New Mod: Selection Deprioritizer

Everything about mods can be found here.

Moderator: Morax

Re: New Mod: Selection Deprioritizer

Postby CodingSquirrel » 07 Sep 2019, 22:52

I just uploaded a new version of Selection Deprioritizer (version 5) which should solve the random selection issue. I was getting the same problem, but after a test game with the new version it worked perfectly. I also added for it to not select units who are assisting. This can be disabled with a flag, like the other filters.

I've also created a github repo for it at https://github.com/CodingSquirrel/Selec ... rioritizer
CodingSquirrel

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: CodingSquirrel

Postby QuestionMarkNoob » 08 Sep 2019, 22:17

Thank you for fixing the mod, it is one my favorites :)

Sadly, with assisting units now being deselected, this also means that assisting engies are being deselected as well. I found it very difficult to play with this.

Is it possible to remove this feature for engineers only?
QuestionMarkNoob

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby CodingSquirrel » 09 Sep 2019, 01:32

QuestionMarkNoob wrote:Thank you for fixing the mod, it is one my favorites :)

Sadly, with assisting units now being deselected, this also means that assisting engies are being deselected as well. I found it very difficult to play with this.

Is it possible to remove this feature for engineers only?

I played a game with it today and have to say I'm not sure whether or not I like the general assist filter. Makes it hard to select some things I want to, like you're finding with the engies. Going to play around with it more before deciding whether I like it for myself. Thankfully if you want the new filter off completely you can set filterAssisters to false in SelectionDeprioritizer.lua

Alternatively if you just want the engies off, you can create a list of blueprints (e.g., excludeBlueprintIds) for things you want to exclude, and edit line 285 to
Code: Select all
if unit:GetGuardedEntity() and (not arrayContains(excludeBlueprintIds,unit:GetBlueprint().BlueprintId)) then

That should make it so anything on that list won't be filtered out for assisting. You could do a similar check for the double clicked unit above if you don't want that to run on them either.
CodingSquirrel

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 63 times
FAF User Name: CodingSquirrel

Postby Farmsletje » 20 Nov 2019, 18:43

Would be extremely nice to see an addition of hotkeys to be able to manually switch your unit selection priorities midgame.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 416 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Myxir » 01 Dec 2019, 12:24

Farmsletje wrote:Would be extremely nice to see an addition of hotkeys to be able to manually switch your unit selection priorities midgame.

since i've not asked whether i can upload this to the vault, the mod is attached here
as usual, place it in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods and enable it in the lobby (uuid changed) for it to work

CodingSquirrel wrote:I've also created a github repo for it at https://github.com/CodingSquirrel/Selec ... rioritizer

added a pull request

Edit:
reuploaded the mod and added a new PR, messed some default value up which caused a black screen
Attachments
SelectionDeprioritizer.zip
(62.26 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Unhappy with balance http://i.imgur.com/q5G2BlM.png
Myxir
Evaluator

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 302 times
FAF User Name: Washy (irc)

Previous

Return to Mods & Tools