UI MOD - Supreme Score Board (Improved Game Replay)

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: UI MOD - Supreme Score Board

Postby Aulex » 07 Oct 2015, 06:17

Another thing, IDK if possible to fix is that the mass income includes reclaim income, IMO it would be nice to separate the two.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby HUSSAR » 07 Oct 2015, 23:34

Petricpwnz wrote:No words, this is amazing :D great job

Edit: Found some stuff to fix: If you have full share (and/or unit cap share ?) this mod shows that game is unranked, but these conditions don't affect if the game is ranked or not. Also you have "Game quality" bar there which tells that "game quality based on network connection between players". Do you actually get data on network somehow? Because what people normally call "game quality" in lobby is just how balanced the teams are, so not sure if you mean that game quality or a completely different thing.
Ah and final thing i just noticed, "no tactical nuke missiles" in the restriction should be "no strategic nuke missiles" :D
Edit 2: Was watching a replay when suddenly "RULE_#somenumber Player #name has build an experimental!" was worried that it works in game too, not only in replay, but from a short test it seems as though it's all ok. Interesting feature though, necessary for some certain casters :D

Thanks Petricpwnz for your feedback and I really appreciate that you tried my mod :D I'm aware of most of these bugs and I'm already working to fix them in the next version (coming this weekend). Also, I will fix rest of issues that you mentioned and a few other small mistakes that I made in this mod (e.g. list of activated mods).

Yes, the notification about built experimental units, is displayed only in replay session because it depends on access to all players' score data. Ideally, this message should be displayed in the score board as an pulsating icon/graphic so that it does not confuse an observer about notifications of dead players. There is no cheating in score data and as matter of fact, even allied players (in game session) do not have access to information about their teammates' units or economy info. I think that the game should share info about score data among allied players in game session. Also, I wish that the score data was categorizing units by their tech level and unit type rather just counting the total in air/navy/land category. This way, I could display other notifications about finished units (e.g. nukes, T3 arty) which should be useful for the game casters. I know that there are other mods that show notifications about units of the current player and someone could create a Sim mod to get all info about players. However, Sim mods cannot be used with replay games that did not have them activated so my goal is to keep improving this UI mod for better experience of watching replay games.

I think that both sharing score data among allied players and categorizing units by their tech level and unit type, should be relatively easy change to make in aibrain.lua file. Perhaps, I should propose this change to someone working on the next FAF patch or make this change myself. Does anyone know who should I contact to contribute to source code?
FAF Feature - Unit Restriction Manager
HUSSAR

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 59 times
FAF User Name: HUSSAR

Postby HUSSAR » 07 Oct 2015, 23:48

Aulex wrote:Another thing, IDK if possible to fix is that the mass income includes reclaim income, IMO it would be nice to separate the two.

Yes, that would be an interesting challenge to take on and I think that I have a few ideas how to do this. Although, it would require either changing my UI mod to Sim mod (which I want to avoid because Sim mod would be unusable with replays) or making a few changes in lua files and releasing it as FAF patch. The latter option is better because it would benefit all FAF users even those not using my UI mod.
HUSSAR

Postby Exotic_Retard » 08 Oct 2015, 10:00

HUSAR_PL wrote:Perhaps, I should propose this change to someone working on the next FAF patch or make this change myself. Does anyone know who should I contact to contribute to source code?

sure! talk to sheeo about it, visit the github page: https://github.com/FAForever
and also join slack: https://faforever.slack.com

looking at your mod im sure you will find something great to contribute
also: your mod doesn't work with: "coloured allies in score!", not really a problem as yours does the same thing but more, just thought you might want to know

hope this helps
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Myxir » 08 Oct 2015, 10:26

Exotic_Retard wrote:also: your mod doesn't work with: "coloured allies in score!"

not surprising, i made that mod (extracting the features from lazyshare, not even doing much there) years ago when lazyshare wasn't working on FAF anymore, it should be incompatible with about all UI mods that affect the score board due to destructive hooking
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 306 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Postby HUSSAR » 09 Oct 2015, 04:50

Exotic_Retard wrote:sure! talk to sheeo about it, visit the github page: https://github.com/FAForever
and also join slack: https://faforever.slack.com looking at your mod im sure you will find something great to contribute...

Yes, that is what I needed and I will start contributing this weekend. It's great that you have your own slack channel and it should speed up communication between developers.

I have already listed the coloured allies in score mod in the conflicts table (mod_info.lua) but I might have an older uid or something. In the next version of my mod, I will update conflicts table and add other unique identifiers of conflicting mods.
HUSSAR

Postby HUSSAR » 10 Oct 2015, 23:25

I uploaded version 1.1 of this mod to FAF vault and here are changes:

- fixed info about active mods in replay/game session
- fixed status of game raking
- fixed tooltip about game quality/balance
- added coloring of player names based on team color

Thanks for feedback from: Petricpwnz, Anihilnine

Let me know if you would like to add/change something in this mod.
HUSSAR

Postby nine2 » 11 Oct 2015, 01:45

Nice work once again.

You should be able to
- display mass income rate excluding reclaim (gyle has asked for this 100x)
- display reclaimed mass income rate

Here's how:

Spoiler: show
These are the figures I used... I don't remember which ones you need but probable the first and last.

brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_Reclaimed_Mass", 0.0).Value
brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_income_reclaimed_Mass", 0.0).Value
brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_AccumExcess_Mass", 0.0).Value
brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_Output_Mass", 0.0).Value
brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_TotalConsumed_Mass", 0.0).Value
brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_Income_Mass", 0.0).Value
brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_TotalProduced_Mass", 0.0).Value

Basically this will retrieve values that mean mass_reclaimed_sofar and mass_produced_sofar (which includes reclaim).

Each tick or whatever you compare the current value of them to the previous value of them to get mass_reclaimed_pertick and mass_produced_pertick. From there you can turn them into perSecond values (depends how often you are updating your UI). At this point you can just reduce the mass one by the reclaim one to seperate them and boom... you have:

- mass income rate per second ex reclaim
- reclaim income rate per second

later it would be nice to also have the mass rate that you are receiving from team mates, and of course the same stuff for energy.

This used to work 100%. I can't check right now if it still works. I did all this sim side and not sure if it works ui side.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby HUSSAR » 11 Oct 2015, 06:06

Anihilnine wrote:Nice work once again...

These are the figures I used... I don't remember which ones you need but probable the first and last.
brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_Reclaimed_Mass", 0.0).Value
brain:GetArmyStat("Economy_income_reclaimed_Mass", 0.0).Value
I did all this sim side and not sure if it works ui side.

Thanks Anihilnine. As you suspected, UI mods do not have access to brain:GetArmyStat so these values would have to be added/sync. to score data. This code will be very useful when I try to add it to my pull requests for FAF repository. Thanks again.
HUSSAR

Postby nine2 » 11 Oct 2015, 09:39

But - econ panel does does display total so far at the moment.

edit: but it does it via built in global function GetEconomyTotals - a solution that requires you to be observing as that player - thus is useless for you
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

PreviousNext

Return to Mods & Tools