TvG Official Mod - TotalVeterancy

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

TvG Official Mod - TotalVeterancy

Postby Stormrideron » 24 Feb 2017, 01:46

TvG Official Mod

Current Version:1.66
Author: Stormrideron
Special Thanks: Eni, Ghaleon, Viba, Lewantics for their works.

TvG Official on GitHub

TvG or known as TotalVeterancy Game is based by Eni who first created TotalVeterancy Mod. It is an unique mod that allows all units, structures and anything to level up through killing enemy units, upgrading, assisting, or simply by being idle at slower pace. This mod is worked by Stormrideron and Lewantics, currently maintained by me to add features and changes as it is deemed necessary to keep game balanced.

Here is idea of how TvG works, basically Tier 1 will have easy time levelling up due to it being easy to get killed, weaker and have way less value compare to advanced units. Tier 2 levels up slower than Tier 1 units but faster than Tier 3 units. And so on with Experimental Units being the slowest and hardest to level up to keep it balanced and it generally have better stats than basic units. You also can try attacking enemy base to level up the other way, but beware if they successfully defended against your attacks, they become more stronger and you become weaker. So plot your move carefully.

Previous TotalVeterancy mod is plagued with it compatibility for Nomads and BlackOps, resulting in bugs that needs to be fixed. This official mod achieves it by changing from specific commanders to global commanders that affects them all instead of requiring ID unit, allowing greater flexibility for this mod to play with or combine with other mods, regardless of the game setting.

Without further ado, it is about time FAF Community can finally play TvG that is balanced and works with Nomads / BlackOps and other Units Mods. You can find TvG Official Mod in FAF Mod Vault. To activate it, just turn it on.

If you find any bugs with TvG Official Mod, please PM me so we can fix it.

Happy TvGing! :D
Last edited by Stormrideron on 05 Apr 2017, 00:14, edited 57 times in total.
Stormrideron
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Stormrideron

Re: TvG Official Mod - TotalVeterancy

Postby Franck83 » 24 Feb 2017, 03:11

Finally did. Good teamwork between Lews and Storm. I gave it a look and it's nice ;) !
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby Stormrideron » 25 Feb 2017, 02:29

TvG Official 1.04 is up for grab to play! Enjoy :D
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby zingo7 » 26 Feb 2017, 17:04

It still has bugs.

Level up is slow compred to past tvgs- yes you can easy reach level 30/60 but after that its a pain.

You have to remember that some survivals have their own tvg for enemy and player acu cant keep up.

Kudos for making this happen- I would say tvg is partially working- itll be months of trial and error once all the bugs are out and the mod works properly.
zingo7
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: zingo7

Postby Stormrideron » 26 Feb 2017, 19:21

TvG Official v1.06 is out for gameplay! v1.06 changelist included in first post.

zingo7 wrote:Level up is slow compred to past tvgs- yes you can easy reach level 30/60 but after that its a pain.

Level Rate formula has been changed, so when your unit is in combat they will gain experience at faster rate.

zingo7 wrote:You have to remember that some survivals have their own tvg for enemy and player acu cant keep up.

Then you should try using units, defensive structures to help out with your ACU. The goal of this TvG isn't to make ACU overpowered and endgame unit, but rather to encourage using units as well.

zingo7 wrote:Kudos for making this happen- I would say tvg is partially working- itll be months of trial and error once all the bugs are out and the mod works properly.

Thanks, I saw your feedbacks. I will find out what's causing hydroplant to reset their level after upgrade and other issues that you listed.
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby Stormrideron » 03 Mar 2017, 02:51

v1.07 is out for play now.

v1.08 is out for play now.

TvG Official v1.11 is now available with addition of perks and bunch of balance tweaks.

Happy TvGing! :D
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby Stormrideron » 06 Mar 2017, 04:37

TvG v1.12 is out!

Happy TvGing! :geek:
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby Cuddles » 06 Mar 2017, 23:06

Thanks for all the work, this is one of the best mods. Two problems though.

Can't say i like this xp over time for everything. The super acu you build up that just dies to two random gunships that did nothing the while game isn't fun.

Also the shield upgrades for UEF becomes a pain, it draws more power than you can ever possibly generate.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby Stormrideron » 07 Mar 2017, 02:25

Cuddles wrote:Thanks for all the work, this is one of the best mods. Two problems though.

the shield upgrades for UEF becomes a pain, it draws more power than you can ever possibly generate.

Thank you for good feedbacks.

I will plan to make a minor adjustment to the shield energy consumption. I wanted the shields to be good and provides protection to ACU early in the game but become more costly and expensive to hold it up as your ACU become stronger. So that it is possible for you to drop shield in favor of more firepower, vision or other back upgrades that the faction ACU upgrades offer.

The super acu you build up that just dies to two random gunships that did nothing the while game isn't fun.

Which tier is the gunship? And Also that is another reason to use defenses and units to help out. The purpose isn't to focus the end game directly at ACU but to make the focus spread out so that units, defenses and other game-play strategies can be utilized.
Stormrideron
Crusader

Postby Stormrideron » 07 Mar 2017, 04:27

TvG Official v1.13 is out now for play. Enjoy!
Stormrideron
Crusader

Next

Return to Mods & Tools