Few tip from pro

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Few tip from pro

Postby Gothmos » 26 May 2013, 08:55

Not as pro as such here, but you should always put radar where it gives you valuable coverage and you can protect it. If you can't build a radar outside of your base, then inside your base it must be.
Gothmos
Contributor

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Gothmos

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 26 May 2013, 16:31

I would tend to disagree. T1 radar is stupidly cheap, and only takes 20 energy to run. If you just throw out a t1 radar in 5 places spread across the map, you can get almost as much coverage as a t2 radar for 50 less en/sec to run. One gets killed? no big deal... you have another nearby that will soon pick up the signals and losing the one was a very small cost.

If you are building higher tier radar, especially Omni, yes put it in your base or under a shield. T2 and T3 radar is a pretty good snipe target and a single t1 bomber can kill either.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby prodromos » 06 Jun 2013, 00:46

I am not a skilled player, so judge for youself, what I am saying.
"I get a good firebase (shield, t2 radar, 3 t2 pd , 2 tmd , 1 tml and mix t1 and t2 unit"
Don't get a good firebase! If your opponent falls for this,ok, but if he doesn't it's the equivalent of committing
suicide.A fire base ,if it doesnt get built quick enough and stealthily enough, will only stall your economy,leaving you vulnerable and giving your opponent many choices to finish you!
prodromos

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Hawkei » 02 Jul 2013, 07:04

Circuit wrote:The ajustment i did (id 951267) :

no suicide acu...
Scouting a little more often
use of tml ( i dont build tmd because i know this middle was safe and my sea side)

I know i should build a t2 shield around my t2 pd even we have air control(notice when i watch my replay)

Here some question: Should I put a radar in my main base?? Should i make some land unit??

T1 radar is so cheap, that I often build a T1 radar at all of my defensive outposts/firebases. Even if they are covered by T2/T3 radar coverage. That way I know each firebase has an organic detection capability and the T2 PD and Arty will find targets, even if my Omni is sniped.

Also, a defensive firebase of 3 T2 PD, 1 T2 shield, TMD, and T2 AA will hold down an area reasonably well. It is not a huge investment, and can be supported by mobile units if need be. Having little bases like these, combined with a predominantly mobile force will give you a good balance for map control. But don't build too many PD in one place... If you really need the firepower extra mobile units should be stationed there instead.

Also, when your base includes Artillery or TML , it has moved from being an outpost to an offensive firebase. TML are highly effective; but expensive and easily countered. They may not be worthwhile building. In the later game. 1 TML can be useful for popping the occasional unit, or mex. The TML is still capable of close fire support. Also, if you sucessfully raided the enemy TMD, say with air units, the TML can let loose on all those mexes. It is a useful thing to have in your "back pocket". So I probably wouldn't reclaim it. I would however stop it building the full inventory of missiles, if it drained my eco too much.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Circuit » 08 Jul 2013, 06:51

Here the third part.

I ask this question to a trainer from the us ( sorry cant remember the name) and tell me making pd was a little a waste of ressource. I should help my teamate with unit

The map is mountain colony.

i upgrade my acu to t2 fast. During this time my 1200 ranking teamate sucess to push the other team (average ranking 1300). I play safe vs them i make a firebase with shield t2 pd, tmd and aa. So the enemy team begin to turtle with t2 tech. My teamate begin to stock t1 spam.

I decide to rush to t3 with my acu (uef). I make few t3 aa and to create a breech, i make 3 t3 pd to break the turtle. It was a sucess and my team swarm the gap. I know i play well ( i didnt die vs better player and i help my team) So i begin to make a fb.

A gc was spot in the enemy base and my fb begin to harass the enemy base. When i notice the gc was almost finish. I lock down the place ( 3 t2 shield and 14 t3 pd). And in no time the gc was going in the middle

At this point, do I made a good desicion?? I got also got t3 fact (with 15 engy) to make percy. how many percy have to be made to kill a gc??

So the gc kill my fb and begin to attack my firebase (i was leaving just before the attack). the gc has 6k hitpoint and decide to withdraw.
Circuit
Contributor

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Circuit

Postby ColonelSheppard » 08 Jul 2013, 09:17

post replay otherwise nobody can answer that well
ColonelSheppard
Contributor

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 165 times
FAF User Name: Sheppy

Postby Circuit » 08 Jul 2013, 16:54

the replay id is 1083547. At the end , we got a lot of desync so the end is not the same

I try to find it i my harddisk but i cant find the file. Any idea.....

Btw i know i screw my eco in this game
Circuit
Contributor

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Circuit

Postby rootbeer23 » 08 Jul 2013, 17:03

the fatboy must stay at maximum range the the GC, and run from it.
the GC should not be able to catch you, but it may survive to destroy the firebase.
since you made the same the mistake in the other game, here is your answer.
so if you spot the GC only after it is halfway to your fatboy, you failed at making scoutplanes.
rootbeer23
Supreme Commander

Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: root2342

Previous

Return to Help