d[e]cals - collecting your clan icons!

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

d[e]cals - collecting your clan icons!

Postby Myxir » 24 Jun 2016, 20:23

i guess you've seen the Decals_UI mod by green nymph, so Exotic_Retard and i thought about going a step further:
very subtle [e] clan hint in its name

we're showing clan icon, clan label, and faction icons for all players (and possibly personal icons in the future)

in the case that some icons are not available for a player (he's not in a clan, there's no pic for his clan, ...) the mod will simply choose another layout and e.g. place a big faction icon instead of what you see in this pic

what do we want YOU to do?
we want to collect a clan icon (and optionally also a clan label) from every clan that has at least 5 members, we'll include those pics in this mod, and upload this mod to the vault once that's possible again and we got some nice pics

In short, get someone from your clan make a nice icon and a nice label for your clan with following guidelines:
- the picture/label are non offensive, not copyrighted by someone else, and generally common sense applies to your choice (otherwise we simply ignore it)
- the picture is black/gray/white and fits the current colour scheme. check the spoiler for more

read this to use the current version + add your icon
Spoiler: show
the layout of the icons is looking like this:
(blue personal/clan icon, gray clan label, pink faction icon)

so it's a good thing to include this knowledge into pic design.
(retard added a spawn.psd inspiration file, you might want to take a look at, to the mods folder)

Install:
- download the current mod version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8qswvyxjr4cv ... s.zip?dl=0
- extract the mod to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods\d[e]cals\ so that there are the folders /decals, /hook, /modules and some files in that folder

Add icons:
this is very simple. just drop the .dds files in the correct folders, with matching names (matching your clan tag or player name)
clan label and icon in \decals\clan_labels and \decals\clan_icons

future plans
- upload this mod with quite some clan icons/labels to the vault
- add personal icons with some earning system (contributing, topX in ladder, ...), code is mostly there already
- possibly use the death icons and also send death notifications to other players so that everybody places the decal
- fix yet unknown bug
- fix more yet unknown bugs

please upload your clan icon/label either here or pm me with them
Last edited by Myxir on 25 Jun 2016, 16:46, edited 3 times in total.
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Re: d[e]cals - collecting your clan icons!

Postby Exotic_Retard » 24 Jun 2016, 20:34

on top of what washy said,
the pictures need to be good. and i mean it! we will be stringent with our picking so they better be amazing.

-check the psd. there is a layer style on the e clan logo that you can copy over to a simple black outline, and set the fill of that layer to 0 to get the same effect.
-the image should be pure black with the alpha channel making the actual image. thats how dds works so make sure its right.
-you want to submit a logo (300x300) and a clan label/name (100x300). we wont be resizing our decals to fit your 40x20 one.
-dont put label into logo. if you want you clan name to be seen, but it as a separate image. also, the label is optional.
-for the label you dont have to use the same font as we did, but you do have to make sure its the same opacity
-i wont be taking requests of some poor clan begging me to make their logo for them
-again, we keep the right to refuse the logo because we dont like it. you can use it in your own mod as much as you like, and you will be able to see it np.

have a nice day
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby VioletAnia » 26 Jun 2016, 13:45

just wanted to put in a quick side note, this is awesome, good work!!! =D
VioletAnia

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: VioletAnia

Postby speed2 » 26 Jun 2016, 14:12

VioletAnia wrote:just wanted to put in a quick side note, this is awesome, good work!!! =D

I know what you want to say and the answer is no, no hello kitty icon :P
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Morax » 27 Jun 2016, 19:24

Maybe in time we can also award personal unit models for people - sort of like the custom skins/guns for CS:GO

This is a f'ing awesome idea, guys - real good work!
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby svenni_badbwoi » 23 May 2017, 14:18

i made some alterations: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14623
svenni_badbwoi

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 44 times
FAF User Name: svenni_badbwoi

Return to Mods & Tools