How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby Heaven » 13 May 2017, 11:05

How to bind what

  • space bar,
  • insert, and
  • delete
do to another key? can't find it in the f1 menu
User avatar
Heaven
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 21:27
Location: Gazath-Sonika
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 129 times
FAF User Name: Heaven

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby EcoNoob » 13 May 2017, 18:34

Heaven wrote:How to bind what

  • space bar,
  • insert, and
  • delete
do to another key? can't find it in the f1 menu


What you can do is map those keys to other keys on your keyboard, like + 0 * / etc, and add those to faf in the f1 menu. Still shitty solution though.
EcoNoob
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 212
Joined: 20 Nov 2015, 22:05
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 58 times
FAF User Name: EcoNoob

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby Anihilnine » 13 May 2017, 23:02

I mapped space the normal way once.

Hmm, maybe you can edit ur game prefs file
Anihilnine
Moderator
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 10:10
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 371 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby partymarty81 » 18 May 2017, 11:33

Hi Anihilnine - followed instructions and now have a shiny nearest idle scout command which works as it should, thank you :D

What would be the code be (if such exists) for nearest idle bomber/gunship/transport?

I think there was a standard keybind for select all transports however would like one to use like with the nearest idle scout.

Cheers, Party
partymarty81
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 09 Aug 2016, 21:03
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby Anihilnine » 19 May 2017, 00:00

partymarty81 wrote:Hi Anihilnine - followed instructions and now have a shiny nearest idle scout command which works as it should, thank you :D

What would be the code be (if such exists) for nearest idle bomber/gunship/transport?

I think there was a standard keybind for select all transports however would like one to use like with the nearest idle scout.

Cheers, Party


Gunships:
UI_SelectByCategory +nearest +idle AIR GROUNDATTACK
Transports:
UI_SelectByCategory +nearest +idle TRANSPORTFOCUS
Bombers:
UI_SelectByCategory +nearest +idle BOMBER
Anihilnine
Moderator
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 10:10
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 371 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby partymarty81 » 19 May 2017, 08:01

Anihilnine wrote:
partymarty81 wrote:Hi Anihilnine - followed instructions and now have a shiny nearest idle scout command which works as it should, thank you :D

What would be the code be (if such exists) for nearest idle bomber/gunship/transport?

I think there was a standard keybind for select all transports however would like one to use like with the nearest idle scout.

Cheers, Party



Gunships:
UI_SelectByCategory +nearest +idle AIR GROUNDATTACK
Transports:
UI_SelectByCategory +nearest +idle TRANSPORTFOCUS
Bombers:
UI_SelectByCategory +nearest +idle BOMBER

Cheers mate that's brilliant
partymarty81
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 09 Aug 2016, 21:03
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 53 times
FAF User Name: partymarty81

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby Heaven » 23 Jul 2017, 14:00

Anihilnine wrote:I mapped space the normal way once.

Hmm, maybe you can edit ur game prefs file

You can map space the normal way or via game.prefs, but it will still tilt the camera in addition. Is there any way to bind the camera tilt onto something else instead of space?

@Anihilnine: Could you please explain how to make a shortcut that selects 5 ASFs without using a split unit mod workaround?
User avatar
Heaven
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 21:27
Location: Gazath-Sonika
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 129 times
FAF User Name: Heaven

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby Anihilnine » 24 Jul 2017, 01:17

You can't do that Heaven. There is a shortcut for "add to select next idle engie" so if you hit it 4 times you get 4 engies, hit it again you get the 5th engie. However there is no generic shortcut for "add to select next [type that i specify]" and they have to be build manually.

Which is why unit spit is so awesome, you just hit your key for asf (ctrl-a) then hit (ctrl-alt 2) to get the nearest half, if that is too much hit it again to get get half again.

Or hit ctrl-a for ASF then (v) for next and (shift v) four times to get the nearest 5 asf.
Anihilnine
Moderator
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 10:10
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 371 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby Anihilnine » 24 Jul 2017, 01:18

i dont think you can rebind camera tilt
Anihilnine
Moderator
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 10:10
Has liked: 250 times
Been liked: 371 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Re: How to: Make new keyboard shortcuts

Postby Crap_Bag » 18 Aug 2017, 11:59

how do i make a factory build queue, with just pressing a hotkey it queues it all in without having to click it
Crap_Bag
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 07 Nov 2015, 05:03
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Snoop

PreviousNext

Return to Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest