Replay Analysis Thread

Need help? This is the right place!
Note, reporting bugs and issues should be in the Tech Support forum!

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Re: Replay Analysis Thread

Postby keyser » 19 Apr 2016, 20:30

i think you need to focus on other thing than improving your T3 game play.
But if you need advice in order to know how to play the T3 aeon.
- Try to avoid power stall it make the shield of your harbi down, and they are significantly more vulnerable.
- use the range of your T3 unit, try to use them like aurora, when you are against T2, use attack move.
- when you get T3 before your opponent try to abuse that fact, by dropping 1 harbi on the high ground, and to send them in little squad to do some raiding.
- think about some flak in your T3 army so you don't get beaten by air.
- harbi vs percy is a difficult match up. I would advice it only for pros. When you see your opponent reached the T3 phase, you should focus on sniper bot, and some mobile shield to protect them from bomber. And of course use the range of the sniper bot.
- in general when you rush T2/T3 try to avoid the opponent acu, so he don't OC your first powerful unit.

but as i said, there is more to do in general about expending, reclaiming, not suiciding unit (giving reclaim)....

hope it helps
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Valki » 20 Apr 2016, 03:18

Keyser:

I know a lot (more) is wrong with other stuff, but with that I have a decent idea of what I did wrong when I watch my own replay.

Thanks for the advice, it helps a lot.
Valki

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 27 times
FAF User Name: Valki

Postby SpdyGonzalez » 28 Apr 2016, 17:19

I need some theory about navy, specific cybran one, also, how to counter sera subs, how to position navy facs rally points, best group formations, what to send to where ... you get the picture ?

watch the replay attached, I loose so much navy for no reason that its not even funny :(
are there any navy video tutorials on youtube ? involving fights ?
Attachments
4700815-BugsBunny.fafreplay
(212.01 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
SpdyGonzalez

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: BugsBunny

Postby WoundedElk » 01 May 2016, 00:01

Hi, i have two games where I want to know how I could do better. The canis game obviously I needed more flak, but what else could I have done better? and in the eye of the storm match i dont know what went wrong.
Attachments
4706214-WoundedElk.fafreplay
(70.75 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
4700311-WoundedElk.fafreplay
(58.69 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
WoundedElk
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: WoundedElk

Postby keyser » 11 Sep 2016, 02:06

putting my "pride" aside. (if there is any pride to have about a game)

what i did wrong ?

i've some idea :
- lab did some damage
- he got middle reclaim
- i spammed too much engie (2 facto is too much at some point)
- putting T2 pgen that far ahead was a mistake.
- being late on mml to push back T2 pd
- not spending all ressource (6k in storage at some point, while he was spending all his mass in BP and more tank/arty)
- being late on spaming T2 pd for defense.
- not scaling up my T2 production at my opponent level.

all this aside, it doesn't really help me to explain his early advantage. (everyone does some mistake every game, and usually i've still good advantage)

is there other stuff i'm missing ? like how did he has that much reclaim with low number of engie (even with middle reclaim).
2nd part (com on com battle) is less interesting, because i know already where i failed and because it was continuation of his lead anyway.
Attachments
5143686-keyser.fafreplay
(364.19 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby ShortShank » 22 Sep 2016, 19:18

I'm about a 700 rated player in Ladder (so nothing special).
I played a 300 rated (Volusianus) who absolutely destroyed me twice with aurora spam to which I had no answer. The first game lasted under 12 minutes and I was shut out from the very beginning.
I know I let his harassment with labs and first bomber go on too long but if someone could look through and give me some pointers as to how to deal with all this spam, i'd really appreciate it.
First one 12mins long UID 5182236
Second one 23 mins long UID 5182351 (apologies for my saltiness in this one, t'was a frustrating game).

Cheers
Skriker
Attachments
5182263.fafreplay
(33.1 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
5182351.fafreplay
(56.8 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
ShortShank

FAF User Name: ShortShank

Postby JoonasTo » 23 Sep 2016, 12:28

First of all, your opponent was 1300 global, who had just not played ladder a lot so don't be too discouraged.

Second, learn BOs, you had over 300 extra power in the last one.

Third, don't send engineers to expand alone, protect them. 2 Tanks + 1 Scout kill 3 Labs.

Fourth, if you can win air, spam T1 bombers. Auroras are paper and your bomber's shred them apart in seconds.

EDIT: keyser, I'm not much to give you advice but your BO is worse than his, one extra early pgen before hydro is useless on wonder with the trees and hydro so close. Then he just basically ecos one step ahead of you for the rest of the game.

Seeing as you guys were doing basically the same strategy, he just does it better because that's his only strategy.

Broken trees matter a lot for reclaim speed on wonder because you will get the rocks under them a lot later if you break the trees on top. That means if they're not broken, you don't need to use nearly as many engineers for reclaim, and also the reason why everyone ninjascouts the trees.

Seemed like you just didn't see his T2PD creep and it killed a lot of your units and commander HP. A couple T1 bombers would have solved that, had you seen it earlier.
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby ShortShank » 23 Sep 2016, 19:35

^I will do. Thanks very much for taking the time to look through. Much appreciated!
ShortShank

FAF User Name: ShortShank

Postby Paisley » 10 Oct 2016, 17:04

Hello guys,

I'm really new and a beginner and are trying to play some easy maps in team play so it's not that frustrating at the beginning :D
What happened two or three times now is that I think we/I played more or less good but got stuck in middle/late game. I like air but when the other has good defense I guess there is no way for air attack against turtle base? Like T3 bombers? Nukes work for me when I'm fast, but as in this replay they got defense quick, than it's useless. T3 arty takes a lot of time, once I tried T3 rapid fire arty but when it had 97% got destroyed because all my resources went there.
So my question is: What should I do when I am at this point in the game? Look for example the replay. We got 100% air and navy control, land was okay, but we got a little bit stuck, I was out of ideas and the other team had to much time to build cool stuff...

Thank you! Paisley
Attachments
5256027-Paisley.fafreplay
(211.37 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Paisley

Has liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Paisley

Postby biass » 11 Oct 2016, 04:08

Paisley wrote:Hello guys,
blah blah
Thank you! Paisley

First of all, you stalled power at the beginning :P you built too many mexes before getting your hydro done
Second, dont expect to be able to win with units on Astro Crater Battles, is a cancer turtle map :(
Third, basic eco steps, all mexes go to t2 BEFORE you even think about mass storage...

As air, you're supposed to be getting t3, leave your other players to squat about with gunshit or swift winds
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

PreviousNext

Return to Help