hotkey labels

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: hotkey labels

Postby Myxir » 15 Sep 2016, 09:53

Your game.log suggests that there is no UserKeyMap in your game.prefs. The cause of that is probably that you don't have a valid game.prefs (there's a bug that renders it useless, see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13022).

Code: Select all
warning: Error running CreateGameInterface script in CScriptObject at 1db860a4: ... alliance\mods\hotkeylabels\modules\hotkeylabels.lua(145): attempt to loop over local `savedPrefs' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
            ... alliance\mods\hotkeylabels\modules\hotkeylabels.lua(145): in function `getKeyTables'
            ... alliance\mods\hotkeylabels\modules\hotkeylabels.lua(96): in function <... alliance\mods\hotkeylabels\modules\hotkeylabels.lua:95>
            ...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(960): in function `CreateUI'
            ...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(408): in function <...\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:402>

Here's a version of the mod that at least should not bug out if your preferences can't be loaded, otherwise it's identical.

Edit: had to reupload the mod since the game does not like a version number "1.4.1", just didn't load
Edit2: uploaded 1.4.2 as i forgot removing some log spam in 1.4.1
Attachments
hotkeyLabels.zip
(61.14 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Last edited by Myxir on 16 Sep 2016, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby ZeRen » 16 Sep 2016, 19:05

Myxir wrote:ok i decided to work on the order hotkeys, here's the result

it also works for many other things which are not displayed, like shooting sml/tml, teleporting, submerging, transport, ferry, ...

notable things:
- this works for pretty much everything i tested, except: toggle generic, toggle special, toggle attackmodes. none of them seems to do a thing
- "toggle all" might be the best hotkey ever. works for shield, shield domes, radar, sonar, omni, cloak, jamming, stealth field and even eye scrying, i recommend using this one.
- if you have multiple keys performing the same task, only one will be actually displayed.

I have verzion 1.4.1 and it doesnt show colored shortcuts, for example I have reclaim as shift+Q and the button doesnt has any letter ( doesnt work all so for rest shift+" " shortcut)
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby Myxir » 16 Sep 2016, 20:33

ok i'm allowing shift-modified keys again, but uncoloured atm (as i can't be bothered to add more colours)
the more interesting part now is that keynames with a length of two will be allowed aswell, but have a smaller text to fit properly

for now i'm running out of stuff to do (except fixing speed's annoying bug), don't expect much in the next time
Attachments
hotkeyLabels.zip
(79.66 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Myxir
Evaluator

Postby Morax » 21 Sep 2016, 15:24

Kudos, Washy. I always forget some of the less-used hotkeys like making t2 arty, but this should help greatly ! :D

Now, if only someone could fix the unit types in the hotkey assignment list (especially the ones that run off the window) that would be stellar. :)
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby thetrav » 24 Sep 2016, 05:49

Thanks for making this. I have never learned any hot keys at all, this will help me be a better player
thetrav
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: thetrav

Postby tatsu » 24 Sep 2016, 11:51

Myxir wrote:i'm not really using hotbuild to its full extend, because i don't memorize the buttons for the units in factories well.
so now i've tackled that.

old pics, look in later posts for pics of newer versions
Spoiler: show

this should work for any key combination that is less than two characters long (for example a single letter will work, but not something like 'space' or 'comma', just becaus the text length would be inconvenient)
naturally, this works for all factions and for your individual keybinding setup (unless the names of your keys are too long).

report bugs/problems
either here or on git https://github.com/Bra1nwash3d/faf-hotkeyLabels

some units (e.g. mobile t3 AA seem to miss in hotbuild itself, so no hotkeys for them)

download mod:

extract, put into C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods and enable in the mod manager

:shock: Oh my .........................F*******KIN GOD!
tatsu
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 1952 times
Been liked: 171 times
FAF User Name: tatsu

Postby bratrstvoNODKane » 15 Feb 2017, 19:30

Is this mod working with units from other mods?
bratrstvoNODKane
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: bratrstvoNODKane

Postby Myxir » 15 Feb 2017, 19:49

generally, everything that is usable with the default hotbuild keys (factory cycle, ...) also gets a label. i suspect that most unit mods don't extend hotbuild however, so that's unlikely.
just test it out in FAF, it's been integrated recently, no need to download anymore
Myxir
Evaluator

Postby bratrstvoNODKane » 15 Feb 2017, 20:26

Myxir wrote:generally, everything that is usable with the default hotbuild keys (factory cycle, ...) also gets a label. i suspect that most unit mods don't extend hotbuild however, so that's unlikely.
just test it out in FAF, it's been integrated recently, no need to download anymore

I dont see it in game or options.
bratrstvoNODKane
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: bratrstvoNODKane

Postby Myxir » 15 Feb 2017, 21:24

afaik there are no options for that (yet), you just have to set the hotkeys as shown in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5HJa9N_9ww to get the labels
Myxir
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools