Transport loading

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: Transport loading

Postby Exotic_Retard » 10 Mar 2016, 14:13

Anihilnine wrote:Ui mod won't cut it because ui mod can't issue orders
im pretty sure washy's bomber mod would disagree : )
inb4 im horribly wrong as usual
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby TheKoopa » 10 Mar 2016, 14:16

Washy Autoplay UI Mods (tm)
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby nine2 » 10 Mar 2016, 23:14

Ok to give a longer explanation. The only way to do it is via the same mechanism as washy autobomber mods and because of this, he got me to agree not to actually make the transport mod because it would publish the mechanism and teach other modders how to be bastards. So, it needs to be integrated instead.

Re my mod, its just part of the ui party mod... select a hundred units and hit the key to split into ten groups (which you will need to bind) and it intelligently decides which units go in which group. Then you can switch through the groups quickly using a different key (which you will need to bind).

At the moment the mod has a million uses (eg sending 10 scouts in 10 directions) but one I used is to load transports. I get 10 bricks, split into 5 groups, then quickly load them into transports manually ... so I have to 1x (split button) and 5x(press switch button then click transport). It works fine but normally my problem is not knowing which transports haven't been loaded yet... which ones to click on.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Iszh » 11 Mar 2016, 12:26

I thought the same splitting into groups would work. Somehow while testing a bit i noticed that the loading function is bugged in game. If you select for example 10 t1 arti and 3 t2 transport planes then press u and click somewhere -> one transport plane is loading and despite an unload order does not move anymore, two planes simply fly away emty and units not loaded simply run to the place where they should be loaded and create a blob of units bumping agaisnt each other. It shows that the game atm cant split the units correct. This command does not work when more than one plane is selected .... Problem appears because there are no "load" and unload buttons. It is the same button. In fact it is only an unload button which includes somehow loading partly but not correct. You can right click a plane with a unit or a unit with a plane but there is no button command in the game for this like -> select 1 unit and 1 plane -> press 1 button and the unit will be loaded.

Since in the beta ferry is replaced with a marker like function would be great if you can add the ferry "marker" next to the markers and use the free button slot in the units for introducing a load button which clearly is for loading units only and is able to split them if you selected several transports and land units. To spread them equally thats already luxury but even the basic function is not in the game :(

An additional advantage is that you can even while not having a trans plane create ferry routes while beeing idle.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools