certain campaign-related units (civilian buildings, maybe?). The XPOverTime function in Unit.lua exits if there's not a value there, but the OnCreate function always tries to multiply it by 0.002, which causes the errors. The simplest solution is probably to move that math into the XPOverTime function.

If I move that into XPOverTime Function, then the units can't level up while idle. I will explore further into this to see if there are a different solution to that and the campaign-related units is pretty much meaningless.

Cuddles wrote:Hello,

There is something weird going on with the sera ACU restoration field upgrade, it stops all regen in the area and gives no bonus.

It might be due to extremely low health regeneration. I have boosted the overall health regeneration by 50% which should help make a difference.

---

TvG Official v1.31 is out! Happy TvGing! :twisted:
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby Cuddles » 18 Mar 2017, 21:48

upgrading RAS also removes previous e bonus and you no longer get any e bonus from vet. it's better to not upgrade ras.
Cuddles
Contributor

Postby Stormrideron » 19 Mar 2017, 02:56

Cuddles wrote:upgrading RAS also removes previous e bonus and you no longer get any e bonus from vet. it's better to not upgrade ras.

Seraphim Aura Regeneration is fixed now.

I will look more into RAS and Cybran Cloaking Enhancement as of now it is a little buggy atm.
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby Stormrideron » 19 Mar 2017, 18:33

TvG Official v1.40 is out now.

I also recently added TvG Official on GitHub, if you have spare time to fix the bugs and/or add new feature, feel free to make contributions!

Any new ideas, suggestions, shoot a message and we will try to incorporate into TvG Official mod.

TvG Official @ GitHub
Stormrideron
Crusader

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools