SupCom:FA MOBA?

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

SupCom:FA MOBA?

Postby MinisterPhobia » 28 May 2015, 18:47

I suck at programming. I'm incredibly terrible at it. Recent attempts to learn how to program have once again proven this to me. As such, I've decided to ask here if anyone thinks it's possible and might want to actually discuss how to implement such a thing.

I've seen lots of new MOBAs over the recent few years. League of Legends, Dota2, and Heroes of the Storm, to name just a few. All of them aren't terrible, though I've only enjoyed HotS so far, but none of them have that truly epic feel that SupCom gives.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that thinks a MOBA based on SupCom would be an interesting idea, incorporating many of the units from the game and a whole new set of mechanics.

If anyone thinks they have the time to sit down and attempt to program/script this, I would love to partake in the design aspect of things and see if we can't make an enjoyable mod out of this.

Aside from the fun gameplay mode, MOBAs seem to attract huge numbers of players and I believe that, if executed well, this could drive a whole new player base to FAForever. While I love the community that we've got, I don't think anyone would argue that expanding the player base would be a bad thing.

Discuss! Let's see if this goes anywhere!
MinisterPhobia
Crusader

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: MinisterPhobia

Re: SupCom:FA MOBA?

Postby zeroAPM » 29 May 2015, 22:35

MinisterPhobia wrote:Let's take what makes SupCom a good game, remove it and shove what makes LoL or DOTA bad games, it will work! Promise!

If you hold any love for the game (SupCom obviously) then please take a cold shower and file it as a occurrence of temporary madness.

Spoiler: show
Real Time Strategy=/=Aeon of Strife Styled Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Re: SupCom:FA MOBA?

Postby Crotalus » 02 Jun 2015, 16:54

Could start with modding Demigod maybe, it's a MOBA game after all and using same engine underneath ;)
Crotalus
Priest

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 102 times
FAF User Name: Crotalus

Return to Mods & Tools