Balthazar's Mod Requestathon

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Balthazar's Mod Requestathon

Postby Balthazar » 07 Sep 2016, 02:44

I short introduction before I begin, so you know who I am and what I am capable of; I am Balthazar, creator of BrewLAN (source code).

Now, I may live to regret what I am about to say, but I am bored and will entertain, at least, the first 3 mod requests, and will give them at least 3 hours each by the end of the coming weekend, and then post the results. Now, this may be a total shitshow, but the worst thing that can happen is 9 hours of toil and nothing. So let's see where this ends up.
Balthazar
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Balthazar

Re: Balthazar's Mod Requestathon

Postby Exotic_Retard » 07 Sep 2016, 03:21

Balthazar wrote:Now, I may live to regret what I am about to say, .

please do!
i have a list!

even one of these features would be a lovely undertaking!

1. t2/3 artillery - add a barrage mode to it
Spoiler: show
t2 - 3-5 shots in clip -3-500mass per shot
an extra weapon with special shots - that load like a missile silo and can be fired rapidly if needed.

t3 sera - 3-5 shots in clip - 1000mass per shot

the interesting one is the sera t3 arty which launches a lightning storm, but it uses all its ammo in one shot. the more ammo used, the stronger/longer lasting it will be.
it should be stopped by shields though

2. improve novaxes with jamming - "drops" fake units that dont move
add special jamming code to the novax that makes it drop radar signatures everywhere it goes, for maximum confusion!
to explain the signatures should not move like they do now. (or move but like real units would, with pathfinding and so on, arranging into formations, ect)
while we are at it might as well copy that feature onto all other units with jamming, since current jamming is a bit poor.

4. have a look at making super tall shit like the chicken visible to surface intel while underwater.
currently stuff thats on the water is in the seabed layer, which means we cant see it on radar, but it can shoot us if its weapons are above water!
it would be great if we had some way of telling if its above water or not and letting us see it somehow.

5. Reduce damage to submerged units
submarines are cool and all, but its always a little strange how a weapon hitting the waters surface deals full damage to them all the time. it would be great if we could somehow reduce the aoe for underwater targets (so you dont hit subs deep underwater with a 1.5 aoe weapon) or to reduce the damage they take while underwater, or both!

6. seraphim lightning tank meltdown feature
so the t3 maa for seraphim, the lightning tank (added during faf patches) is a nice little aa unit, but seraphim in general are a little lacking in interestingness, and since they command the power of lightning, it would be very awesome to have a "reactor meltdown" feature where the lightning tank overloads and releases a lightning storm!

the less hp it has left, the weaker the storm, and it would need to stay still for a second or two to create the storm, destroying itself in the process

7. aeon unit and structure animations
as the observant players in supcom have noticed, the aeon have a bunch of unpacking units and structures. they are awesome!
the issue is that not all of them have this amazing feature, and i think that every unit and structure deserves some sort of pack/unpack animation!

if you havent seen the animations yet, just create a sandbox and spawn a hydro, its amaaaazing!

we can then add lots of cool things like increasing the hp of the unit while disabling its functions (i believe that the 4DC mod does something similar)

if any of these could become real, i will love you forever!

(also if you need more ideas theres a lot more where that came from, me and a buddy have a mod planned that needs a lot of new units and mechanics)
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Gorton » 07 Sep 2016, 03:27

I agree with these ideas, also you're missing point 3 exotic
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Blackrobe » 07 Sep 2016, 08:19

Finally joined the party hey Balth ;)

Hmm....wonders what he could first time request. Ok, how about this: buildable hero ACU's with custom textures. (buildable via Quantum Gate) :D
Blackrobe
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Blackrobe

Postby nine2 » 07 Sep 2016, 10:33

I want a disposable use-once transport dropship that unloads instantly with no pause (thus doesnt get shut down) but kinda crash lands and deals a random amount of damage to the units.

However if you built it as a mod i wouldn't use it unless it got integrated. :)
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby biass » 07 Sep 2016, 11:03

Make the scathis launch fire beetles.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Balthazar » 07 Sep 2016, 19:17

Exotic_Retard wrote:5. Reduce damage to submerged units
submarines are cool and all, but its always a little strange how a weapon hitting the waters surface deals full damage to them all the time. it would be great if we could somehow reduce the aoe for underwater targets (so you dont hit subs deep underwater with a 1.5 aoe weapon) or to reduce the damage they take while underwater, or both!
Started with this one, because I already had a similar code I could repurpose for it. 40 minutes in I have what could be finished mod if I was lazy and just applied a flat multiplier, but I am now about to go and cook and eat some cheese on toast whilst I read this article (Calculating the Effect of Surface or Underwater Explosions on Submerged Equipment and Structures) because I'm going to do this with something resembling realism.

Edit: LOL NOPE TL;DR
Here it is: https://github.com/The-Balthazar/Requestathon

WaterGuard: The damage units in the sub or seabed layers take is equal to damage divided distance from the top of the unit, as taken from MeshextentsY or SizeY or 0, to the center of the explosion; to a minimum of 1.
Balthazar
Crusader

Postby Balthazar » 07 Sep 2016, 22:14

biass wrote:Make the scathis launch fire beetles.
Terrible person!
Have your crazy OP artillery: https://github.com/The-Balthazar/Requestathon

ScathingBeetles: The Scathis projectiles look like Fire Beetles, and said projectiles behave like the normal projectiles unless they hit terrain or a prop, in which case they spawn a Fire Beetle with 40-80% health and orders to attack the target location. It's sickeningly effective. It's like a more powerful version of my drop-pod artillery.
Balthazar
Crusader

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 07 Sep 2016, 22:56

I as the author of 4/6 retard idea very likely pleased for
Baragge shots <3

And have one less complicate and much more important stuff and that is

- make repair funcion cost only energy and no mass. But do it in way that will not be able abuse it to construct unfinshed building/units by repairing them (and avoid pay mass)

This will open the new door to beautiful room.
Please Please Please...

(and then that Baragge funcion ligtning tank, Aeon animation... ... I think that we should be freinds i can make realy good coctails and can Cook perfect pasta! And have about 4Page of new ideas where more as half im not able to write by myself)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Aulex » 08 Sep 2016, 00:08

Allow mobile factories to build while moving
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Next

Return to Mods & Tools